It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis On Fire / Are Police Intensionally Trying To Start a Race War?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Are you discounting that the murderer is a domestic terrorist?

That seems more likely, given the circumstances.

link   
a reply to: game over man

Wowzers... You shouldn't let your emotions control you to the level they're controlling you.

I haven't seen many, if any, far right people (like myself) who support the police, not condemn Derek Chauvin for his actions, including the other 3 police there.

FWIW, I don't think "literal" means what you think it means.

link   
The only race war is the one media and Democrats push.

They only care about a black life if it can be used to push their agenda. The thousands of blacks shot and killed in Chicago? they don't care. their lives don't matter. One guy being arrested by a white cop dies? that life they can use

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The only race war is the one media and Democrats push.

They only care about a black life if it can be used to push their agenda. The thousands of blacks shot and killed in Chicago? they don't care. their lives don't matter. One guy being arrested by a white cop dies? that life they can use

Patently untrue. If you can't beat the Democrats on facts, and must resort to errors and deceits, what does that say about your side?

Hundreds of grass roots organizations in Chicago are working to stop gun violence. Some of those are made up of Democrats.

You're claiming that Democrats are using this murder to advantage? Well, teapot, so are you.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

(Fact check)

Truth.

(EDIT: I'm just a poster. I'm ok to "fact check" you (lol) because I have zero professional affiliation to and I am not employed by ATS)
edit on 28-5-2020 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

I don't think there was a terrorism angle. I just think police have gotten too far away from their purpose when they become militarized combat units. They breed this mentality, and it never used to be like that.

You'll hear some attributing this to stemming from being outgunned by gangsters, but I don't agree. Back in the 30's mobsters were armed with automatic weapons, actual machine guns, and the cops all carried .38 revolvers. They didn't need tanks, armored personnel carriers and frigging artillery. No, something else changed.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

This won't end until the cops have been completely eliminated. Then the same people who hate the police will be crying for police to come to their rescue.

People make bad decisions, that's why we have laws to punish those who make bad decisions. We hold 800,000+ cops to a higher standard, but when one situation goes awry, people want the entire department eliminated. Imagine the state we'd be in if every department/organization was held to those standards. We'd be living in tents hunting food.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Excellent points and clear thinking. Big props to you, FCD. Something has changed and we (US society) need to figure out why and change it back to something that serves all of us before it's too late.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Here's a couple of photos from the peaceful protest. I wonder if anyone will cry literal tears over this.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Raggedyman

This won't end until the cops have been completely eliminated. Then the same people who hate the police will be crying for police to come to their rescue.

People make bad decisions, that's why we have laws to punish those who make bad decisions. We hold 800,000+ cops to a higher standard, but when one situation goes awry, people want the entire department eliminated. Imagine the state we'd be in if every department/organization was held to those standards. We'd be living in tents hunting food.

That’s being a little melodramatic don’t you think.
A man was murdered in the street by the people who are to protect and serve, people are angry and afraid and that’s a big and, and it also seems more than ONE situation going awry, seems like YEARS of one situation after another going awry, or is that just me?

It’s not about a lawless society, it’s about police upholding the law and treating people with respect.
You reap what you sow

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Oh, I see em (both). I wonder who, if anyone, they actually work for. That's all I'm saying. My man in the lower right looks particularly elevated, doesn't he?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What that cop did was straight up murder. The guy was struggling to talk for 5 minutes and then stopped being responsive. The cop kept his knee on his neck for five more minutes while the guy laid there dead.

BEFORE riots started, however, we should have known if the cop gets charged with murder and locked up for life, as an example to other cops behaving badly to STOP behaving like this. The other cops who stood there acting tough and did nothing while ordinary citizens pleaded for 10 straight minutes for the man's life should be charged as well.

edit on 28-5-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2020 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: panoz77

Actually, if a connection between the graffiti incident (if true) and the murder can be proven then it was premeditated which would be more than Manslaughter.

edit. Just read up on the graffiti, or at least what I think you are referring to. The protestors graffiti at his house? How does that make the "homicide" premeditated murder? I'm not following your logic.
edit on 28-5-2020 by panoz77 because: changed text after reading clarification

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: ketsuko

You and I weren't there. Just like we weren't there when cops deployed dogs, tear gas, bean bags and water hoses on peaceful protesters at Standing Rock.

It definitely "feels like" the cops in this situation (and at Standing Rock) were cocked and loaded and waiting for a provocateur.

I wonder why they were so restrained when "peaceful protesters" with guns were shouting and gleeking in their faces a few weeks ago in Michigan. Would they have deployed tear gas and dogs if a provocateur (on either side) went the extra mile? For some reason, I seriously doubt it.

I feel it really depends on the area. Poverty stricken areas will have the most crime and social issues and so the police will be naturally harden against that. This is why something like this can happen as the police in what we would call "bad" areas will treat the people there in a more extreme way and in many cases it might be warranted, but then this happens and the curtain is pulled aside for a brief moment as everyone else says WTF!

edit on 28-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Hundreds of grass roots organizations in Chicago are working to stop gun violence. Some of those are made up of Democrats.

Thank you. I've made that point so many times... even as recently as yesterday... hunting down links and posting... and it's always ignored. I suppose you will be also, but it's at least nice to be in good company!

And I'll just add it's not only in Chicago. Baltimore, NYC, etc.

You're claiming that Democrats are using this murder to advantage? Well, teapot, so are you.

^^^ This cannot be said enough. Quoting just because it bears repeating.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You are a breath of fresh air and one of my inspirations here (as it Ket, Gryph and many others). Thank you!

The ability to "argue" in the classical sense of the word sometimes feels like a dying art. We owe it to each other to argue in good faith. I let my emotions get the better of me yesterday re this subject and I won't attempt to scrub my history. I'm not special, but we need more "arguments in good faith," and less emotional diarrhea IMO.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

People don't generally respect each other and respect life the way they used to.

We live in a throwaway culture and everything is disposable, including you and me, and that goes for people on all sides of this.

Everyone wants to say "Black Lives Matter" as if they're the only ones in this society who feel like no one cares about them, but that's not true. No one cares about anyone except themselves, and that's the plain truth. This isn't unique to blacks.

Case in point: Do you think it was only old black people who died when the sick were sent into the nursing homes?

edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
No one cares about anyone except themselves, and that's the plain truth.

Oh Pfffftt ... take it back.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't be quick to blame anyone.
There is a video circulating of a tall skinny white guy in black with a gas mask on, carrying an umbrella leaving a scene of a fire.
Who knows who's behind it.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Boadicea

You are a breath of fresh air and one of my inspirations here (as it Ket, Gryph and many others). Thank you!

Thank you for the kind words -- much appreciated!

The ability to "argue" in the classical sense of the word sometimes feels like a dying art. We owe it to each other to argue in good faith. I let my emotions get the better of me yesterday re this subject and I won't attempt to scrub my history. I'm not special, but we need more "arguments in good faith," and less emotional diarrhea IMO.

I'm sooooooooo with you there!!! I am finding it very difficult not to let my anger get the better of me here. There is so much wrong here. So much blame to go around. So much ignorance and arrogance to confront. And so many depraved hearts....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join