It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They" said it couldn't be done...

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"They" said it couldn't be done...and Space X successfully landed a primary rocket booster on a barge.

"They" said it couldn't be done...and Space X successfully landed TWO primary rocket boosters simultaneously on a pad in FL.

"They" said it couldn't be done...and Space X docked a privately funded commercial space vehicle with the ISS.

"They" said it couldn't be done...and Space X developed a Space Suit which costs a fraction of NASA's suits.

"They" said it couldn't be done...and Space X developed a viable commercial space program for a fraction of the cost of NASA.

"They" said it couldn't be done...and today (at 1630L ET) we will watch as Space X returns man to space aboard a US made rocket.

Say what you will about Elon Musk and Space X, but they've sure put a whole lot of "they's" in fear of their jobs!

What will "they" say about Space X...tomorrow?

God's Speed, Space X and Dragon!

You've got a whole lot of people rooting for you!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I'm watching live.

What's impressive to me apart from everything you've listed is the amount of safety measures that have been set up.

I don't recall NASA having many Plan B's.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Amen to that!

Here's to the de-militarization of space.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They have been saying “it can’t be done” for a very long time.

“They” have been proven wrong many, many times.

Back in the mid-90’s, I threw in with a bunch of amateur rocketeers experimenting with high-powered “hobby” rockets. These were NOT your drugstore Estes launch-from-the-neighborhood-park type rockets, these were lift a full-size, fully loaded refrigerator 200 FT straight up, RATO-like experimental monsters.

The lot of us came up with the idea to see who could build a rocket capable of breaking the 62 mile boundary that was the accepted definition of “space”.

“They” said it couldn’t be done. And my group’s biggest hindrance turned out to be the FAA/AST not having any procedures in place to authorize our launch without possibly starting a war.

It took until 2004, but an amateur group (One of our competitors) finally broke that 62 mile barrier.

So, when they say it can’t be done, Go Do It!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   
So excited but am I the only one that's a wreck right now?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Back in the mid-90’s, I threw in with a bunch of amateur rocketeers experimenting with high-powered “hobby” rockets. These were NOT your drugstore Estes launch-from-the-neighborhood-park type rockets, these were lift a full-size, fully loaded refrigerator 200 FT straight up, RATO-like experimental monsters.

The lot of us came up with the idea to see who could build a rocket capable of breaking the 62 mile boundary that was the accepted definition of “space”.

“They” said it couldn’t be done. And my group’s biggest hindrance turned out to be the FAA/AST not having any procedures in place to authorize our launch without possibly starting a war.

It took until 2004, but an amateur group (One of our competitors) finally broke that 62 mile barrier.

Always wanted to play with the big rockets, but never had time or money.

Sorry your group did not get it first, just think of what you were able to do.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Ummm...amen brother...I'm a huge fan of Elon Musk and SpaceEx…

Here's to a perfectly nominal flight..

YouSir

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Mother nature reminder....

"I rule all".

Better luck next time.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

Until someone finally decides to do something to combat that pesky weather annoyance.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

Always wanted to play with the big rockets, but never had time or money.

Sorry your group did not get it first, just think of what you were able to do.

It was a great experience!

There is nothing like the feeling you get when you’re doing something that you know no one has ever done before; doesn’t matter if you succeed or fail in the end, you’ll always be the first to have gotten as far as anyone has ever gone before.

Besides,

Moses never made it to the Promised Land, either!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I'm rooting for them for sure.

A few hundred years from now elon will be thought of the same way karl benz is thought of today.

www.thoughtco.com...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   

they also said not today mate maybe saturday due to bad weather

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:42 AM
link   

who is " they " ?????

these lists always seem to involve a massive cherry picking operation

that blatantly ignores all those that were supportive - and more important - attempting the same thing

top topics

join