It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York just made it a felony for police to share DMV information with immigration agencies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Does anyone think this will survive a legal challenge and is merely an attention getter?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

None of us thought the SAFEAct would hold up to court scrutiny either, but 7 years later all of my guns are out of state still because I.refuse to alter a rifle solely based on aesthetics and not how it functions.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: peter vlar

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: peter vlar

When will a governor make it a felony to restrict the purchase of a gun?

Cuomo essentially made all of my hand built rifles felonies as well as my.mags when he pushed through the SAFEAct in 2013

If you personalty machined your rile from raw stock then you have committed a felony in all 50 states. Such a barrels receivers and such
If you made the parts such as barrels and receivers from scratch you have committed a felony in all 50 states.

FLAT ARSED WRONG. www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...
READ THIS.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   

And now its a felony for any law enforcement to share information pertaining to people here illegally with the appropriate federal agencies.

Ahem...

"This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any state to the Contrary notwithstanding."
US Constitution, Article VI, Section 1, Clause 2 - aka 'The Supremacy Clause'

It is time for Trump to start enforcing these laws at gunpoint. Federalize the NY National Guard, and arrest Cuomo.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

If only it were that easy. My daughter is in Maine, my son is here with me and Ive got other responsibilities that take precedence to a move that I wish I could afford right now.

Yes, that is typically the case for people who would move but can't due to their situation. I'm not from Texas, but spent the last 5 years of my Military career there and loved it, so it will most likely be were I end up when I retire.
edit on 27-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Texas is a lot better than my last duty station snd a hell of a lot safer to boot. I've been out for over 25 years do to injuries and that just adds anothet layer to any moves, finding new doctors to tale over all of the meds. Between the stuff for PTSD and pain, any move makes me nervous when ive had long standing relationships with all of my docs. I would love to make the leap. Its just.not feasible at this time.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: peter vlar

When will a governor make it a felony to restrict the purchase of a gun?

Cuomo essentially made all of my hand built rifles felonies as well as my.mags when he pushed through the SAFEAct in 2013

If you personalty machined your rile from raw stock then you have committed a felony in all 50 states. Such a barrels receivers and such
If you made the parts such as barrels and receivers from scratch you have committed a felony in all 50 states.

FLAT ARSED WRONG. www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...
READ THIS.

Thanks for adding the citation. I was half asleep by that point and honestly wanted to go to sleep mpre than I wanted to cite a legitimate source so it's much appreciated.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Texas is a lot better than my last duty station snd a hell of a lot safer to boot. I've been out for over 25 years do to injuries and that just adds anothet layer to any moves, finding new doctors to tale over all of the meds. Between the stuff for PTSD and pain, any move makes me nervous when ive had long standing relationships with all of my docs. I would love to make the leap. Its just.not feasible at this time.

Look at San Antonio sometime. Huge military support city in so many ways, and they have both the Air Force and Army regional hospitals and services this is more than any other place in America. No State tax and even no property tax if you are 100%, but they have dozens of other benefits like no car registration cost and free parking everywhere with a DV license plate, 100% free hunting/fishing AND a community that understands and supports vets. The benefits go on and on....

Its funny that I live near Portland right now and if I pulled out my military ID 99% of the businesses would ask me what is that and can I show them my DL instead...lol

edit on 27-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join