It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minneapolis man killed during encounter with law enforcement, FBI investigating

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

No one asked you to come here, but you do demand that we take in everyone else.

In a society that has to take in everyone else the way the rest of you hypocrites demand we do, it's hard to be one united people. Try uniting a student base that represents 80 different languages, and that's *just* the languages and not the cultural and religious differences that came with them. I taught a few years at a school like that. Wonderful kids, but if you want to know where the tension comes from ...

Do those other countries have that level of cultural diversity and to such a high percentage of your populace?

edit on 27-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Did you mean to respond to me...? Your reply to me doesn't make any sense in relation to what I posted. But, I'll try to humour you. This will get removed for being off topic. So will yours

No one asked you to come here, but you do demand that we take in everyone else.

Please quote my words in my comment you are responding to that caused you to have that thought-process.

Out of boredom, atm, I'll engage:

1. Nobody has to invite me. I'm a professional border crosser. The house in Cali has been collecting dust since waaaay before Covid, anyway—so relax! I still do pay my taxes to Uncle Sam, tho. Do you..........?

In a society that has to take in everyone else the way the rest of you hypocrites demand we do, it's hard to be one united people. Try uniting a student base that represents 80 different languages, and that's *just* the languages and not the cultural and religious differences that came with them. I taught a few years at a school like that. Wonderful kids, but if you want to know where the tension comes from ..

The difficulty and barriers angle is total ignorance and B.S.

I live in Toronto. It is the most multicultural diverse city on the ENTIRE planet. Google it...

theculturetrip.com...

Do those other countries have that level of cultural diversity and to such a high percentage of your populace?

Canada, UK, and the Netherlands are more diverse nations than the USA. Google it...

Or just travel for at least once in your lifetime...

I taught a few years at a school like that. Wonderful kids, but if you want to know where the tension comes from ..

Yes, I would like to know where the real tension comes from. Please expound. Let us get more off topic.

ATS is a trippy place, lol

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
You stop using deadly force once a subject is subdued and poses no additional threat. When a man or women is handcuffed they pose no serious threat, especially when there are 4 armed officers present.

So I am very clear, putting all of your weight on your knee while squatting on the back of somebody's neck on concrete and most other surfaces is deadly force. How 4 law enforcement officers allowed this to happen for this long instead of just getting him up and into the car is not only egregious, it is horrifyingly criminal.

I would be happy with Murder 1 charges because honestly, I can't think of one single scenario this is even remotely justified and yes, I know he initially resisted, that happens but once somebody is prone and in cuffs, get your knee off their God Damn neck.

I'm really really upset about this one because there were 4 cops there that day that all thought this was just fine and did nothing. That points to a very fundamental problem with our police force, it's hiring and training practices and what exactly they think they can get away with.

Well put

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist
a reply to: JBurns

Thank you for pointing that slight out.

Correction: his hand is casually by his side instead of his pocket as he/they are murdering him for *resisting*.

I know, the look on the knee-killer's face (he doesn't deserve "officer") is pretty haunting

Hope the FBI investigation is completed soon.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Black on black gun violence is much much worse that any potential abuse by law enforcement. For every story like this one there are 100 plus a month on black on black gun violence. Media should be ashamed of themselves not addressing it. Black people as well. It's a severe problem that is never addressed.

Blah blah, misdirection, don't look here look over there, I'm sure white on white crime is a thing no one feel the need to harp on, this officer is a murderer in charge of all our lives, he is put in a position of considerable power , but was an uncaring abusive asshole who murdered someone... Focus dude Focus stop with the...oh boy oh boy look!...Squirrel.
Is Black on Black crime much of a thing in predominantly Black communities like Hillcrest NY and many others like it.
edit on 28-5-2020 by Spider879 because: Stupid Auto correct.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Look at what these COWARDLY ANIMALS did to this poor woman in a wheelchair, in Minneapolis Wednesday evening.

twitter.com...

Cowardly Cops, followed by Cowardly Protestors...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Look at what these COWARDLY ANIMALS did to this poor woman in a wheelchair, in Minneapolis Wednesday evening.

twitter.com...

Wow !! that's disgusting , way to go assholes, real winning right there..

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

twitter.com...

She is not disabled, she is one of these fat ppl that choose to not walk, plus she had a knife, I'm not saying they are right, but that is not the whole story.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Last year after Minneapolis Mayor Frey banned Warrior-style Police training the Police Union decided to offer the training for free.

After the Police Union's move the Mayor began requiring every cop to get permission for any extra training and if found getting this style of training they would be disciplined.

It's this style of training that encourages the type of brutality we saw against Floyd.

minnesota.cbslocal.com...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Identified

They should have all gotten training from Pei Mei, then they all could have learned the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique and really messed some mofo's up.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Breaking: Someone sprayed Graffiti on the Police Officer's House!

Just Horrible! - www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Our soldiers have stricter rules of engagement than cops, apparently. And if they kick you out of the Army for being a bad soldier you don't get to move one town over and soldier there.

If you put the brotherhood over accountability, you are a bad cop. If you do nothing when your "brother" is having a "bad day" you are just as guilty as he is.

No one is drafted into the police. If you can't honor the oath to serve and protect all citizens, you dishonor your community and that badge.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tayton
a reply to: [post=25194317]peter vlar[/post

www.google.ca...

So one example means that all scary black men should just be killed on the street via extrajudicial justice.

You should listen to your daughter more. Youre definitely a racist.

Why single him out and not use any of the 1000's of examples of white pedophiles? Are you less afraid of white pedophiles for some reason? Youre so focused on scary black men and gas station cashiers with, in your own words, " Headgear". Youve never ranted about white criminals the way you insist that some black people just need to be killed because you are scared of anyone thst doesn't look like you. It's really sad and I feel bad thstnyouve put yourself inside such a small bubble.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Excellent point and what I usually claim when people say "it's one bad apple." No, if you stick around as a good cop and watch this happen then you are a bad apple as well. And I won't accept that you are keeping your head down and just trying to get a paycheck.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
It's worse than it looks.

Also, as usual, I'm disgusted how fast this place went to, "But what happened before the video?" And, "But black on black crime!"

NONE of that has anything to do with this man being executed in the street.

Count on ATS for right wing talking points, but it's not racist...to the far right, the left is racist....the major civil rights attorneys have mentioned on their social media they know of the far right internet forums, this website has definitely become one, fueling hatred.

Looting, rioting and burning down buildings happens when the system is a complete failure and those businesses by now need to recognize that police brutality hurts business and now they better step up to the government and put a stop to police brutality or else everything will be burned to the ground.

Far right people say they will shoot back if you take their guns. People will burn everything down if you take away their first amendment rights. Pretty simple.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   

All four cops should be charged with murder and torture!

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Looting, rioting and burning down buildings happens when the system is a complete failure and those businesses by now need to recognize that police brutality hurts business and now they better step up to the government and put a stop to police brutality or else everything will be burned to the ground.

I’m sure that’s exactly why people help themselves to flat screen TVs from Target: to tell Target they need to tell Minneapolis PD to stop killing people.

/s

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Minneapolis Park Police release video
Park Police was on the scene but was not one of the 4 fired. He was left dealing with the two passengers in Floyd's car.

www.fox9.com...

edit on 28-5-2020 by Identified because: Correct link

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Are you kidding? So, a person is committing a felony and an overzealous cop could have something to do with his death and you think it is appropriate for mobs to burn things down. You are as ignorant as those looting.

You call anyone who does not agree with you racist don't you?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Yep, nobody wins!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join