It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU civil war erupts: States furious as Barnier poised to surrender to UK on Brexit deal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Keep YOUR Second Amendment Rights, it's entirely up to you. That has nothing whatsoever to do with anyone else.

Congratulations, you just said what I said.

Experience has everything to do with ideology. Pretty much the entire ideology of Locke and anyone influenced by him was influenced by the experience of witnessing the horrors of the English civil war. If you wish to continue thinking ideology is not influenced by experiences you are welcome to, it's like arguing 2+2 does not = 4.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Why indeed. How stupid do they think we are?

Apparently they thought the people in charge of the deal were very stupid, and for a while it looked like they were right. It is heartening to see the UK standing up for the citizens of the UK first.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: jamespond

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: gortex

Question. Is this pissing off the French and Germans? If so, good.

Great. All the French and the German people? Wow.

Yeah - that's correct... at least all the EU drones that live in those countries.
The minority (it seems) that want to break free from fascist Brussels have my sympathies, but also my encouragement to take back their countires from EU rule.

I don't see how Brexiteers can be going around labelling folks as fascists! I find that statement quite bizarre actually. A case of the pot calling the kettle black.

Brexiteers won an excercise in democracy.
Remoaners tried to subvert democracy.

I think the label of fasict on remoaners is quite apt.

I'll repeat, I don't get the fascism link.

I'll assume that you have no idea what you're talking about and leave it there

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: jamespond
I'll repeat, I don't get the fascism link.

No one's a fascist. It's a misuse of the word, which is sadly used to slight someone with a differing opinion.

However, the EU has significant democratic flaws - something which many Bretixteers laboured on. These flaws are worsening.

As we watch the EU accelerating the centralisation of power, including creating debt dependencies, one has to ask whether any EU citizen has been asked whether they want this. The EU is not bothering with growing EU scepticism, because the further and faster they, go the more impossible it will be for nation states to repeat a Brexit. The EU is out of control and no one has a way to stop it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join