It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was just thinking.. cause sometimes Im struck by things.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I look out the window and my husband is in the trampoline playing with our grandkids ( 3 and almost 2). I was just struck by it.. it was such a beautiful thing.... but also curious to me.

This man is a huge gnarly former Marine combat vet. He's a killer thats killed both close up and far away. Hes seen bad stuff and done bad stuff. He's dangerous. Yet here he is playing so gently with the 3 yr old grandson and the premie almost 2 yr old thats as tiny as a doll ( but walks and is a teeny menace.. like an evil little fairy). It reminded me in the other thread I responded to.. everyone always thought he looked like a huge Chris Cornell. Its just so strange. Hes got his shirt off and shorts on.. the physical scars are there, I can see them from the house window and they arent subtle. I cant detect anything else outward in any behavior or reaction that would point to what all is there in him. The little one puts her head on his chest... thats the most badly scarred spot and pretty terrible looking. To her, its just grandpa that she loves. The kids grab and play and touch the scars.. BUt the kids dont seem to notice them like other people do... he doesnt seem to be a killer to them.

What strange things we humans are capable of, you know?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I think we have your answer right here.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well...speaking of being "struck by things"...Your OP 'struck me' as a lovely 'visual' -

- a testament to the beautiful complexity of human beings..

We are not merely the sum total of all we have seen and done...the measurement that counts most, is how much capacity for love our hearts contain.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It is amazing how those moments will stick with you, too.

30 years later, I still remember my big, scary, gruff step father, holding my 6 month old son on his lap, giving him a "taste" of apple cider. Because "He just told me he wanted a taste"

Unfortunately I lost the step dad soon after that.
I'm very grateful for the memory though. Such a "hard" man, I thought, growing up.
Turned into putty over a grandchild.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:47 PM
link   

That was a really beautiful reflection.
The love you feel for your husband is very obvious.

I used to look at my late wife's scars from her double mastectomy from BC.
In them...I saw, not what she felt was ugliness,...but the strongest person I've ever known.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

That was a really beautiful reflection.
The love you feel for your husband is very obvious.

I used to look at my late wife's scars from her double mastectomy from BC.
In them...I saw, not what she felt was ugliness,...but the strongest person I've ever known.

Oh yeah, I definitely love him. I also consider him one of the most amazing people Ive ever met.

Sounds as if your wife was pretty lucky to have you, too

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
It is amazing how those moments will stick with you, too.

30 years later, I still remember my big, scary, gruff step father, holding my 6 month old son on his lap, giving him a "taste" of apple cider. Because "He just told me he wanted a taste"

Unfortunately I lost the step dad soon after that.
I'm very grateful for the memory though. Such a "hard" man, I thought, growing up.
Turned into putty over a grandchild.

We humans are pretty interesting critters, for sure!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What a great person he is and a beautiful vision you observed.

I love kids because they see the inner beauty of a person; they don't care about the outer physical "beauty". My grandma had a dark purple birthmark that covered one whole side of her face. I thought she was so pretty and stunning; however she covered that birthmark with makeup whenever she left the house. I wished she would just go without all that makeup.

I truly thank your Husband for all he has done for us.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Reminds me of one of my favourite moves "The Professional" where a hitman has to look after a little girl and she becomes his apprentice.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Thank him for his service, and yeah , the biggest, baddest dude will bow down to a precious child because that is what a real man does. That is what he was made for, for he created that child. Or his child created that one. Any child is precious. That child may one day, take care of them.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I don't like professional murderers that much. I think they're bad people. Even when they are doing the right thing.

How many "beautiful" memories has your husband robbed from people and families? Just because some war mongers sent him to do so because they felt it was right.

Sorry toots you'll get no love from me for your husband or those that benefit from his murderous actions.

If you can go into somebodies home country and murder them you're a POS and there's really no excuse or justification. There's always a better way.

Your husband doesn't deserve to experience the joy of his grandchildren after having ruined the joy of so many others undoubtedly.

At least you do understand that he is a dangerous murderer that could turn on you if the circumstances were right, and his mind told him it was justified like murdering others in his career. That's scary dude.

edit on 27-5-2020 by hombero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Some people live a ridiculously sheltered life and have absolutely no clue about how the real world works. These are the types that benefit most from nanny-state conditions.

Okay, now that THAT is out of the way...

Advantage, what a lovely observation.

The human spirit is fascinating. Much like a hammer--which can be used to break a window and steal another person's things, or it can be used to build a house, fix a neighbor's fence, or knock together a trampoline for the grandkids.

Our ability to choose to conduct ourselves in a reasonable manner is a high power that benefits everyone. Sadly, sometimes violence in kind is the reasonable action, and it affects lives on both sides.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

My Dad was a former drill sergeant

To this day I've never met a kinder gentle soul.
When I was a little girl we would bird watch, and discuss art.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
I don't like professional murderers that much. I think they're bad people. Even when they are doing the right thing.

How many "beautiful" memories has your husband robbed from people and families? Just because some war mongers sent him to do so because they felt it was right.

Sorry toots you'll get no love from me for your husband or those that benefit from his murderous actions.

If you can go into somebodies home country and murder them you're a POS and there's really no excuse or justification. There's always a better way.

Your husband doesn't deserve to experience the joy of his grandchildren after having ruined the joy of so many others undoubtedly.

At least you do understand that he is a dangerous murderer that could turn on you if the circumstances were right, and his mind told him it was justified like murdering others in his career. That's scary dude.

Dont call me Toots.

Youre entitled to your opinion and luckily someone sacrificed so that you are free to express it. Its good that I dont care about the opinions of the sheep.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I am a crusty, aged, crippled old man.

But when my father was alive, I never saw an older man, crippled himself.

I saw a hero, a wise man, a role model, a great person.

Your thread made me smile, then sad because now I miss my dad even more now.

But cheers.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Sometimes you have to do (or be able to do) very bad things to very bad people for very good reasons. And sometimes you may be required to make a decision against even those that you love for the benefit of strangers, or risk your safety for others that will never really know what was done.

Very few would active seek such things, most have them thrust upon them. Others...they are either fortunate enough to have never been in that position, unwittingly declined or submitted to cowardice and willfully committed harm to others by inaction.

new topics

top topics

join