It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aerial shots of Groom, Papoose and Yucca

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We were flying to KLAS on Saturday and once again tracked near Groom. This time however the conditions were a bit better and I was able to get shots of all three (albiet from a distance). If you look at the Yucca lake shots you can just make out that new ?drone airstrip

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Perhaps fly higher and a better zoom camera ?
What happens if one fly over area51 and just keep going ?
That place is so scary...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Perhaps fly higher and a better zoom camera ?
What happens if one fly over area51 and just keep going ?
That place is so scary...

No you have to stay in that particular corridor if you look at the Garmin Track we are pretty close to the restricted areas (heck most of it is). If we deviated we would be intercepted.

As far as a better zoom, Its Sigma Sport 60-600. More zoom wont help in these conditions shooting through a thick, dirty, and tinted window in the King Air. If I put a doubler and shot at 1200mm it would simply magnify the haze and make things worse

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Interesting. You'd think that with reduced fossil fuel emissions from the lockdown the smog would be less.

Cool pics!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Thanks. I have been by this spot many times but the view has always been iffy. This is one reason why I always scoff at lazars claims BTW, people are literally flying in the vicinity of S4 ALL the time
edit on 5/26/20 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Nice job FredT!

Very interested in these

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Hey I have been looking into getting a recreational or private pilots certificate, if you ever get the time would you be able to roughly explain what the process is? Is there any upper age limit?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Hey I have been looking into getting a recreational or private pilots certificate, if you ever get the time would you be able to roughly explain what the process is? Is there any upper age limit?

JBurns apologies but I have nary a clue. This was a medical transport and and I sit in the back as I am a Pediatric Critical Care Transport Nurse so I do not have a pilots cert.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
JBurns I have more (much are the same) please check you messages!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
King air 200. Nice. Out of Sonoma? Anyways your still pretty far from Groom lake, Groom Lake is the farthest (at the top) lake bed in your photos. You can actually get a LOT closer if you are on the north side of R-4808N. Tell the Pilot next time to request transition through it see what Nellis Approach says, lol.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 38181

I think the plane comes from Sacramento actually. We use CALSTAR and REACH primarily

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Thank you so much for the message!

And critical transport, that is fine work and takes a special person to do
hats off to you sir

top topics

join