It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the resignation of douglas ross [ cummings farce ]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a conservative cabinet member - mr douglas ross MP has resigned today - " in protest " - of the govt handling of the ciummings fiasco

reportage

words fail me at this point , cummings is a grade 2 cockwomble

his " attempts " - to " explain " his actions - were a farce - we need people like ross - not cummings running this country

johnsons " defence " of him [ cummings ] - is somehow even more farcical

yes - we know that cummings clauims to love hs family - and was alledgedly " acting in thier interest "

but the reality is he is a retard - who could not plan for such a simple task - with all the rescorces at his disposal

his failure - to act rationaly - in such a simple regard - show he is unfit to run a bath - unsupervised - never mind have a says in govt policy

fook to cummings - and the idiots who support him - despite the incompetance and lies

mr ross - well done - you have shown integrity - something your colegues can only dream off

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I've been reading about Cummings this morning and trying to figure out what all the outrage is about...

It seems to come down to sour grapes more than anything, with most folks complaining, "If he's not following the lockdown rules, why should I follow the lockdown rules?" Or just flat out, "I'm not following the lockdown rules any more either."

I think there's also an element of truth slapping them in the face -- highlighted by Cummings going home -- that maybe the lockdown rules weren't reasonable to begin with, and abandoning families and loved ones in a crisis was never the right thing to do anyway.

I hope this makes people think a little harder and longer about priorities and living with their consciences.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:25 AM
link   
What he did was unquestionably worse than what Calderwood did and probably worse than Ferguson did both of whom had the dignity to resign.

His story also makes no sense what so ever.

Well done Ross for showing there is still such a thing as a Tory with principles.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

if you have read it - then its clear - you have utterly failed to comprehend it

hear is a tip - write out - not a full account - just bullet points - what he and his wife - did and said - and the excuses made by his colegues - and when you have finished - if it makes sense to you - and you still believe he is fit to run anything more complex than a bath -

then my response to you is you < cencored >

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

if you have read it - then its clear - you have utterly failed to comprehend it

Really? If I don't agree with your conclusion (and judgment) then I must have "utterly failed to comprehend it"? Seems to me that you have utterly failed to make an relevant point. And, no, casting aspersions upon my intelligence is not a relevant point.

hear is a tip - write out - not a full account - just bullet points - what he and his wife - did and said - and the excuses made by his colegues - and when you have finished - if it makes sense to you - and you still believe he is fit to run anything more complex than a bath -

LOL! No, thank you. I don't care. Which is ahy I never even addressed Cummings' position, much less his fitness for the job, just the public's outrage.

then my response to you is you < cencored >

Oooooh.... I'm so NOT put in my place!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:17 AM
link   

occassionaly - i am convinced that certain people - will post ANYTHING - that disagrees with a position i hold

this is one such occassion

as i say - read the idiots own excuses - and his friends

and just for a real WTF :

how about micheal groves latest idiocy :

a self admistered eye-sight " test " - conducted while operating a motor vehicle

you simply cannot make this shiite up

anyone with the brains to be left unsupervised - would realise that a self adminstered eye-test could be conducted using text of a given height - ie 50mm newspaper headlines - and 4mm std typed documents - at a set difference

if one cannot read them at the distances google would indicate you SHOULD - then seek medical advice

but - FFS - the law is clear - operation of a motor vehicle when you do not have the correct spectacles or contact lenses - is a criminal offence - as is operating a vehicle when you KNOW or suspect you have a medical condition that is prohibited

yet - grove - claims to be fit to run the country - its a pissing joke

and as for cummings - his " emergencies " - both just coincedentally were on the same days as parties - thats a stroke of luck - and his revovery from N19COVID in just 4 days - so he could get back to work and keep fat boris under control - how could the country manage without him ???????????

but hey - you have your " reasons " ......................

