It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh oh: Michigan Gov. Whitmer’s Husband

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Edumakated

I have to wonder. I get the impression she is the alpha dog in that relationship but I'm just guessing. So I wonder that she had not laid down the law with her husband to toe the line. With all the hatred she has been receiving from not only her state but the president as well, and all the media coverage centered on her, just how stupid it would be to attempt to do this. I mean just how big is that dock and wouldn't the dock boss know that the governors bot be moored there? One might suspcet that the office staff would also.

So for the governors husband to try to get his boat in the water by pulling strings just makes no sense to me, knowing all the scrutiny that is focused on them at this time. It just doesn't add up.

What makes a higher sense is that this call was just a person pretending to be the governors husband to give her a bad news event.

Politicians think they are above everyone else. I slam the left, but those on the right can pull the "Do you know who I am card too."

I hear what you are saying, butit wouldn't surprise me at all that her husband would do something like this. Here in Chicago, we had our mayor shutting everything down and then she goes an get's her hairstylist to come to her house. We have our fatboy governor telling everyone to avoid unnecessary travel while he sends his family down to Florida.

The fact she hasn't come out and straight up denied it leads me to believe it is true.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified
Yeah, that is a good argument on this. It's not as if it really matters I guess. I can understand her office trying to stay neutral and all. I think though that I did read in one of those articles that she did deny it and left it at that. To me there is credence in the idea of not addressing every accusation that is tossed at her, what with the accusations being thrown by potus.

I"m not trying to defend here or for that matter condemn. Just pointing out that so much of how we come down on this one depends upon our biases. I"m not sure we will get that much more info on this one as the crux of the story depends upon that phone call. If the State Senate wants to really go after it and get to the bottom of it I guess they would have tosubpoena his phone records.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hopefully his drain plug doesn't "fall" out.
That would suck!!🚤

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
What?! Queen Gretchen's unworthy subjects dared to not bow in humble obeisance to the Queen's Consort's whim.

Apparently, some lowly subjects still do not understand their proper place!
:
edit on 2020 5 26 by incoserv because: typo.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Yeah, that is a good argument on this. It's not as if it really matters I guess. I can understand her office trying to stay neutral and all. I think though that I did read in one of those articles that she did deny it and left it at that. To me there is credence in the idea of not addressing every accusation that is tossed at her, what with the accusations being thrown by potus.

I"m not trying to defend here or for that matter condemn. Just pointing out that so much of how we come down on this one depends upon our biases. I"m not sure we will get that much more info on this one as the crux of the story depends upon that phone call. If the State Senate wants to really go after it and get to the bottom of it I guess they would have tosubpoena his phone records.

Considering her no-mask & no-social distancing behavior at live press conferences that never changed until the chorus of people ripping her a new one became deafening because they had to mask up & distance from people while she clearly was NOT, I'd say her husband pulling this is has a high probability of being true based on her publicly flouting her own edicts for so long. The apples never fall far from the family trees.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Yes, but thankfully, didn't the guy tell him it would NOT make a difference?

Hopefully, it actually put him at the bottom of the list, to get his boat out sometime mid August.

Actually it should make a difference in he can get his boat last now that we know who you are, but then he is married to the witch so maybe he is already doing time.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I had thought that I read that she had denied it at first but now cannot find where I thought I read that, so, yeah, she should come out and address it clearly if they are innocent. As far as politicians thinking they are above it all is one thing but with all the notoriety she has been getting in the last two weeks should have at least had her and hubby being more discreet. Blatantly claiming that he was the husband of the governor and that they wanted special treatment while under all that negative press for me just stretches the magnitude of their possible stupidity.

However I must admit that I used to like Elliot Spitzer, governor of NY. He was only a week or two away from bringing suits against the major banks of his state when, BOOM, he gets caught with a five grand hooker. I mean what a stup. He had been doing this for a while and was so stupid and so naive to not suppose that large powers did not already have his pecadillo already chronicled and were just waiting for the right time to bring him down. And sure enough, it did. What a dunce.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I agree politicians for the most part, regardless of political party, tend to have an entitlement mentality.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I see the reasons to believe this tale to be true. That for me is easy to consider. It's just that it is just as easy or even easier, with the information available to think that the call itself was a hoax. In trying to be honest with myself I have to go with Occam's Razor.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I saw that I couldn’t help but wonder . If he fishes out of displaced aggression .

