It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU civil war erupts: States furious as Barnier poised to surrender to UK on Brexit deal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
It looks like the EU may be preparing to blink in the stand off over the EU/UK trade deal , the major sticking point was access to our fishing grounds or rather lack of it post Brexit , the continued insistence by the British government that we will leave on the 31st December seems to have the EU negotiators rattled with the deadline for us to be able to ask for another extension due to expire on June 30's .... come July we will be Home Free !

The Frenchman was warned by the bloc’s most influential fisheries capitals that he must continue to demand status access to Britain’s waters as part of any post-Brexit free-trade agreement. They said he must “uphold existing reciprocal access conditions, quota shared and traditional activity” for European trawler men. Prior to the video meeting with eleven ministers, Brussels sources said Mr Barnier was preparing to drop his “maximalist” position next week when trade talks with Britain resume.

Sorry Michel but our fishermen need you and your factory ships out.

Environmental concerns have been raised after a "monster" supertrawler ship was spotted off the south coast of England.

The Lithuanian-registered Margiris fishing boat - once considered the second largest in the world - was banned from fishing in Australian waters in 2013.
www.walesonline.co.uk...

Our waters for our fishermen.

He is said to have identified a potential compromise offer that would enable him to move closer to Boris Johnson’s demand to become an independent coastal nation and unlock the deadlocked negotiations.

One EU diplomat said: “Our opening line of keeping the current terms is impossible to uphold.

“That is clearly unattainable so we’d be looking to some narrowing of the positions.”

But chances of a trade-off were left in doubt after Irish agriculture minister Michael Creed said Mr Barnier had agreed to stick “rigidly” to his current position.
www.express.co.uk...

I think Mr Barnier has finally concluded that we are leaving at the end of the year , time to accept the inevitable and act like grown ups for all our sake's.

I believe the EU won't be the thing we see today in a few years , the discontent is brewing among the smaller countries and the COVID crisis lack of action to support member states has added to that , it's best we leave now.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I read earlier that he's trying to play the Human Rights card.

I don't know enough about that to form an opinion yet but it is something I will keep my eye on.

Edit on topic: The fishing industry is one of the main reasons I voted to leave.
edit on 2852020 by Wide-Eyes because: ☝

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
... come July we will be Home Free !

All this freedom!! Next, your citizens will want the right to keep and bear arms (just like you taught us).

Heartfelt congratulations, Cousin(s).

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Civil war? Really? Could you be any more clickbaity?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

The thread title is the headline of the article linked to in the OP in accordance with ATS recommendations.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I wonder how agriculture will chance when the UK is forced to pay decent pay to UK workers instead of getting that cheap labor from Eastern Europe.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

That's why I laugh when I'm called a "leftist".
Although I could do without the bearing of arms thanks.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Question. Is this pissing off the French and Germans? If so, good.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That was done when the result of the referendum was announced , they've struggled to come to terms with it ever since.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well that's two of us alleged 'leftists' who passionately support Brexit......and oppose the right to bear arms here in the UK.

Guess we just don't do pigeon holing and labelling to the obsessive extent our colonial cousins do.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
That was done when the result of the referendum was announced , they've struggled to come to terms with it ever since.

Good. You still owe the French a pissing off ever since the Trojan Rabbit thing failed.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I love pissing people off......but I take particular delight in pissing French and Germans off.....and the odd supercilious American.
- not directed at you good Sir I hasten to add.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It should be a spectator sport, I'd pay to watch and Englishman taunt a German or French doofus.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

They can purchase the fish from the UK fishermen. It seems that the EU is just trying to benefit financially from this Brexit deal. Why would the UK allow them to still fish in their waters and take away the ability of the UK to feed itself. Tell them to kiss your Bass.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:10 PM
link   

How anyone thought entering into any sort of Union with a nation and people we have essentially been at war with for nearly a thousand years was a good idea is beyond me.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I love pissing people off......but I take particular delight in pissing French and Germans off.....and the odd supercilious American.
- not directed at you good Sir I hasten to add.

I would rather be pissed off than pissed on. The EU seems to want to piss on the UK

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

I wonder how agriculture will chance when the UK is forced to pay decent pay to UK workers instead of getting that cheap labor from Eastern Europe.

Well, UK agriculture managed perfectly well prior to uncontrolled immigration from the EU. And I'm sure if need be a seasonal work permit system could be implemented for foreign workers.

