It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative being built for the George Floyd case

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Yes.

I also realize that the rules are in place for a reason. Your obvious passion is not necessarily a good reason to change them just to make you feel better about things. That may end up damning an other wise innocent person in the next go-round.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee
There are 3 videos.

1x 9 min video of the cop choking him

1x 2 min video of the events that lead up to, when the officer pulled Mr. Floyd out of the car

And another video that no one has seen yet, which I was lucky to see a small 10 second clip of, between Floyd being detained, to the point he is killed, there is a HUGE piece of time in between where Mr. Floyd was brought to the sidewalk while handcuffed, ordered to sit on the floor, and fully complied.

That 3rd video is imperative to build a solid case. Because right now, with the 2 videos that are circulating in public, they're shining a light that Mr. Floyd may have acted sporadically which would've lead credence to the officers claiming self defense.

Video of the 3rd video that isn't gaining much publicity what-so-ever:

twitter.com... %2Fminnesota.cbslocal.com%2F2020%2F05%2F26%2Fgeorge-floyd-man-dies-after-being-arrested-by-minneapolis-police-fbi-called-to-investigate%2F
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

This is from security footage of the business, "Funky Grits".

There is no self defense for kneeling on a mans neck for almost 8 minutes, sorry, that's just not how someone is supposed to be restrained. Add to that the LEO casually had his hands in his pockets while he was chocking the guy out with his knee.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This is a huge wet pipe dream but I really wish everyone would be required to do serious spiritual work in their lives.

I am not talking about paying lip service to some God in the sky but really sitting down with yourself and talking to yourself in a constructive way.

What do I like?
Why do I like it?
Is it healthy or positive for me?
If not what can I do about it?
Who do I hate or dislike and why do I?
Is there something inside of myself that maybe I recognise but deny that they remind me of?
etc etc

I am doing my best at self reflection and in the past 2 years I have finally gotten beyond the point of hating anyone or taking joy in others pain.
I do think that its a basic human state to actually enjoy those two negative things.
Why do you think that children are so cruel?
They like it!

I am not going so far as to mandate (how?) training on introspection and other similar things but I think we have a long way to go as a society of humans.

Then I also think that this earth was made to be terrible and thats how we learn.

So theres that too.

Sorry to ramble . just brought it to mind.

a reply to: American-philosopher

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: one4all

Yes.

I also realize that the rules are in place for a reason. Your obvious passion is not necessarily a good reason to change them just to make you feel better about things. That may end up damning an other wise innocent person in the next go-round.

Sometimes the Dog outgrows the Fence....and you have o re-set basic parameters.

The very existance of The Thin Blue Line which we shall not debate forces us to build a bigger Fence.

Rules now must be changed.There is never an easy nor a comfortable time to do this.Someone is going to have to take one for the Thin Blue Line Team and go down hard and loud to transition us all into a better position to higher ground.

You cannot make an Omlette without breaking a few eggs.

IMHO they all should have been fired. There are legal recourses if they believe its a wrongfull dismissal...then they can be prosecuted without the protection of the Thin Blue Line and Union cohorts....fire them...wash the Depts hands of them disenfranchise The Thin Blue Line....then arrest and charge all of them.

Don't mistake Determination for Passion.

ON that note I do realise its a MOUNTAIN....but every Journey begins with one step.....this is as good a time as any.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join