It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Floyd's death sparks massive protests in Minneapolis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeGee

Riots aren't protests.

I believe that those cops need to be fire/prosecuted protesting for justice in this case is fine.

Rioting in this case is just another reason to loot and be criminals.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
That’s a good reminder that every law, no matter how small, can end with the state killing you for disobeying.

Nailed it!!

Here's the funny on this case: All the videos that showed the encounter prior to the horror ... that show the perp resisting ... are being 404d. Probably why none of the Innocent Bystanders didn't physically intervene.

Need to get rid of all the crappy regulations and laws, bring back the Arena, and give the shiffless a reason to mind their manners when they're around 'society'.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

If. You were a cop and the person you are arresting has a history of being a POS or was acting violently when you tried to arrest him and he said he couldn’t breath....do you believe him?

Believe him or not, what I don’t do is leave my knee on his neck for the better part of ten minutes after he’s secured in cuffs. Passive resistance does not beget response techniques used against aggressive resisters. Absolutely limp with zero resistance at all doesn’t beget the continued use of the same techniques.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: camain

Bystanders warning to the “policeman” ( great word isn’t it) “You are killing him”
He did kill him
Murder

I bet he gets a light, nothing sentence
Riot, if they don’t burn the town down then society got off lightly
It seems nobody cares, worse, people, the public act like the cops

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
The protests and riots should have waited for how the cops were handled after this death. However, I understand that when a police force has a motto like "To protect and Serve" or other similar mission statements, but act like their motto is "To Prey upon and Incarcerate" I can understand how something like this case can be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

There are police officers that are known and liked by the community they serve, they properly represent the force and have earned the respect of the public. Other cops use fear and brute force to demand personal respect while shaming the reputation of all law enforcement. Bad cops wear tarnished badges and that should piss off the local police force as much as the public.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Do you see this behaviour in other "civilised" countries as often as America, forget what race the victim was, your police force shows again they are willing to murder suspects, judge, jury and executioner, absolutely despicable

Honestly your country makes uncivilised nations look good

Every officer involved should serve jail time for this

We are uncivilized. Mainly in black communities. 47 shot and killed in Chicago this month but not by police. Mostly black on black violence. Those cases never make the news though. They also don't riot for the black on black violence. What they like to do is attack the funeral procession of the rival gang.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

As a die hard supporter of 2nd amendment rights i have to say that just like owning an AR 15 does not need a reason, neither does choosing to use free speech.

It does not matter why they chose to protest or if you think their reason valid. The simple fact that they chose to is good enough reason to support them.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Throwing bricks at police cars is not protesting. Some are protesting peacefully but the ones committing crimes need to be tazed and arrested. The police involved have been fired. The FBI is involved. The witholding of the video prior to his takedown is also not helping the situation at all. It would show the incline got steep due to flagrant disregard for the rule of law. Once that happens something more often than not awful is going to happen.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

What's the point here? Is there even any opposition to these cops being arrested? This is one of the very few times almost everyone is on the same page. I agree with the cops being arrested and given the highest penalty available, but I think it's a total and complete idiotic overreaction to see people rioting and protesting. This seems to be more like the excuse they needed to get out and be destructive.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

You should change your screenname to 'Whataboutism' since constantly post them.

Either that or you can't process two separate issues at the same time.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeGee

originally posted by: Fisherr
Riots are a excuse/opportunity to "LOOT FREE SHIZ"

It's why they start 90% of the time for cover.

So are you saying there's no reason to protest other than to get free shiz?

Did he say "protest"? I saw riot when I read that.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
just saw some updates about this on twitter and thought i'd check out if anyone here is talking about it, it seems unbelievably wild out there right now.
Reading reports of molotovs and people holed up defending liquor stores and even a paramilitary group with aks joining the protestors??

i have no idea how much of it is true but it seems like it's only just getting started...

Always the damn liquor stores...

Word to the wise, if you live in a big city or move to one, do NOT open up a liquor store.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Nonsense. People have been waiting for decades and the same racist nonsense keeps happening. White women are still crying "assault" in the hopes of getting black men shot by cops and the cops are still standing around doing nothing while their worst are murdering black men for fun.

Where are the mythical "good cops?" If there were any good cops left we would have video evidence of them stopping bad cops from killing people for fun.

If there was ever an industry that needs to start over from the ground up, it's the police.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

None of what you said makes any sense. You're acting like white people are running around looking for reasons to kill blacks. That couldn't be further from the truth, this isn't 1930 although democrats haven't changed much since then.

There are 800,000 cops in America, and we get one or two unjustified deaths a year. Meanwhile, we lose cops all the time and it hardly ever makes the news. We've lost 33 to gunfire so far this year, 147 last year, and not a single article about it.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
Do you see this behaviour in other "civilised" countries as often as America, forget what race the victim was, your police force shows again they are willing to murder suspects, judge, jury and executioner, absolutely despicable

Honestly your country makes uncivilised nations look good

Every officer involved should serve jail time for this

We are uncivilized. Mainly in black communities. 47 shot and killed in Chicago this month but not by police. Mostly black on black violence. Those cases never make the news though. They also don't riot for the black on black violence. What they like to do is attack the funeral procession of the rival gang.

This is why I can't take any of these protests serious. The black community doesn't keep that same energy when it comes to the day to day violence in urban communities which is a far bigger problem.

To be sure, situations like this are tragic, but hardly the norm.

I

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What is there to process. A white police officer used brutal force against a black man fighting and resisting arrest. He was black so black people become outraged and infuriated. If it's black on black violence and gun violence they do not care. Only when it's a white police officer.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

He was black so black people become outraged and infuriated.

I'm not black, I'm a wonderful Mediterranean-complexed person, and I'm outraged and infuriated.

If it's black on black violence and gun violence they do not care.

How do you know? Did you ask all of them? What does that have to do with the situation at hand? Reeeeeeeee.

Hit me with another whataboutism.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Why has this thread derailed into rioting?

Did you guys watch the video?

They are peacefully protesting.

What am I missing here?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you more outraged by this incident or the daily black on black murders committed with guns everyday in US cities which is out of control. Over 40 people dead in Chicago alone this month.

Personally, I'm way more outraged by black on black violence since a lot more people are dying. These officers will be brought to justice. The black on black violence though never ends.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Are you more outraged by this incident or the daily black on black murders committed with guns everyday in US cities which is out of control. Over 40 people dead in Chicago alone this month.

I'm not happy with either, but I have a fully functional, non-whataboutism, adult brain that can process these two separate issues independently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join