It's not the doomsday binary scenario some would have us believe...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

The Germans are actually alright.....they just have a crap sense of humour.
They aspire to be British, not something I can criticise them for.

But the French on the other hand.....a scurrilous people who despise us for saving their arses....twice! (Now I sound like one of those bull#ting Yanks I'm always quick to pull up!)

Not that I stereotype people at all.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Motorhead

Or how about take some of those on the dole who are able to work and pay them a honest days wage for an honest days work for the duration of the picking season?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The reason so many of us voted leave myself included was a complex one, most of us did not do so out of any form of racism or dislike of our neighbours BUT we did not like having our culture eroded.

One main reason was many saw how we were being swamped by people finding easy passage all the way through the EU to our own nation, notably people from the Middle East, Africa and Asia whom usually claimed to be asylum seekers but in fact were and are nothing but economic migrant's.

To be frank we Brit's got sick and tired of it all, we got sick and tired of politically correct goon's banning church bell's on Sunday because they may offend some minority or become some dick of an atheist claimed he could not sleep or enjoy his Sunday off, we got sick of our hedgerow's being destroyed and our nation being uglified by EU policy's which over ruled law's that had formerly provided protection to our hedge rows, we Got sick of having our job's, council houses and benefit's given to EU national's AHEAD of our own people so that the UK could fit into a quota and say it was welcoming the EU with open arm's AND we god sick of fishermen whom used to poach our waters often with clashes between them and our own fishermen when they caught them doing so being given free reign to hide the fact they were often taking far more than there supposed quota limit and harming our fishing stock's.

To be fair nearly all of the problems we got sick of were the fault of our own parliament not the EU but why were we paying those bozo's so much money when it all ended up paying for luxury lunches and massive wages for next to useless EU parliament members that did not even do hardly anything for us - the only people whom really benefited with one half of the elite whom had there investment's all over Europe while the other half of that elite have other vested interests in seeing us withdraw from the ticking time bomb that Europe really has become.

Under the EU's liberal idealism Islamism and western hating jihadi's have done what the great powers of the Islamic world failed to do for nearly 1400 years, they have achieved what attempted invasions failed and have set up colonies, taken control of important roles in our government's and demanded right for there religion - which weakens our own cultures and traditions just to make room for there's and our authority's have bent over backwards to not only allow this but to promote it.

Under a former British Labour government we had a policy put in place called PRO - DISCRIMINATION, this was put in place under the guise of promoting woman and minority's - and EU citizens not from our nation - into job's and roles but in fact was an actual legal act of DISCRIMINATION against native born British workers.

Now do not get me wrong, I am all for woman being treated fairly and equally (Men - still make better soldiers, sailors and pilot's sorry lady's - horses for courses if you catch my drift) and I am thoroughly against racism BUT this was actually RACISM and SEXISM Against ME! by my own bloody government and I have always been a labour voter so what the hell?.

But bad is often followed by worse and we ended up with the condem's in them a coalition of the liberal democrat's and the conservatives (Tory's) that was only voted in because so many people's stomach's had turned when act's like this were made law - but we also blamed the EU since the then labour government was only really putting into law a policy that the EU itself was pushing onto it's member states.

This in turn helped turn us against the EU even more and despite hating the Tory's from the pit of there stomach's many voted them in so that they could vote out of the EU, actually the guy that offered this to get himself into power was shocked at the result since Cameron was really a remain supporter and had serious personal investments in the EU, he had even brought in a FRENCH company owned by a personal friend of his called ATOS to ASSESS our sick pay recipient's and have quota driven targets (that had nothing to do with whether these people were sick or well) to classify them as fit for work in order to push the Tory's long standing ideological (and propaganda supported since they controlled most media through there financial backers etc) plan to demolish the British welfare state - it needed reform since it was founded to look after OUR people not migrant's from elsewhere and not drug addict's that abused the system but we still then and still do now need it as a national safety net, without it employers are free to push slave like conditions on there workers such as zero hours contract's etc - all of which suit's the Tory's of course since most of them are well off and want to exploit there own people not help them.

Either way we got out, we have to fight a second battle now for control of our nation and to take it back from the hand's of an elite minority of prick's and wealthy thieves and to put that power back into the hands of the British people were it belongs, to restore British moral's, British cultural values and British freedom's FOR the British people, we used to lead the world in these and have let it slip out of our hand's having seeming forgotten the men and woman that died to win us those right's.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join