It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CE-5 Initiative - New Age Garbage? Or something worthwhile?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
In the past 2 decades, I've been involved in various programs and research relating to the paranormal including extraterrestrials. While I have never personally met Dr. Steven Greer, I have viewed his presentations here and there over the years. Equally, I have discussed this subject with leadership and members of MUFON, SETI, AATIP, and a handful of other organizations, both named and unnamed, who are interested in or actively engaging in work relating to the subject of alien life.

So when I saw a documentary on Amazon this weekend called "Close Encounters of the Fifth Kind: Contact Has Begun," it piqued my interest enough to pony up the $5 to watch it. I wasn't that surprised... Nothing within the documentary was groundbreaking or new, imo. Dr. Greer has always been vocal in his opinion that extraterrestrial life exists on earth and is benevolent. He has been equally vocal with conspiracy charges against the deep state and/or military industrial complex as it relates to alleged alien life. What I did find interesting is that he implied that AATIP, Luis Elizondo, and To The Stars Academy are a propaganda front for this so-called conspiracy... Hmm....

The documentary's purpose, I believe, is to bring awareness of a grass roots campaign to initiate contact through metaphysical means, I think. While I am generally ambivalent to this notion, I do think it is somewhat bad form to accuse other "groups" of being propaganda while your "movement" is charging money to propagate its message... Now, I don't mind the $5 rental fee to watch the video....after all, an organization needs to recoup it's production costs. But if you want to download their "guided app" or read any of their (assumingly self-published) materials, you gotta pay the Ferryman or you don't cross the river.... It could just be ME, but whenever someone tries to make a buck off of a spiritual movement, I consider it pretty suspect.

Thoughts? Opinions? Anyone actually involved in the CE-5 movement here?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CIAGypsy

Are the organizations you mentioned just fronts?
-Most likely.

Is the document just trying to rob some cash?
-Most likely.

Close encounters of the fifth kind in the actual Amazon rainforest.
Absolutely.

My two cents.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I worked with Steven over 20 years ago. I set up transportation and security for him and his team for five days. Picked him up at Frankfurt airport and traveled to Switzerland where he demonstrated a device that turned magnetic waves into electrical current.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I watched it for free online from a link here on ATS.

Glad I didn't pay because by the end, it was revealed to be a big long ad for their app that you have to pay for.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Greer goes live with Jan Harzan tonight to talk about ce5.
In 45 minutes actually.

edit on 27-5-2020 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

$13.99 for a life time of contact bliss?
Can't go wrong my friend.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So, can you telepathically call up an UFO and aliens?

I was intrigued by this movie and always wondered if the stories were true.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

That's what Greer is claiming

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Being in the position I am with MUFON, I look over every case that comes in.
More often than not the submitter mentions thinking about UFOS before seeing one.
90% of those are usually found to be IFOs,
but the remainder seem to carry that theme.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

So you are saying they had a predisposition to assume a UFO and then had a self-fulfilling prophecy? Interesting....

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Interesting, that you create this thread, and for some reason, this other thread popped up in the recent.
weird thread

Not only does the first episode talk about synchronicity, but using occult rituals to contact aliens.

So what is really, going on?

Just promoting another thread?
Or a coincidence, that isn't really a coincidence?

I'm very intrigued.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I don't get the connection? What is Hellier and what does it have to do with Steven Greer and CE-5?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

LOL
I tend to extend the box farther than most people.

You have metaphysical contact with UFO, or IFO's.

You have the lack of communication, again, as presented in the first episode, between the many different investigations of paranormal, creatures, ect. but yet the seemingly similarities, of these types of investigations, that for some reason, many, not all people, don't pic up on. Like they count on us to be dumb.

And then you.

edit on 27-5-2020 by chiefsmom because: clarification

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

And then you.

Why do I get the feeling that this is one of those posts where nothing I say is going to matter? Whatever my response, I would be damned either way.....that's the irony of conspiracy theories.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

LOL
I tend to extend the box farther than most people.

You have metaphysical contact with UFO, or IFO's.

