It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP training/lessons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I apologise if this is in the wrong place to post this.

I have been noticing an uptick in OP that are not quality or up to standards. example : an opening post that is only four sentences long, no links, no source, no main point.

I was at first wondering if we could have some type of "call out method" where member's who continually have Opening post that are not up to standards maybe they get a message from a moderator? But I don't know if that is to aggressive/mean?

I am also wondering if we have or maybe should have trainings on how to do a quality Opening post? I know when I was a new member I didnt know how to provide sources and links and all that stuff. and when I did see opening post that had those items I was a little bit overwhelmed.

I wonder also if we have had an uptick in new members and maybe the new members who just have not figured it out yet?

I Dont know if any of this is possible I guess just questions?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
I learned by paying attention to long time members threads and asking questions. Not that I would even hope to compare my threads with some of our other members or members from the past, but if new members want to learn, they will. If they don't, you can't make them. The mods do their best, but they can't police every thread made.

We do have a members forum that is made for questions and practice for anyone who wants to do so. There is also a thread around here by member loam teaching about tags as well as text colors and so on. On top of that, I've never been turned down if I asked a mod or an experienced member for help.

The resources are here if one wants to create better content.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Klassified because: sentence structure

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The "answer" lies inside the vast realm after clicking the "alert" button 😎

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: American-philosopher
I learned by paying attention to long time members threads and asking questions. Not that I would even hope to compare my threads with some of our other members or members from the past, but if new members want to learn, they will. If they don't, you can't make them. The mods do their best, but they can't police every thread made.

We do have a members forum that is made for questions and practice for anyone who wants to do so. There is also a thread around here by member loam teaching about tags as well as text colors and so on. On top of that, I've never been turned down if I asked a mod or an experienced member for help.

The resources are here if one wants to create better content.

Good answer

ATS Freshman's Forum

Minimal OP's are discouraged and removed when we are aware of them.

We are a small crew of volunteers and can't possibly read everything, so we rely on our fellow members to alert us if we miss something. Just click on alert and it starts a thread in a special forum where it's visible for all of the Staff.

Help out the new members. Be civil, polite and kind about it and people will appreciate help from other members.

Question answered, thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join