It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Governor is serious about masks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: oloufo

a reply to: incoserv

I took a stand today, I told my employer I refuse to wear a mask, and said I'd rather sit at home unemployed without a paycheck than be forced into something I don't agree with.

I'm still employed.

you are a real man and a great hero! but one could also say: you are acting like a 5 year old.

Well, what do you say? Which am I?

I don't consider myself a hero at all. I consider myself as someone that values freedoms over a paycheck, and today I laid that on the line. Like I said, I'm still employed.

wearing a mask as soon as you are among people prevents you from infecting others in case you have the virus. transmission is quite easy, it is enough to exhale strongly in the vicinity of a person. however, to be fair, incorrect handling of the mask can also be counterproductive.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Wearing a mask outside may cause more problems than it solves.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Masks have become a vanity piece, no one outside of a hospital setting uses them correctly.

In fact, they way people are lackadaisical with their masks is indeed worse than no mask. People get a false sense of security with a mask and forgo all other safety protocols...because they are masked.

And no, a piece of cloth on your face, 1 layer or 3, is not an adequate method of viral reduction. Putting cloth on your face and thinking you are safe or will not transmit the virus is like putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquito's, it just doesn't work.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

There will be documentaries about your bravery and patriotism.

I hope not, you'll find more entertainment in watching paint dry.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

That's the Walgreens on Hwy 50.

Do as I say, not as I do.
edit on 5 28 2020 by projectvxn because: Sorry barely awake.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Exactly, they force us to wear masks so *they* don't have to.

We're the great unwashed, and they're better than that. The whole rationale behind the mask is that it might protect someone else if you're infected. So you get it, right? Your betters are telegraphing that they think we're all disease ridden, unwashed filth spreading our dirty little germs around, and that's why we have to wear masks.

They are cleaner than that, so they don't need to.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Obviously ... Y'all don't understand yet. These folk is royalty. You do as they say, not as they do.

The have special privileges because ... Well, just because. Because they say so. Because they better than you.

Queen Gretchen's prince consort can demand special treatment as public facilities. They can all get their hair did while you can't even go buy a comb. They can play golf while you can't even walk down to the corner store for a beer.

Just genuflect and learn to say yes sir/yes ma'am with your head bowed low. And don't look 'em in the eye, for goodness sake!

A friend in the damage area posted last night that Gretchen stopped by again and as she was finishing her remarks, someone asked if she would open the restaurants so all the displaced people had somewhere to go to eat decent food. Without a pause, she said they can get carry out and take it home to eat.

I just... wow... I can't believe the extreme mind-numbing process that was done to her before she took office. That's the only way I can explain her actions and words. There are some serious intellectual challenges going on inside her head.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Wearing a mask outside may cause more problems than it solves.

Our house is on a main street and my home office is in a front room we never use. I see people walking by all the time, which is a good thing, but the other day I saw a guy in his 20s probably, walking at a good clip with a mask on. I can't imagine his oxygen level at the time but it had to be low.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

I live in IL, Pritzker Sucks signs and home for sale signs been popping up all over town.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I live in KC. The county went to Phase II on June 1, but Mayor Lucas has decided to extend KC phase I indefinitely.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I took a stand today, I told my employer I refuse to wear a mask, and said I'd rather sit at home unemployed without a paycheck than be forced into something I don't agree with.

I'm still employed.

you are a real man and a great hero! but one could also say: you are acting like a 5 year old.

Well, what do you say? Which am I?

I don't consider myself a hero at all. I consider myself as someone that values freedoms over a paycheck, and today I laid that on the line. Like I said, I'm still employed.

Employed for today...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

if anyone was wondering: Yes, this authoritarian hypocrite Governor, Steve Sisolak, is a Democrat.

edit on 28-5-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

wearing a mask as soon as you are among people prevents you from infecting others in case you have the virus.

##YourNewNormal

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:55 AM
link   

you just like to play devils advocate, I get that, but nope no defending this.

I'm not defending it, I'm just looking closer at the accusation. I'm saying that he probably didn't get word that he was exposed to the virus until Tuesday. But, he should have been wearing a mask regardless of that. Everyone else has to whether or not they know that they have been exposed to the virus. And this Governors' personal story is a good example as to why.

edit on 28-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

So I have to live in a constant state of fear that I may be infected. Even if I got a test, and it said I was negative, that might have changed, so I need to always wear that mask.

It's like a mini-training burqua.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So I have to live in a constant state of fear that I may be infected.

Is that the way you see it, that everyone who wears a mask in public is doing so because they are in a state of fear? Would you prefer to invoke a state of fear in others because of your refusal to wear a mask in public?

We wear masks out of an abundance of caution, and courtesy, because like this Governor, we might not know that we have been exposed, and could be a carrier?

edit on 28-5-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

And no, a piece of cloth on your face, 1 layer or 3, is not an adequate method of viral reduction. Putting cloth on your face and thinking you are safe or will not transmit the virus is like putting up a chain link fence to stop mosquito's, it just doesn't work.

Exactly - masks are nothing but a pacifier for the ignorant

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Apparently he did, as he's still employed??

There is a groundswell building in this country, and others, too, I suppose. Whether it'll amount to more than a sneeze is still up for debate, but I remain hopeful.

...oh, and I've done the same. I won't wear the bloody thing, anymore.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You guys are heroes.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Now listen to this evidence. I'm a scientist cos I've got a white coat, so believe me. I don't know if this has been posted, if so sorry. Proven FACT, if you fart, it goes through your underpants AND through your jeans and you can still smell it. So does anyone thing these bit of materials is going to stop this virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join