You have the lack of communication, again, as presented in the first episode, between the many different investigations of paranormal, creatures, ect. but yet the seemingly similarities, of these types of investigations, that for some reason, many, not all people, don't pic up on. Like they count on us to be dumb.

And then you.

Oh, be nice. You know they did it all wrong at the end of Hellier trying to contact Pan. Ding dang dong.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

So, you have been involved with some of these people and researched it. What are your findings, if any?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   

In all areas where I have been involved in research, the result has been the same... When it comes to investigating reports of paranormal activity or events, 95% of the cases can be explained by natural phenomena. There are 5% of cases that cannot be explained by conventional science. In many cases, the events are completely subjective experiences so there is no way to evaluate them scientifically as they are not repeatable or measurable. They are simply an individual's experience with no external validation.

However, in what I consider the most important aspects of the research that I have been involved, the purpose was not to prove or disprove the existence of something paranormal. Instead, it was to understand the environment under which such events occur. Can we look at the data of the surrounding environment, especially over a long period of time and possibly find patterns? If it is in regards to people, we study the physiology and psychology of the participants...again, looking for patterns. And, you can't just look at the areas or people where claims are made...because you must have some kind of baseline to compare your results. This means baseline data....places and people who claim no extraordinary experience in the same place or time. Get the picture? The research that I have been involved was not created for entertainment...nor is it public information, in most cases.

Can I tell you that aliens do or do not exist? No.... But I can tell you that I have been directly involved in research that defies my understanding of universal laws. And I say that as someone who went to college for electrical engineering and physics and has done research in areas of theoretical physics, brain-computer interfacing, and AI. I'm no stranger to groundbreaking, unpublished technologies...and yet, I cannot explain some of these things. But am I naive or arrogant enough to say that if I can't explain it, then it is paranormal? Not in the slightest....

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CIAGypsy

In all areas where I have been involved in research, the result has been the same... When it comes to investigating reports of paranormal activity or events, 95% of the cases can be explained by natural phenomena. There are 5% of cases that cannot be explained by conventional science. In many cases, the events are completely subjective experiences so there is no way to evaluate them scientifically as they are not repeatable or measurable. They are simply an individual's experience with no external validation.

However, in what I consider the most important aspects of the research that I have been involved, the purpose was not to prove or disprove the existence of something paranormal. Instead, it was to understand the environment under which such events occur. Can we look at the data of the surrounding environment, especially over a long period of time and possibly find patterns? If it is in regards to people, we study the physiology and psychology of the participants...again, looking for patterns. And, you can't just look at the areas or people where claims are made...because you must have some kind of baseline to compare your results. This means baseline data....places and people who claim no extraordinary experience in the same place or time. Get the picture? The research that I have been involved was not created for entertainment...nor is it public information, in most cases.

Can I tell you that aliens do or do not exist? No.... But I can tell you that I have been directly involved in research that defies my understanding of universal laws. And I say that as someone who went to college for electrical engineering and physics and has done research in areas of theoretical physics, brain-computer interfacing, and AI. I'm no stranger to groundbreaking, unpublished technologies...and yet, I cannot explain some of these things. But am I naive or arrogant enough to say that if I can't explain it, then it is paranormal? Not in the slightest....

I was just asking. There are many question out there that science can't explain. I applaud you for efforts ! Most would denounce it all as environmental and such. I'm just an elevator mechanic with an associates degree in electronics, but I question everything and trust no one. If only we could could hard evidence, which I believe some have but is not being disclosed. I am in the camp of , I believe, but I need more evidence. I frequent places like phys.org... to try to understand.

You asked an honest question. I have no real answers for those, so I pose a question to you. I want to learn more, like you.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I'm just recounting what was in the reports.
Not all of them are like that.
But if you were to go through some you'll see it come up often....even when it was a star or a satellite.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

two things i always post about greer and let people decide for themselves.

800 bucks a head to look a inverted image of a moth.

and then let's all go to france sit in a field and pretend to call up, see, and go inside a invisible space ship that can't be seen on film.
oh and no one can use lasers but steve.

i always say it would have been more believable, if he would of had one of his actors running out across the field and then hear a loud bong and the actor fall down.
edit on 27-5-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join