It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter has Dinged some Trump Tweets -- Twitter is Officially a Democrat Mouthpiece

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Meniscus
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow tell me more...

Wow, you kept posting the same thing over and over in which you apparently didn't understand basic civics.

I have nothing more to tell you bud. You just keep demonstrating your political genius.

But I have so much to learn...
edit on 26-5-2020 by Meniscus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInsite
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Twitter have rules? And if Trump is breaking those rules, well, that's his problem. Unless you sheep think Trump shouldn't have to follow the rules the rest of us have to? In that case, kiss the man's ring.

Trumpists don't think the rules apply to King Trump because rules are a liberal conspiracy against King Trump.

And so are laws.

Or something.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, Trump could utilize an Executive Order, however he has drafted one, it never materialized.

This is a bi partisan issue as well, Trump may not need to do anything other then bring up the issue.

How could he "utilize" an Executive Order to change American law.

Again, don't be coy, just say it outright. Probably make you feel GUD ... Trump can change the law with his pen.

Many parts of the Communications Defense Act have been struck down as unconstitutional. What remains, mostly in Section 230, is roundly considered to be a protector of free speech on the internet; I'm not surprised that you see it opposite.

Anyway, here' the actual law under discussion: 47 US CODE §  230

Here's the juice:

(2)Civil liability
No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be held liable on account of—

(A)any action voluntarily taken in good faith to restrict access to or availability of material that the provider or user considers to be obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable, whether or not such material is constitutionally protected; or

(B)any action taken to enable or make available to information content providers or others the technical means to restrict access to material described in paragraph (1).[1]

So what will Trump repeal with his magic pen?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So amusing to see so many run to defend censorship.

Even if it's a private company.

I am lol'ing at all of you.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

It would be fantastic if Trump deleted his Twitter account in protest!

Then Trump would hold a MAGA rally at the National Mall and incite his wannabe militia, alt-right, Q-following, very-fine people base to "liberate" Twitter and hang an "effigy" of ol' Jack.

In prep for the election, that is...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Okay, wait wait a minute.

You're in favor of the government dictating to Twitter what they can do with their own business?

No censorship is bad, but state-control of business is good?

Nitenite.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

You're in favor of the government dictating to Twitter what they can do with their own business?

Nitenite.

If you're going to put words in my mouth, then let me give you my password so you can just post with my avatar.

It'll be easier that way.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'd rather have a UNbiased social platform, than a mob ruled social platform...

I'd also like to have trumps tweets archived on a platform for historical records, as I don't think many generations later will believe this insanity, that time we had a real kid as a president.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   
twitters measures to embed fake news warnings within Trump tweets will not be respected by normal people with morals and ethics until twitter embeds same comments into every blue check mark that even slightly insinuated Trump colluded with Russia to take the crowning glory from old dodgy.

When twitter exercises morals and ethics in keeping with social expectations for fairness, I'll start to take them, and their cheerleaders seriously.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well, when the Speaker of the House gets away with vandalizing archival records....why let not some fly by night company be able to alter presidential records too. Library of Congress doesn’t mean much anymore anyway.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong
a reply to: xuenchen

Feel free to start your own communications company that lets any uncencored bull# out to the public.

Nothing stopping you.

And you dont even have to tweet at all if you dont agree with they community guidelines.
People who spew this nonsense don't have a clue what it takes to start one.

Read the story of GAB, read how they were being harrassed and stonewalled within the digital domains.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
I'd rather have a UNbiased social platform, than a mob ruled social platform...

I'd also like to have trumps tweets archived on a platform for historical records, as I don't think many generations later will believe this insanity, that time we had a real kid as a president.

Sorry but I prefer the "real kid" over the usual characters every time.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Nitenite.

If you're going to put words in my mouth, then let me give you my password so you can just post with my avatar.

You've noticed the running theme of these particular discussions?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Because being controlled by either party is ok right?

I say, we act like real americans, and highlight the BS...

This 2 party system, is just one in the same, pitting the american people on itself.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

when the Speaker of the House gets away with vandalizing archival records....why let not some fly by night company being able to alter presidential records too.

Pretty sure the president has deleted his own tweets—you know, presidential records—from time to time, when he's caught making a stupid grammatical, spelling, or factual mistake, because he's too enraged or idiotic to proofread or know any better...

Since we're talking about altering or destroying presidential records....

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I see the nazi's are burning books again.

Or is communist?

IDK but sure isn't American as guaranteed by the first amendment.

Remember Wilhelm Reich!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Ahabstar

when the Speaker of the House gets away with vandalizing archival records....why let not some fly by night company being able to alter presidential records too.

Pretty sure the president has deleted his own tweets—you know, presidential records—from time to time, when he's caught making a stupid grammatical, spelling, or factual mistake, because he's too enraged or idiotic to proofread or know any better...

Since we're talking about altering or destroying presidential records....
Really?

Well for starters, it's all recorded, so the POTUS can delete his own tweets, regardless, everything is a matter of record, but DUH! You knew that? Hmmm?

Ironically, the ones lambasting him come off as enraged and idiotic.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Nitenite.

Yeah, I didn't think you'd stand up for your words.

What you're calling censorship is an American company protecting it's service model.

What you're calling for is for the American government to impose regulations on an American company so your favorite President can lie.

Can't back it up? Don't say it.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Nitenite.

You've noticed the running theme of these particular discussions?

What I've noticed is several members who, like the President you all idolize, think you can say one thing and then deny you said it in the next post.

What I've noticed are posts like yours where your bluster gets away from you and you say crap you know you can't back up.

LIke claiming that Trump can change law by EO.

Big talkers that can't stand by their big talk.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Spelling

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Well for starters, it's all recorded, so the POTUS can delete his own tweets, regardless, everything is a matter of record, but DUH! You knew that? Hmmm?

Same with Pelosi then, huh? DUH!

But you knew that too then, right? Hmmm.

Nice interjection to make yourself look the fool when I wasn't even responding to you.

Thanks for playing, chief.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join