It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hang In For Another Day

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

And we lead the world in prisons we admittedly can't control.

America! F yeah!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well, let's do the math - 2007. That's 13 years ago. He spent 5 of those in prison. So he's been on the streets for 8 years after that.

I could see them making a fuss if he had a record of incidents *after* the first one. But if he's had no more violent type incidents, not domestic disturbances or small time stuff or anything like that ... He's been walking the street for nearly a decade with no other violent type police issues?

I don't see it. I can see caution, yes, but not what they were doing. And all they were called for was passing a counterfeit which may or may not have even been his - we don't know at this point.

This is different from the guy in New York who was selling black market cigs. That guy was clearly resisting. This one wasn't.

edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did the cops even know who he was at the time?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Something happened for it to escalate like that.

We do not know.

It'd be great if we got to see the complete video on the event in question.

But I'm not holding my breath.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The same woman who secured the conviction of Officer Noor is assigned this case.

That should help some to know.

Floyd’s death is under investigation by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and the FBI. When the BCA investigation is complete, the file will be turned over to the Hennepin County Attorney for charging. The case has been assigned to Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Amy Sweasy. Sweasy is the prosecutor who secured the third-degree murder conviction of Mohamed Noor last year in the death of Justine Damond. I would guess that Sweasy will be closely involved with the BCA investigation. She was not impressed with its work in the Noor case.

This is the process, and the same Attorney who worked the Justine Damond case and convicted that officer will be working this case too. She was reportedly not impressed with the BCA investigation in the Noor case, but she should be working closely with the investigators on this case.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

It's easy to sit in our homes and "tsk tsk" at the cops, the looters, the riots, the violence.

It's entirely another thing to live it.

Again, I don't condone it, but I do sympathize.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think the racism route is the wrong way to go in this case.

One of the cops on scene when the man was killed was black.

The cop using his knee is married to a woman from Laos.

I don't think the issue is racism.

The issue is cops killing someone instead of arresting them.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don't know. I don't know if they had time to call in his ID and get any information like that. I know they sometimes do with car stops.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah, I get that.

But I want to live in a world with a rule of law. And that means if I spend too much time sympathizing with people who break the law in response to something like this without giving the system a chance, then I run the risk of losing sight of why the rule of law is so important to everyone, even the people who are busy looting and thinking it's justified.

Yes, what we see on that video makes us angry, but it's what happens when we allow the rule of law to fall away.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

They don't usually worry about identifying the suspect until after they are subdued.

Likely they had no idea of this guys record at the time.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Racism was the wrong route in the case in New York too, and for the same reasons, but there are very powerful political interests invested in making these things all about race.

For one thing, if we think it's all about race, we lose sight of abuse of power.

edit on 28-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

There's a reason why cops don't immediately get arrested and you know it. Sometimes, the use of force is justified and the procedures are supposed to protect those cops and sort it all out.

Yes, that means the wheels turn slowly in both cases - for good cops and bad.

It’s on video. The whole thing the one cop that did the murdering should have been arrested on the spot. Every second he is not is aggravating the situation.

I believe there was a shooting in one of the Carolinas that was plain as day too, and the investigation proceeded in the same manner and the cop was convicted.

Yes, there was a situation in Charleston where a black suspect was running, and a white cop shot him in the back. Cop was put on paid leave pending investigation. No rioting/looting, while people of all races expressed outrage (verbally.) The cop is now serving 30 years. We also had a lunatic white teen go into a black church in Charleston and attend a Bible study, then open fire on the group. No rioting or looting and he was later convicted of murder.

There is no doubt screwed up stuff in South Carolina, but I am proud of our citizens for their measured response & restraint following such horrible incidents. We stand together. It can be done. And it brings with it a heathy dose of mutual respect and solidarity amongst the peace-loving, law-abiding citizens of all races.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
They did run his name.

www.fox9.com...

Still watching this video to see what's what.

Videos worthless.

Blacked out /audio cut not much in the way of anything useful.
edit on 28-5-2020 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Sure, they didn't have cars...and $$ stores are so cheap, they ain't missing nuthin...

Mob mentality

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's easy to sit in our homes and "tsk tsk" at the cops, the looters, the riots, the violence.

It's entirely another thing to live it.

Again, I don't condone it, but I do sympathize.

If your business was being looted would you still have sympathy for them. Would you let them loot if you had a gun. I'm just interested in your course of action. I would absolutely shoot them.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: new_here

Things are different in the South too.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: iwanttobelieve70

You or me shouldn’t be arrested without 100% certainty but we are. Jail is dangerous for everyone.

That's not how it works though, and you know it.

Police don't make arrests in a case until they establish that a crime was committed and they are able to make charges with a case. The fact that these officers were fired already sounds to me like it's only a matter of time before the charges and case are made as I don't think even Officer Noor was let go like a hot potato, and if the local law enforcement won't, the Feds are involved now.

And no one is 100% guilty until found that way by a jury in a trial, and even then, it's only proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Yes they arrest with probable cause. Glad you saw the flaw in the 100% thing. Now guess what? They have probable cause to arrest these clowns. Probable cause is a fairly low bar.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yeah ... but passing a counterfeit bill isn't the same as armed robbery, and a single incident of such over 10 years ago wouldn't justify that treatment especially if it was the only such incident of violence on his record.

Anyone of you could get caught with a bad 20. And trust me, it doesn’t matter what color You are. The wrong cop pulls up and it could happen to you. What if it was your child that was killed for a bad 20? Bet you would want some vengeance.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
People are mad at the cops so they go steal from people that had nothing to do with it.

'Murica Eff yeah.

I guess there isn't too many Korean stores in the area there... I remember during the LA riots no one F with the Koreans as they sat on their roofs with shotguns.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don’t care what color, age, or sex you are cops are crooked as hell and will screw with you whenever the opportunity presents itself. We have given them too much power and they like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join