It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The police chief of Minneapolis says many of the most violent protesters are not from the area. I think we all know what that means.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Excessive force is a crime.. The danger was negated after he was cuffed..

This right here! Spot on.

Disappointed anyone would think this was justifiable!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The police chief of Minneapolis says many of the most violent protesters are not from the area. I think we all know what that means.

twitter.com...

It would not surprise me, professional protesters are a thing now, happens here too.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Horrible Woman.

George Floyd's death in police custody is renewing criticism of Sen. Amy Klobuchar's (D-Minn.) prosecutorial record.

Before she became a senator and a top contender for former Vice President Joe Biden's vice presidential spot, Klobuchar spent eight years as the Hennepin County attorney, in charge of prosecution for Minneapolis. And while in that position, Klobuchar declined to prosecute multiple police officers cited for excessive force, including the officer who kneeled on Floyd's neck as he protested.

www.wnd.com...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Horrible Woman.

George Floyd's death in police custody is renewing criticism of Sen. Amy Klobuchar's (D-Minn.) prosecutorial record.

Before she became a senator and a top contender for former Vice President Joe Biden's vice presidential spot, Klobuchar spent eight years as the Hennepin County attorney, in charge of prosecution for Minneapolis. And while in that position, Klobuchar declined to prosecute multiple police officers cited for excessive force, including the officer who kneeled on Floyd's neck as he protested.

www.wnd.com...

I don't really want to bring politics into it, she may be horrible, but, in fairness, a DA will decide if a case is winnable, and press forward if so.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there is bias, also, a financial incentive not to charge(lawsuits) Also, at the end of the day, the police investigate the police, so, not surprising they would offer a lacklustre, or downright dishonest case involving one of their own.

Often, was it caught on camera? is what gets a thing going.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
riots in Louisville, Kentucky aswell over the death of Breonna Taylor, who was shot by police by mistake

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, what do you know...

President Obama agrees with President Trump. The looters are criminals and thugs!

twitter.com...

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds like Minneapolis employed the same coroner who performed the autopsy on Jeffrey Epstein.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:15 AM
link   

He brings up an interesting analogy: Law enforcement has systemically shown that they don't care about the (implicit) "contract" between them and the (black/minority) people, so the rioters are thus not honouring the "contract" either.

I mean, obviously, I doubt the rioters explicitly thought it out like that, but it is an interesting perspective.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

i don't think it really has to be thought out, you know?
the rioters know that they're not being protected or served the way we're led to expect from the way the world talks about itself [the way cops are portrayed on fictional tv shows for example].
that dissatisfaction is present in everyone's lives, it doesn't take much drilling down or deep thought to get at.

Although a large number of protesters may be unable to articulate it clearly - which is why there are all sorts of extreme slogans being thrown around. Giving vent to their frustration with the only voice they can find.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

Well Trevor Noah is a rich South African media snob.

He's never struggled a day in his life and his perspective is garbage.

There is no justice here. There can't be justice when livelihoods are deliberately destroyed.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join