Taking his anger out on the fish to get even with the barracuda . Lol

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

'So I wonder that she had not laid down the law with her husband'

You meant to say, that she had not laid down at all with her husband.

:'(

is that sexist?

bla

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Kind of reminds me of Chris Christy closing the beach, then sitting his fat ass right in the middle of it......

Just a ROFL for real.

That's all

It makes me wonder who they are selling our posts to, on this site.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Interestingly, State Senator Tom Barrett initially removed his own Facebook post about this on Friday after Whitmer's office told Senate GOP leader's that it was false, but he later came out and said he had received additional information that led him to believe it was in fact true.

See my next post- she admitted it happened.
edit on 26-5-2020 by Identified because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Whitmer admits at press conference that it did happen!

My husband made a failed attempt at humor last week when checking in with a small business that helps with our boat and dock up north. Knowing it wouldn’t make a difference, he jokingly asked if being married to me might move him up in the queue. Obviously with the motorized boating prohibition in our early days of COVID-19, he thought it might get a laugh. It didn’t.

To be honest, I wasn’t laughing either when it was relayed to me. Because I knew how it would be perceived. He regrets it. I wish it wouldn’t have happened. And that’s really all we have to say about it.

Sure Jan, it was a joke.

Notice she didn't address the part where he wanted to go to Traverse City for the Memorial Day Weekend even though he lives 150 miles away.

www.mlive.com...
edit on Tue May 26 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: SOURCE ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Yeah, it's true. She was on TV this afternoon addressing the "rumors" that they were up there partying while those of us in the lower half were still stuck at home. The ONLY thing she said was that her husband went up to their vacation home after she lifted the travel ban so he could "rake leaves" and returned home after - and this is the part that gives her away - one or two nights. Backtracking on the boat issue was really lame but par for the course for her.

It's just more BS from her, she can't keep her story straight and everyone knows she's lying through her teeth.

The Facebook messages from Midland area residents that witnessed her stopping by, rubber-necking at the flood damage and leaving were out in force this weekend. I know several families that lost everything they owned, including one that lost their dog when some idiot gawker turned around in a lady's driveway, hit the dog and left without stopping to take responsibility for what she had done. The owner was yelling at the person to stop but they ignored her and boom. The dog died in the owner's arms.

Some people are just not deserving of the oxygen they're breathing.
edit on 26-5-2020 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
She tells people to stay clear of those areas and turns out she has property there and her husband tries to launch a boat.

The obvious plan was to make sure nobody "saw" her husband !!!!

Backfire 🤣👁️🤣

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The poor husband was probably trying to escape his wife...and make a run for Canada.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:25 PM
link   

She's a misshapen hypocrite.

Not surprised there's yet another major gaffe/incident

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Man, politicians just have it so much better than us taxpayers.

I'd expect this in some fuedal system a few hundred years ago.

I mean it's really turning out that we really are just filthy peasants to them.

Lying ass hypocrit. She initially said that they weren't going to adress rumours and then goes for the tried and true "just a joke" line.

The only thing that's a joke is that there are STILL people who support these leeches.

Hell, we should just give up, any time now I expect them to drop this facade of accountability, and just ignore us outright. Wouldn't surprise me if they just start saying "What are you[the people] going to do about it?"

Sooner or later they're going to realize that all the masses are going to do is bitch and complain and then let them do whatever they want.

What a joke. Hahahaha.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

She's a misshapen hypocrite.

Not surprised there's yet another major gaffe/incident

No...Gretchen said her family is now a VICTIM of baseless attacks!

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer addressed the issue of her husband attempting to use his position to get their personal boat prepped and in the water prior to Memorial day so they could enjoy the holiday.

The Michigan governor said her husband was joking when he told the boat storage operator he was the husband of the governor and asked if that would move him up in the line of requests.

Additionally Governor Whitmer highlights how the citizens of Michigan are victimizing her; including scary men who have surrounded her home while carrying “automatic weapons.”

Whitmer says the COVID-19 virus has created an undue hardship on her and her family, and she is burdened by hurt feelings and wounded sensibilities.
Source: theconservativetreehouse.com...

Poor Witch... Sounds like she now wants Joe Biden's sympathy. Maybe sympathy is her ticket to her VP slot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join