It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Narrative being built for the George Floyd case

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There are 3 videos.

1x 9 min video of the cop choking him

1x 2 min video of the events that lead up to, when the officer pulled Mr. Floyd out of the car

And another video that no one has seen yet, which I was lucky to see a small 10 second clip of, between Floyd being detained, to the point he is killed, there is a HUGE piece of time in between where Mr. Floyd was brought to the sidewalk while handcuffed, ordered to sit on the floor, and fully complied.

That 3rd video is imperative to build a solid case. Because right now, with the 2 videos that are circulating in public, they're shining a light that Mr. Floyd may have acted sporadically which would've lead credence to the officers claiming self defense.

Video of the 3rd video that isn't gaining much publicity what-so-ever:

twitter.com... %2Fminnesota.cbslocal.com%2F2020%2F05%2F26%2Fgeorge-floyd-man-dies-after-being-arrested-by-minneapolis-police-fbi-called-to-investigate%2F
minnesota.cbslocal.com...

This is from security footage of the business, "Funky Grits".
edit on 27-5-2020 by JoeGee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

So are you saying that we have at the very least manslaughter chrages for the officer?? sorry former officer?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Question I have and maybe I have only seen the one video but there are four officers in question right. Why werent the other 3 officers helping to restrain the man in a more non violent way?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
We can argue whether we can consider it 2nd degree murder or 1st degree manslaughter.

That would be determined with subsequent testimony in court proceedings, tbh

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
Question I have and maybe I have only seen the one video but there are four officers in question right. Why werent the other 3 officers helping to restrain the man in a more non violent way?

Valid point I didn't register.

4 officers involved, none of them could apparently secure the detainee.

Also would like to add, George Floyd was not under arrest but was only being temporarily detained.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why wouldn’t you place the individual as fast as possible in restraints so you could ease up on the choke hold?
edit on 27-5-2020 by neutronflux because: Fixed

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Why wouldn’t you place the individual as fast as possible in restaurants so you could ease up on the choke hold?

Perhaps he wasnt hungry?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

Thank you. It’s corrected.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Because they get off on it, seriously, don't know, other than they must view everyone as less than human.
edit on 27-5-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Why wouldn’t you place the individual as fast as possible in restraints so you could ease up on the choke hold?

Because, he was enjoying himself..he really was

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Because they get off on it, seriously, don't know, other than they must view everyone as less than human.
a reply to: vonclod

sorry to say this but maybe they just view black people as less then human. I am just sick of this happening. This man said the exact same words as Eric garner and suffered the same fate. and again over a non violent crime.

and we have to wait for the body cam footage to come out.Minnestoa PD can build their own narrative.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:45 PM
link   
More< br /> MFD Incident Report: Medics Worked On ‘Unresponsive, Pulseless’ George Floyd After Mpls. Arrest

For the primary offender it should be negligent homicide at the least. The other 3 are spineless followers.
edit on 27-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

I have said it more than one time. The only constitutional law enforcement are the Sheriffs. All others are corporate enforcers. They are all hired by the governments, that are all corporate entities...
edit on 27-5-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

sorry to say this but maybe they just view black people as less then human. I am just sick of this happening. This man said the exact same words as Eric garner and suffered the same fate. and again over a non violent crime.

and we have to wait for the body cam footage to come out.Minnestoa PD can build their own narrative.

No doubt, some of them view blacks as less than, but in general, there is an us vs them attitude

I saw a presser this morn, the mayor is pushing hard for charges, you know, if it was me, or you..we'd be in jail now.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Yeah, the "narrative is being built" all right.

^^^ above in quotes is your narrative.

Despite thousands, THOUSANDS of police interactions per day in this country without any misconduct by police, and often in the face of horrid conduct from criminals they apprehend , when a horrific incident like this occurs, that be as horrible as it may, constitutes a statistical dust mote, what we're to take away from this is

they just view black people as less then human.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Let's not forget that the Minneapolis police force has a history of incidents going now. Is this racism or a bad force all the way around?
edit on 27-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Let's not forget that the Minneapolis police force has a history of incidents going now. Is this racism or a bad force all the way around?

Very fair and rational question.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

Well, this could be racism, and clearly that's the way it's going to get spun, but the shooting of the Australian woman demonstrates that there seem to be some serious quality control problems and/or training issues on that force when you add it in with this incident.

Take both together, and it begins to look like there is some kind of systemic issue there.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't understand how he was cuffed and put on the ground against the wall with no negative actions on his part for a good while. It did seem he was in some pain, so maybe the cuffs were too tight, but who knows. He is then lead across the street to the police car they open the door and it looks like they get him in, but at that point another cop car pulled up and blocked the view, but the cop got out and was very casual about it, not like if there was struggling going on with the two other cops with Floyd.

Then we have him on the ground with a knee against his neck for 7 mins... just doesn't make any sense. Even the other two in Floyd's car got out and the police left them alone, everything was very casual.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
some serious quality control problems and/or training issues on that force when you add it in with this incident.

Take both together, and it begins to look like there is some kind of systemic issue there.

So how much do cops make there (glass door has it at 37k to start 57k average) not good, lets start with that... We have some people that are poor workers at my work and other managers are like lets get rid of them, and I say who are you going to replace them with the wages you offer? I get crickets...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Why is knee to the neck an acceptable means of detaining someone in the first place?

I wrestled when I was younger and I know there are many many ways to detain a person that would never lead to them dieing.

As far as murder charges are concerned I leave it up to the courts. Innocent until proven guilty.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join