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
]a reply to: ignorant_ape

words fail me at this point , cummings is a grade 2 cockwomble

I agree and I don't think anything else really needs saying other than that comment!
It seems that 99% of the worlds politicians are morons, who think they're better than us and it's one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us.
We need to get rid of them all and start the political system again.

edit on 26-5-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

LOL! Of course!!! It's a given that political critters are worse than a joke!!!

Hence why I focus on the people and their reactions, thoughts and opinions. The same people that are furious now because they trusted and obeyed these same freaking idiots about the lockdown!!!

These are the same CoVid tyrants that the people blindly put their faith and trust in, placing themselves under virtual house arrest and abandoning their elders and other vulnerable people.

I'm glad so many of these tyrants are revealing their true colors to the people, and that the people are outraged and second guessing EVERYTHING as a result!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What the newspapers don't make a big deal of (which they should have) both of them were live with the virus. Now take that they travelled 300 miles and say there were no cases of the virus there, which they didn't know, they could have started a new epidemic there as they DID NOT stay isolated.
We have ALL made sacrifices of not visiting families or friends, so why him?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I've been reading about Cummings this morning and trying to figure out what all the outrage is about...
It seems to come down to sour grapes more than anything, with most folks complaining, "If he's not following the lockdown rules, why should I follow the lockdown rules?" Or just flat out, "I'm not following the lockdown rules any more either."

OOOHHH......you and me both for the naughty chair.

the stench of envy is palpable

I think there's also an element of truth slapping them in the face -- highlighted by Cummings going home -- that maybe the lockdown rules weren't reasonable to begin with, and abandoning families and loved ones in a crisis was never the right thing to do anyway.

IMO his four year old's needs would take priority.

Seeing as he never interacted with any of the public and he was on private

land. How do people know the things being said, such as "They went on

a picnic." /SMH ...... How would anyone know that they were isolating.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

IMO his four year old's needs would take priority.

And rightfully so! Which I'm sure is making a lot of people re-think their own opinions and actions...

I'm not going to hate on this guy (or anyone) for doing what was right for themselves and their families, but I'll sure blame him for whatever part he played in the lockdown orders and rules to begin with.

Seeing as he never interacted with any of the public and he was on private land. How do people know the things being said, such as "They went on a picnic." /SMH ...... How would anyone know that they were isolating.

They don't know. Obviously. And nothing wrong if they were enjoying the outdoors and soaking up the sun in their private isolation, not posing any risk to anyone else. In fact, healthwise, there's everything right about that, both for fortifying the body and for healing the body.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I shall just leave this here as I'm finding it hard to comprehend how people can possibly say its just "sour grapes" but hey thanks for completely dismissing thousands of other people's feelings regarding this fiasco and their own sacrifices

edit on 26-5-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Dominic Cummings played a leading role in drafting the social distancing guidelines here in the UK.

People have been prosecuted and fined for breaking those government guidelines.

Now we find out that Dominic Cummings completely ignored those guidelines that he was a part of producing and he states that he believes he's done nothing wrong.
His political supporters, as so often seems to be the case nowadays, rally behind him and defend his actions.

I openly admit that from what I have read about Cummings I have very little liking for the fellow and he represents everything that is wrong with our political system here in the UK.

I'm not one to criticise the government just for the sake of it.
I think they've had an unenviable task trying to deal with this outbreak with their being very, very little precedence for them to learn anything from and with every man and his dog having a view on what should or shouldn't be done.

I can actually understand why he chose to do what he did - not really relevant but Barnard Castle is only 16 miles away from where I live - and don't really think he did that much wrong.

But.....the fact remains that he broke his own guidelines, guidelines that other people have been prosecuted and fined for transgressing. Many of those people were simply in parks and open spaces very near their homes and were not contravening social distancing recommendations.

Not only has he broken his own guidelines he then arrogantly offers no apology and gives off an air of superiority indicating that he is above the very recommendations that he was a part of devising and implementing.

