It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems Don’t Want an Improved Economy - And Admit It!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Oh yeah that’s right - stay at home orders were to keep us all safe.

False!

The left is fearful of a good economy! They’re fearful you’ll have a job, take care of yourself and heaven forbid be happy and make a better life for you and yours!

Libtards, thanks for nothing. You contribute nothing, do nothing and now are actively worried about a better economy!

Oh, and you actually WANT all of the bad things the play out (substance abuse, domestic violence, fill the prison systemic, economic destruction, reduced civil liberties, etc.) - and ignore entirely the human costs of your high-minded BS.

thehill.com... Evxl4YRjpCUwhvMGlf1D0jIRT3YPFV0g

So high minded of you - evil, worthless, government tit sucking bozos.

You all suck, libs. Badly. I hope you have a horrible day - since that’s all you can seem to want for people who actually contribute to this society.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

Well, one Democrat, apparently, based on your source:

Politico reports that Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration and now a Harvard professor, told a bipartisan group of policymakers last month that “We are about to see the best economic data we’ve seen in the history of this country.”

And from the actual source at Politico

Furman’s argument is not that different from the one made by White House economic advisers and Trump, who have predicted an explosive third quarter, and senior adviser Jared Kushner, who said in late April that "the hope is that by July the country's really rocking again." White House officials were thrilled to hear that some of their views have been endorsed by prominent Democrats.

Not quite what you or Fox are trying to spin it as.

Fruman sees a rapid recovery as the economy opens back up. Knowing that the White House claims full credit for every good think and denies responsibility for the bad stuff ... I think he's got a point.

Which is nothing like what your post claims.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Hijacked the virus for long range political goals. Not going to work.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
A good economy and a recovering economy are enemies of Democrats !!

They are doing all they can to blame Trump and Republicans for everything, and to convince voters they (Democrats) are righteous and on the side of everybody !!

Democrats are the party of desperate lies and Bullshaft 🤣🤣

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

The guy is actually saying the economy will get better by fall ... the White House agrees.

Sorry it's not another big "Democratic Hoax."

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Politico reports that Jason Furman, a top economist in the Obama administration and now a Harvard professor, told a bipartisan group of policymakers last month that “We are about to see the best economic data we’ve seen in the history of this country.”

Furman’s argument is not that different from the one made by White House economic advisers and Trump, who have predicted an explosive third quarter, and senior adviser Jared Kushner, who said in late April that "the hope is that by July the country's really rocking again." White House officials were thrilled to hear that some of their views have been endorsed by prominent Democrats.

Fruman sees a rapid recovery as the economy opens back up. Knowing that the White House claims full credit for every good think and denies responsibility for the bad stuff ... I think he's got a point.

Bill Maher
thehill.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.forbes.com...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Yeah I know you are upset and I am as well. But attacking liberals is not going to help the cause. I think we need a unity of support that EVERYBODY can get behind. Rights being stripped away, people being censored. These are issues across the board that again EVRYBODY should be fighting for.

And Look I am with you! when I talk to my liberal friends and family I dont get how they support being locked up, rights being taken and restricted. DOn;t you want to go out? I dont get it. But we can;t attack them we have to try to win their minds over with facts and ideas.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Any commentary on those links?

I'd love to hear what you're asserting before I look at your evidence.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You quoted Politico? Right.

Nothing you leftists will say can spin your way out of the BS and suffering YOU have caused.

Am I mad? Hell yeah I’m mad. You screwed up more lives in blue states then most can even comprehend - and you’re happy about it! You ignore economic collapse, substance abuse, child abuse, domestic issues, people not going to the doctor when they should (heart attacks, strokes, new cancer diagnosis didn’t just go away!) and yet you STILL think this is all a grand idea. But no no, it’s all about The Vid.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnigmaChaser

You quoted Politico? Right.

Nothing you leftists will say can spin your way out of the BS and suffering YOU have caused.

Am I mad? Hell yeah I’m mad. You screwed up more lives in blue states then most can even comprehend - and you’re happy about it! You ignore economic collapse, substance abuse, child abuse, domestic issues, people not going to the doctor when they should (heart attacks, strokes, new cancer diagnosis didn’t just go away!) and yet you STILL think this is all a grand idea. But no no, it’s all about The Vid.

Dude.

Your Fox News article quoted Politico.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

By the way though ... Trump called for a nationwide shutdown.

Forty States followed suit.

Spoiler alert ... they ain't all Blue.

Sorry about the egg on your face; maybe you can stop cracking them on it.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Wading through the article, the pertinent info (relevant to your thread) seems to boil down to:

“This is my big worry,” a former Obama White House official told the outlet, who said of the concern about top members of the party: “It’s high -- high, high, high, high.”

Is an unnamed "former Obama White House official" enough to start gnashing teeth and wailing from the rooftops?

Or is it just Fox being Fox?

edit on 26-5-2020 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

Yeah I know you are upset and I am as well. But attacking liberals is not going to help the cause. I think we need a unity of support that EVERYBODY can get behind. Rights being stripped away, people being censored. These are issues across the board that again EVRYBODY should be fighting for.

And Look I am with you! when I talk to my liberal friends and family I dont get how they support being locked up, rights being taken and restricted. DOn;t you want to go out? I dont get it. But we can;t attack them we have to try to win their minds over with facts and ideas.

Liberals don’t listen to civil discourse because they lack logic and can’t do math. No scaling, no questioning, nada - just get on board. A whole herd of lemmings they are.

They also are all about “the feels” which means it’s brutal to actually talk a subject with data.

There’s no “coming together” here - doing that would be placating your average liberal who represents the lowest common denominator in society in just about every measurable sense.

But hey, I’ll swing through Starbucks so I can ask all the college educated baristas are doing. You know, those lib arts degrees really set you up to be a contributing member to society!

link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

Hijacked the virus for long range political goals. Not going to work.

Hell no it isn’t. Gambled big. Will lose big.

link   

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

"Domestic terrorists"

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The simplest explanation is usually the correct one...

"Domestic terrorists"

But, the White House AGREED with what the guy said.

Is the White House filled with domestic terrorists???

Astonishing moment of clarity.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The op is not wrong.

Demcrats don't want a good or great economy.

They literally bank on your misery so vote for them.

Paying $600 dollars not to work.

Letting illegal immigrants compete with legal Americans with record unemployment.

Something else that's going to come back and bite everyone in the ass is Chicom 19 spending.

Government programs were already at a revenue shortfall.

Next years taxes are even going to be worse.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

By the way though ... Trump called for a nationwide shutdown.

Forty States followed suit.

Spoiler alert ... they ain't all Blue.
a reply to: Gryphon66

I was thinking about this last night, this is probably the one time where we needed a dictator. Because if this was super deathly pandemic we would all need to either lockdown or open up. from a pandemic stand point does it make sense that people are able to travl into other states?? Just think if this was a deadly pandemic you would want New yorker coming into Iowa lets stay if Iowahas little to no cases you would want that person coming into Iowa. From pandemic stand point it makes no sense. We either all need to lockdown or all need to open up.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Is the White House filled with domestic terrorists???

For quite some time.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Let me just add that the extra 600 per week has been a huge going back to work failure. People making under 700 per week working 40 hours are now making over 700 staying home. Now I agree that is great for them, as it is my son that went from part time 1000 per month to now making 2900 sitting at home, BUT it will kill going back to work until like Aug with a slow trickle.

Now why would the left want that? I think something about the elections coming up in they would love to post bad unemployment numbers and more they can delay people going back to work than the better they can use it against Trump saying he is failing to get the economy back on track as they actually work to hamper its comeback.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join