It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New CDC report shows much lower death rate than we are led to believe.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The CDC's current "best guess" is that — in a scenario without any further social distancing or other efforts to control the spread of the virus — roughly 4 million patients would be hospitalized in the U.S. with COVID-19 and 500,000 would die over the course of the pandemic. That's according to the agency's new parameters that the Center for Public Integrity plugged into a simple epidemiological model.

From the NPR article linked above at npr .org.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
FYI

World leaders are taking hydroxychloroquine to minimize the chances of Contracting covid-19.

twitter.com...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

well here in Australia a 30 yr old bloke died and unfortunately for him he was suffering other illnesses but he died and all our talking heads are straight up saying he died from covid 29
the bloke was already sick and he lived a hundred miles west of # all and nowhere ie isolated community
# our cockatiel died from heatstroke but i reckon it was Corona virus

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: texas thinker
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's been a long day, perhaps my math skills are rusty.

If I divide deaths number by total cases confirmed number I get 0.06 percent.
Can that be right?

I'm not a mathematician nor an epidemiologist.

The issue is in the assumptions. They take the number of deaths and divide that by their estimate of the "total infected" which is further a somewhat wild number.

98,261 (deaths) divided by 1,662,414 (cases) = 0.059 =5.9%

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

Could this have been handled any worse through sheer stupidity and not deliberate mishandling? An economic disaster over a serious but hardly calamitous epidemic with our leaders and top scientists working in unison to screw over the country and harm its people. For what end? A trial run for martial law? We should be ripping of four masks picking up torches and pitchforks and opening up prisons for our leaders and those who supported their efforts in the media and in scientific and business circles. And times the number of cases by 10( an extremely conservative estimate, times it by 50 would be approaching the ball park figure) and the death rate falls below 1%. Considerably less than 1% with all the unconfirmed cases.
edit on 28-5-2020 by Dutchowl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

100÷6725 = .0149

My rate% estimate was .0137
That's how close it was.
Because of the golden ratio and fine structure constant!!!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: FISTlCUFF

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Can that be right?

I'm not a mathematician nor an epidemiologist.

The issue is in the assumptions. They take the number of deaths and divide that by their estimate of the "total infected" which is further a somewhat wild number.

98,261 (deaths) divided by 1,662,414 (cases) = 0.059 =5.9%

I did 100÷1662414 = A
Then A x 98261 = 5.9

That's not the actual rate though because the stats aren't accurate and most cases are never counted.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Can that be right?

No. you do get .06 but that is equal to 6% not .06%

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
So, in other words, as more data becomes available, the CDC is updating their information.

What a scandal.

Imagine a government agency with the nerve to correct itself as more information becomes available.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

It's not politics, and I didn't say every inch of liberty I said even an inch.

Life has risks. My emotional feelings toward death is irrelevant, nothing supersedes individual liberty.

Viruses are a force of nature. It isn't going anywhere soon. Was proud to see so many Americans ingoring the flapping heads "two weeks away!!! Ahhh, two weeks away now"

Severely overblown.

Do people whine and moan about the flu? Cancer? Heart attack? Car accidents? Way more people die from those things and you barely hear a peep. Sure, they suck no doubt about it. But this scamdemic is overblown and manipulated for political ends.

This, times 1000.

If we responded, as a nation, to the seasonal flu in the same fashion, we would be on lockdown every single flu season.

However, we do not.

There is a reason (and I am not fully sure as to what it is) that TPTB chose this virus to absolutely cripple the economy and assert control over the populace. I have my theories, but am not convinced in my own mind that those theories are correct.

Whatever the case, this was nothing short of a control experiment, and it worked in every way.

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
more lies from WHO

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
538180 population, 37 deaths in my county. .006 death rate, by my estimates. Why was I forced to close my business again?

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejaybird

There is a reason (and I am not fully sure as to what it is) that TPTB chose this virus to absolutely cripple the economy and assert control over the populace. I have my theories, but am not convinced in my own mind that those theories are correct.

I'd be interested in your theories, even if you're not too sure of them yourself.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is all very confusing.

For every source or expert that claims it's lower you can find another source or expert that says it's higher.

Based on everything I've read and heard, I'd lean toward higher.

But who knows.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yes, saw that too and have seen other very damning statistics about pneumonia counts that would lead one to believe COVID-19 deaths are being severely under counted.

The truth is, there is more we don't than we know about this virus right now. Things are still in the chaotic respond and discover phase.

More truth will come out as time goes by, I hope. Meanwhile, we just need to be vigilant, not play with peoples' lives by assuming things that may or may not be true or proven, and make our own decisions based on what we wee emerging, both in the scientific and factual realm and in the political realm.

posted on May, 30 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GravitySucks

Right, which means status quo wins.

As is always your option, you can wear PPE if you want. You can hunker down in your home or other shelter should you choose.

Most of us will choose not to do that and live with the consequences (if there are any).

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
CDC credibility and math aside, how reliable is the base data when hospitals are paid $13-39k per COVID19 patient?

There have been too many "rumors" about hospitals being told by their administrators to code the death as COVID19 for there not to be some truth to them.

China probably under reports, the US may over report. The truth is somewhere in-between.

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Reporters who tell the truth about Covid-19, like this one from ABC News, get ignored by the majority of their colleagues and the medical community.

Yet according to ABC News, states that lifted the lockdowns early did not experience a surge in coronavirus hospitalizations, deaths, or the percentage of people testing positive.

“JUST IN: [ABC News] looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH] via [Ariel Mitropoulos],” ABC News lead medical reporter Eric Strauss tweeted.
Source: pjmedia.com...

posted on May, 31 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Reporters who tell the truth about Covid-19, like this one from ABC News, get ignored by the majority of their colleagues and the medical community.

Yet according to ABC News, states that lifted the lockdowns early did not experience a surge in coronavirus hospitalizations, deaths, or the percentage of people testing positive.

“JUST IN: [ABC News] looked at 21 states that eased restrictions May 4 or earlier & found no major increase in hospitalizations, deaths or % of people testing positive in any of them. [SC, MT, GA, MS, SD, AR, CO, ID, IA, ND, OK, TN, TX, UT, WY, KS, FL, IN, MO, NE, OH] via [Ariel Mitropoulos],” ABC News lead medical reporter Eric Strauss tweeted.
Source: pjmedia.com...

Yea, no uptick down here in florida, and people are flooding the beaches, and other outdoor public areas, with little to no social distancing or PPE. Actually a Dr friend told me the hospitals are eerily quiet, but that's conjecture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join