This is typical of the current crop of politicians and their 'advisors' who passionately believe they are above the law and that they can do whatever they wish.

In times like today they should be setting an example and maintaining standards that we should all aspire to.
They are failing miserably - not just in this country.

I know the government guidelines have been full of inconsistencies and parts are simply baffling and seem to serve no purpose at all.
The government have been drumming it into people to stick to these guidelines at all times. TV and radio adverts, even promoting them on most well known social media outlets.

To see one of the people responsible for these restrictions ignore them and then casually dismiss people's concerns and anger over his actions so glibly is what has seriously pissed people off.

Back in the day people chose to do the honourable thing, nowadays they just arrogantly assume that they are above such things.
edit on 26/5/20 by Freeborn because: spelling, typo's.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Dominic Cummings played a leading role in drafting the social distancing guidelines here in the UK.
People have been prosecuted and fined for breaking those government guidelines.
Now we find out that Dominic Cummings completely ignored those guidelines that he was a part of producing and he states that he believes he's done nothing wrong.
His political supporters, as so often seems to be the case nowadays, rally behind him and defend his actions.

I believe there is a clause regarding special circumstances due to the vunerability

of very young children. I have heard that a couple of times in discussions regarding

this issue.

As to Dominic Cummings being instrumental in drafting those guide lines....I am no

supporter of him, but in reality he kept to the guide lines in as much as the three

of them were in isolation (private grounds) and as far as I can gather didn't inter

act with any of the public, unlike the hordes of photographers and reporters who

were right in his face.

I openly admit that from what I have read about Cummings I have very little liking for the fellow and he represents everything that is wrong with our political system here in the UK.

Not liking someone is no reason for a witch hunt? Anyway he is not a

Politician he is an adviser, We vote in the Politician he chooses his own staff.

Something that has been brought up quite frequently lately in various debates

is that the country is divided again in this instance much in the same way as

Brexit those baying for DC 's blood are mostly those who didn't want to leave

the EU...... on the face of it, I think thats a fair assumption!!!

I can actually understand why he chose to do what he did - not really relevant but Barnard Castle is only 16 miles away from where I live - and don't really think he did that much wrong.

Can't disagree with that.

Not only has he broken his own guidelines he then arrogantly offers no apology and gives off an air of superiority indicating that he is above the very recommendations that he was a part of devising and implementing.

Why should he appologise? To appease the hounds?

He doesn't think he has broken the guide lines, so no need to appologise!!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

It is something else when 100.000 a week were being allowed into the country during lock down with no tests or quarantine
and people were gettig pulled just for going to the shops a few hundred yards from their homes ,heads should roll

fullfact.org...

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I understand your frustration. From what I've read, your rules and guidelines were quite strict and more strictly enforced than what we've had.

I do sympathize with Cummings, and with anyone/everyone put in that position... i.e., where breaking the rules was the best thing for their child/family. It doesn't seem that he flaunted the rules in an outrageous way. More that he chose to follow the rules from his parents home rather than his own home. That's not completely unreasonable. And I sometimes find myself in positions where I would rather ask forgiveness than ask permission.... He might feel somewhat the same.

So let me ask you this: How would you feel if Cummings straight up said, "I know it was against guidelines I helped write and implement, but if I had known then what I know now, I never would have recommended those rules. I realize now just how poor those rules and guidelines are and they put people in terrible positions. I'm sorry I had to break my own rules, but I'd do it again because it was the right thing to do for my child/family..."

Would you still be so angry? And do you think people in general would be so angry?

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
What he did was unquestionably worse than what Calderwood did and probably worse than Ferguson did both of whom had the dignity to resign.

His story also makes no sense what so ever.

Well done Ross for showing there is still such a thing as a Tory with principles.

I have to agree with that, and as for those that don't know..IT IS about double standards....and enforcement.

