It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me this is fake!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Forgive me if this has already been posted.

According to the website I found this photo on, the submitter said that the creature was discovered amongst the marine life washed up by the December 2005 Tsumani. I have examined the picture in Photoshop and I cannot see any evidence of editing. Looks alot like the Limpet creature on an X-Files episode. Opinions please.

[edit on 4-28-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wild_Eyed_Southern_Boy
the marine life washed up by the December 2005 Tsumani.

Based on this temporal (not tempura-l) detail in your report I am 100% confident that the story is fake, LOL.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Id say its real although I think it may be something closer to a seal. If that is a real head of something, what you think the body looked like?

[edit on 13-3-2005 by Event Horizon]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
What are you looking at? I see no picture, or link....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's fake
. It's been on here a few times. It's the work of an artist called Charlie White. A few of his pics have caused some "holy crap!" threads. Search his name in google and you'll find some wierd pics; like the pics of a little guy named Joshua..

I quite like his stuff myself.

EDIT: That pic is called "in a matter of days"

www.artincontext.org...
White fashions his characters, blandly recognizable from television or other pre-formed notions of Los Angeles, as blank figures who come alive only in constructed “theme” environments. By creating an overall narrative and introducing monsters straight out of special effects cinema, a further degree of artificiality is introduced into a world which already reads as fake, thus allowing these characters and places to be scrutinized in a state of suspended animation. Each photo is titled after a subdivision of LA’s vast and varied yet familiar terrain, and each is held to a 2:1 aspect ratio, suggesting the composition of both landscape and movie screen.

Los Angeles is known as the non-city, an anti-polis shaped by money, greed and social fear. White investigates the resulting environment, creating characters who are deeply and permanently bound to their surroundings, at once alienated from and dependent upon the overbuilt world around them. When Hollywood monsters (already somehow incipient to this city of movie magic, plastic surgery, and profound social inequity) come out of the woodwork, the landscapes and interiors of Los Angeles become only more set-like and useless for shelter.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wild_Eyed_Southern_Boy
Forgive me if this has already been posted.

It has, its from a long time ago. As I recall its a movie prop.

According to the website I found this photo on, the submitter said that the creature was discovered amongst the marine life washed up by the December 2005[sic] Tsumani.

Interesting new twist. The people in the photo aren't from that part of the world, its normally presented as beign a chupacabra.

have examined the picture in Photoshop and I cannot see any evidence of editing.

Well, at this this can confirm that you are correct and that there is no photoshop editing.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Thats a fake....and was seen around LONG before the tsunami disastor.

Just sayin........

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I figured it was something screwy especially since the guy holding the 'creature' looks European and the home in the background ain't exactly an Indian Ocean-area dwelling :-)

Thanks for the replies

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Would'nt mind checking out Charlie Whites' site if he has one. If there's more detail on that head I'd like to read about it to determine if real or not.

Dallas

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Its all very nice saying its a fake, but what are you looking at?

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
stumason,there is a pic there that i guess you cant see

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I don't have a problem seeing any other pics on ATS or anywhere else, why would I not be able to see this one? Doesn't even have the standard little white box with a red cross if I was missing software.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Its all very nice saying its a fake, but what are you looking at?

Just a rubber special effect head. It's meant to be 'art'.

EDIT: Sorry Stumason, got you wrong there. I thought you meant what was it made off, not that you couldn't see the pic.

The quote I posted above is supposed to be about what the 'art' of it is.

I can't find a homepage for him, but check out his "understanding Joshua" series, it might put this pic into perspective:

www.npr.org...

Using a humanoid puppet he calls "complete fragility manifest in a body," White presents human frailty through a fictional character, much as a novelist might.

...Or he just makes some cool looking monster pics.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by kegs]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
It's a photograph of a male arm holding a pointer prodding a monstrous transluscent cranial structure, severed from its imaginary torso, constructed of latex and other unspecifiable components, showing evidence of need for urgent dental hygiene, being suspended by chain held by a bare-chested male of Latin American extraction, in need of some muscular toning work, in front of a mesh fence that encloses a large timber construction on stone foundations. There is another 50% of a "prodder" male in the background.

kegs is more efficient than me, except where potatoes are concerned.

[edit on 13-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
I don't have a problem seeing any other pics on ATS or anywhere else, why would I not be able to see this one?

Good question. Why aren't you seeing this one?

Doesn't even have the standard little white box with a red cross if I was missing software.

Hmm, i had thought that perhaps the hosting site was blocked perhaps, but not if thats happening no?

[edit on 4-28-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Aha...I know what is causing the problem. My company (God bless their infantile proxy server blocker thingys) has barred me from viewing that website, hence I cannot view said picture.

Bar Stewards!

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
you know why its fake....if it washed up on a beach like that no one would have bothered wacking a great big ring through its nose....and why would a "sea creature" have a nose. Great photo though.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I hate water.

Fangtooth ( Anoplogaster cornuta )
This is one of the most savage looking of all the deep-sea fishes. Luckily it only gets to about the size of your hand. It is related to the orange roughy and redfish. It is a mid-water species that feeds on fish using large fangs to seize its prey. The two biggest teeth in the bottom jaw are so large that when the mouth closes, these teeth slide into sheaths in the roof of the mouth that pass either side of the fish’s brain. It occurs world-wide in open ocean. There are two forms of this fish, a rounded form and an elongate form. They are a hardy fish that have been kept alive in chilled aquaria for quite long periods.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I still hate water.

The fossilized tooth of the Giant Shark ( Procarcharodon megalodon
In the first two-week leg of the NORFANZ voyage, a Sherman sled on rocky ground at 1100 m deep made an unexpected find, the huge fossilized tooth of a shark. It was around 11 cm long and is the tooth of the famous “megalodon” shark. This shark went extinct some time between one and 35 million years ago. It is most closely related to the Mako Shark but was much larger than the Great White shark. As sharks have a cartilage skeleton, it is generally only their teeth that fossilize. This is true for “megalodon”. The largest teeth found for this shark so far are 20 cm long, resulting in size estimates of up to 15 m long for the whole shark. A human could stand inside its open jaws. Fossilized teeth such as these have also been brought up in trawls from further north, near New Caledonia . Amongst those teeth were found the fossilized vertebrae of marine mammals, complete with the scars from the teeth of the giant shark that ate them. It must have been a formidable predator.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
i look up that Charlie White and i could not find that photo any where are you sure it is his work?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join