It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Threatens "Big Action" Against Twitter After 'Fact-Check', Political Bias Exposed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Even if that were the case, America has a long tradition of letting people lie to influence elections. Does no one remember the Swift Boat attacks against Kerry?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: chr0naut

a reply to: Snarl

I really don't want some media conglomerate deciding what is truth.

Twitter should take down every post with feminist propaganda about the male patriarchy and the fictional pay gap between the sexes.

We know that won't happen so let's just keep them out of the fact check business.

I would want anyone in high political office (regardless of affiliation) to tell the truth. I don't actually care who fact checks, as long as it is the truth and well verified.

Over the last couple years trump has tweeted about how good the economy was doing...

Would that be truth?
Who decides?

I'll pass on a media giant making that decision.

National debt > GDP = government living beyond its means.
Private debt > national debt = whole country living beyond its means.

The US economy has been tanking for three years, despite a few indicators looking OK. Those indicators were bought on credit, a debt that can never be serviced because the country isn't earning enough to pay for it.

If the national debt is your main indicator then the economy has bren tanking for a decade.

The point is that truth is not always a yes or no answer.

The issue is not the national debt, but that the debt is greater than the capability to repay it.

This first occurred while Obama was in office, but they reigned it in (briefly). However, it has exceeded GDP for the last three years.

I don't blame either Trump or Obama. Presidents have little direct control over the economy.

Trump's suggestion that he had something to do with those economic indicators being good just shows the need to fact check on what he says.

edit on 27/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Trump is crazier than 9 barrels of rat chit.

edit on 2020-04-03 by skybandit because: the real word for excrement cant be used here, it is censored.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The biggest danger of twitter and FB imo is bots.
You can already see them pushing communist, authoritarian ideals.
They try and make it look like "everyone is doing it!"

Not a bad idea when used for good purposes like freedom, success and independence.
They are not doing that. They have chosen to rip a free society apart, spread fear and pit everyone against each other.
Hate your family, hate your race, hate your religion, but don't be a bully and stand up for it.

Burn it all down.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Trump and his supporters cheering on private business regulations.

More regulations now!
More regulations now!
More regulations now!

After all the constitution requires that a private business must allow the potus to do and say whatever he wants while using their property.

End private business now!

This is what a take over of the nwo really looks like.
In the nwo no one will be allowed to make the rules at their own business. No one.

How long before they start telling us what rules we can make in our own homes?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I think all the pressure is getting to trump and he's finally showing who he truly is.

Unfortunately all this makes him look like an authoritarian to many people.

And the crying about twitter posts imo makes him look weak.

Getting that upset and emotional over what happens on twitter would get you made fun off and maybe even punched in my group of friends.
What the hell is he thinking?

I was 50/50 on him wining. I'm now 40/60.

Breaking up a monopoly is fine but threatening to use the power of the government to shut down an american citizens private business is un-american.
That's someones lively hood.

If I owned twitter I would challenge the potus to an actually fist fight over this.

In a free market you don't threatening people because you don't like how they run their business. You ether go to another business that does things the way you agree with or you create your own.

Trump would rather cry on t.v. rather than just use his millions to start his own social media company.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
He's literally saying he's gonna end free speech in order to protect free speech.
Baby idiot...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
The biggest danger of twitter and FB imo is bots.
You can already see them pushing communist, authoritarian ideals.
They try and make it look like "everyone is doing it!"

Not a bad idea when used for good purposes like freedom, success and independence.
They are not doing that. They have chosen to rip a free society apart, spread fear and pit everyone against each other.
Hate your family, hate your race, hate your religion, but don't be a bully and stand up for it.

Burn it all down.

Damn the torpedos.! We're in!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sookiechacha

ATS doesn’t ban based on ideology so your comparison sucks.

ATS bans people who personally attack other members, complain about the Mods and the T&Cs, promote hoaxes and violate political trolling rules, among others. Trump wouldn't last a week here on ATS before being banned.

You mean hoaxes like he and his campaign were spied on in 2016? Whoops, that turned out to be fact, but to the liberals, then and now, it's still a hoax. Truth over facts right?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
In context, because a lot of folk don't get it....

Twitter is the same as ATS, in that it is a user generated content site.

You break the rules on ATS, you get warnings or post removals. You carry on, you get banned.

BIG DIFFERENCE, between Twitter and ATS... everything you said is null and void.

Twitter is run by Democratic donors and activists, ATS is NOT.

Twitter shadow-bans Republicans, while giving Democrats unrestricted voice, ATS does NOT.

Twitter is involved in political censorship, ATS is NOT.

Twitter influences Congress and federal agencies on behalf of Democrats through PAC/Soros contributions. ATS does NOT.

Twitter pushes FAKE NEWS... ATS does NOT.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

I Just heard a clip of Democratic senator Mark Warner bashing the ceo of Twitter in 2018 during a hearing. It seems that Democrats and Republicans are angry at Twitter.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The FCC merely needs to Enforce the Existing Regulations, no New Laws need be passed . If these technofifthcolumnists want to Censor Anyone or Enforce their Opinion then they should be Considered a Publisher and Deserve No Protection under the Law . if anything , the DOJ should be Suing them or Breaking them Up as a Serious National Security Risk ..........

edit on 27-5-2020 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Sookiechacha

ATS doesn’t ban based on ideology so your comparison sucks.

ATS bans people who personally attack other members, complain about the Mods and the T&Cs, promote hoaxes and violate political trolling rules, among others. Trump wouldn't last a week here on ATS before being banned.

You mean hoaxes like he and his campaign were spied on in 2016? Whoops, that turned out to be fact, but to the liberals, then and now, it's still a hoax. Truth over facts right?

Show me THAT in the ATS HOAX bin.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

How are they a utility or a monopoly?

At this point It doesn't matter...
Twitter, Youtube, Google etc. is interfering with the 2020 elections via FAKE NEWS.

Big executive order coming from President Trump tomorrow.

twitter.com...

And

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
Considered a Publisher and Deserve No Protection under the Law.
Break them Up as a Serious National Security Risk.

I want them to have to fight a Gladiator in the Arena every time they do or say something I don't agree with.

But, you're right.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

How is social media censoring Donald Trump when we can still hear him whining and lying?

Well you can certainly be happy they aren't censoring you, because we can all hear you whining and lying.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: briantaylor
He's literally saying he's gonna end free speech in order to protect free speech.
Baby idiot...

Trump isn't the only one coming after free speech. Check out these guys.
link

Pretty creepy times.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Twitter says these kind of lies are okay, because they damage President Trump supporters.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'm a conservative Trump supporter. That said, if people feel like a social media platform is censoring them..they can just quit using their services. The government poking their nose where it doesn't belong and this is one of those places.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Make America China to own the libs.

I’m seriously laughing at how this whole time it was the Republicans who ended up doing all the things they spent years accusing the left of. And even funnier is all the people who now march right along with it.

I mean funny in a “end of the world who cares kind of way.” Because to see people in this country unquestionably backing something like this is terrifying.
edit on 27-5-2020 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join