The same day Calderwood resigned, (April 5th) a young couple on the beach in Brighton, down in the south east, were on a pretty empty beach with a tin barbecue, the police came and poured water on the barby, and put them in court.
That couple had probably lost a job or two, the government directions were vague, (people could go for a walk, and to shop) and at that early stage, they could have just moved the couple on... but they made a show of them. (especially when the police said they were "Educating them" while of course there was a camera to paint the scene) the couple were not near anybody else by a long shot. So the ordinary couple gets a fine..that won't help finances so good, however Calderwood was only, "Spoken to"....same as Cummings received, though police backed up on that saying he wasn't "Spoken to"....and you could say the reason for the backtrack was for the UK government defence of Cummings is that he had 'special circumstances' re his family.
Now as it turns out, it appears that there are other families that had similar problems, but are in 'legal' process, while a BBC reporter put that question to the Coronavirus Government team today, the spokesperson declined to make a comment, obviously because it was a fly in the ointment of government glibness over their vagueness in the guidelines in the first place..they never admit to being wrong.
So there you go, little man gets booked...big man get's "Spoken to" or he doesn't according to the police.

Double standards with a Capital D.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Not liking someone is no reason for a witch hunt?

Of course it isn't.....if being a knobhead was a crime I'm afraid the number of criminals would far outweigh law abiding citizens.

But arrogantly ignoring regulations that one has helped draft oneself and then casually and arrogantly dismissing any subsequent questioning of one's actions may well be.

It seems to many that some of us are more in it together than others.

Anyway he is not a
Politician he is an adviser, We vote in the Politician he chooses his own staff.

So that means he isn't answerable to the public?
Same as all of the Prime Ministers senior advisors he is paid with tax payers money and as such is accountable to us, just like ALL civil servants should be.

And as he was appointed by the PM then surely Boris Johnson's integrity should also be questioned.

Something that has been brought up quite frequently lately in various debates
is that the country is divided again in this instance much in the same way as
Brexit......

I think that's exaggerating things.

First of all; I don't think many of the divisions left over from Brexit have disappeared, they've simply been papered over or set aside until this coronavirus thing hopefully blows over.
And I don't think divisions over Cummings come anywhere near the passions held over Brexit.

I suspect it's been blown up to sell newspapers and further political agendas.

..... those baying for DC 's blood are mostly those who didn't want to leave
the EU...... on the face of it, I think thats a fair assumption!!!

What, like myself?

Why should he appologise? To appease the hounds?

Because according to the guidelines HE helped draft he is in the wrong.
Because he has amoral responsiblity to do so.
Because he is a public figure and he should be held to higher standards than mere mortals such as I.
Because other people have been treated far, far worse for 'lesser' transgressions.

He doesn't think he has broken the guide lines, so no need to appologise!!

Exactly.
He thinks those guidelines do not apply to him....he is above such trivialities, they only apply to plebs like us!

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I understand your frustration. From what I've read, your rules and guidelines were quite strict and more strictly enforced than what we've had.

The guidelines are haphazard and random that seem to lack any sort of cohesive structure.

On top of that their implementation and enforcement are inconsistent depending on locality and as in this case the person(s) involved.

If he had simply said something along the lines of "Yes, I was wrong but I was simply doing what I thought was best for my family but I see now how that might have annoyed others in similar circumstances and to them I apologise" it would have all blown over, a storm in a tea cup.

But no, as seems the norm nowadays, he chose to arrogantly and casually dismiss concerns that were legitimately raised.

I don't think he should resign over his breaking his own recommendations......but he should be sacked because of his arrogance.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The clause that he exploited was specifically made for domestic abuse victims. The only other clause in the Act states that exceptions will be made for those workers who require access to public nurseries & daycare centres etc
If he hadn't been so arrogant and called himself an "exception to the rules" and actually just said sorry I screwed up, people may have been happier, but he lied and lied with ridiculous stories and then said he regetted nothing
As a result of Cummings actions Police are now being called upon to review all the fines handed out.
edit on 27-5-2020 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join