It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Coulter tweets out calling Trump a lout and a blithering idiot.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I can’t speak for all republicans because I don’t identify as one.
But I will say that I’m big on qualifications with the biggest emphasis on the economy.
Trump filled both slots in my opinion and Hillary had neither.
Non did Obama.

Biden is nothing but a yes man riding the government dollar for decades.

2024 will probably end up being two empty suits with electable personalities.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

My hope is that saner minds, if there are any, take control of their parties and offer up two more non-partisan candidates
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

In what reality, dimension is that going to take place on??

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Mmm we have all complained about congress for years, and along comes a president that gets attacked by both parties... either he is a brilliant con man or both parties are starting to get skittish.

he cant be both a blithering idiot and a great con man, so are the 60 odd million people that voted for him blithering racist woman hating simpletons, or are the corrupt SOB's in congress afraid of something. (even if that something is we the people start paying attention to the corruption and *gasp* holding people accountable)

To that I would contend that one can be a blithering idiot and a brilliant con man if....If you have hidden your idiocy enough to keep the con going on enough of the people. Remember, that Trump con did not work on at least half the people in the country to start with. Those people are now called all sorts of name by those who did buy his con. They have been described as suffering from TDS, which when looked at from the other side of the issue can be seen as not being conned in the first place.

His idiocy is only now becoming more evident. Even I had hope when he was first elected that he might be of a more sound mentality than he had demonstrated. That maybe his experiences in the business community would be leadership that would advantage us all. But for me at least that hope was quickly extinguished.

Adding to that, the con, a good con, has built in excuses to explain away those who have not swallowed it. This is common to all cults, cons writ large.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I agree with you here Blunt. What will they do in 24. Ivanka?
As for 2020 the dems have failed to find a candidate to either supplant Trump or more, to lead the nation forward. Biden is a joke. My hope remains that sometime between now and November, that if something happens to keep Biden from the nomination they can manage to find a candidate that will offer a viable alternative to Trump. But my hope is fading.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Coulter was always the one you'd most likely find under Trump's podium, 'Police Academy'-style, so this is quite a U-turn.

When did she stop swallowing his rhetoric?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Read my post again Mr. Mog. My impression of her changed a bit from that Roast. In it I found her to be intelligent and astute and more level headed than I had earlier imagined. And though I still do not agree with much of her belief system I do find her not as mouthpiecish as I had earlier.

Now that she has comment on Trump in this manner does not change my thinking on her political stances at all. Just that I would have suspected that had she just been a vapid mouthpiece she would not have been so forth coming in her coming out about Trump.

So, no, her comments about Trump have not changed my opinion of her, that had already happened to a degree. But what I wanted to know was now that she has come out on Trump in this manner, does that change what conservatives think about her, or how they might look at Trump.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit

Coulter was always the one you'd most likely find under Trump's podium, 'Police Academy'-style, so this is quite a U-turn.

When did she stop swallowing his rhetoric?

A while ago.
See Here

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You know, I agree here as well. Big Tech IS censoring. But that is not against the constitution. The right to free speech stops at the front door of private enterprise, which is after all Big Tech. The ''commons'' that used to be protected, the schools the city centers. all of those places of gathering have been turned over to internet gathering places like here, ATS. And in these places it is the owners laws that prevail. If the owners agree to government directives, that is their right. If they disagree that is their right as well.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: Edumakated

You know Ed, I pretty much agree that the system in many cases runs the presidency. Trump has done a lot to hinder that but much of what is happening is him putting through a lot of the regular Republican agenda. He just basically rubber stamps the bills they put up to him.

And yes the ''wall'' has been a huge disappointment, especially as he made it such a ''big deal'' during his campaign and throughout his first two years. But where is it. From the urgency of his earlier posturing one would think that it would almost be finished by now.

The wall was blocked by RINOs and Democrats; and activist leftist court judges. Remember, establishment Republicans support illegal immigration too as a cheap labor source. Democrats want the votes.

The Republican party establishment basically supported open borders. It wasn't an issue until Trump made it an issue during the campaign.

So yeah, I wanted the wall. I am definitely disappointed more progress has not been made, but I don't necessarily blame Trump.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

The wall was blocked by RINOs and Democrats; and activist leftist court judges.

So what? Trump promised it (and that a certain country would pay for it).

Apparently he was not aware of how our government is a system of checks and balances?
edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Yeah, I can see that she had become a caricature of herself and this might be just a shift in her posturing to maybe get more accepted to a moderate customer base. That has a loud ring of possibility. However it might also be that her own true conservative beliefs could no longer ''cover'' for the ''blithering idiot'' that is now more easily seen by so many. Maybe she is just calling out that he has no clothes.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

So what? Trump promised it.

Apparently he was not aware of how our government is a system of checks and balances?

That's why we still have a military prison in Cuba...
Promises promises....

www.politico.com...

But the wall is still being built...

edit on 25-5-2020 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

You know, I agree here as well. Big Tech IS censoring. But that is not against the constitution. The right to free speech stops at the front door of private enterprise, which is after all Big Tech. The ''commons'' that used to be protected, the schools the city centers. all of those places of gathering have been turned over to internet gathering places like here, ATS. And in these places it is the owners laws that prevail. If the owners agree to government directives, that is their right. If they disagree that is their right as well.

It looks like Spotify may be gearing up to challenge Youtube. Them stealing Joe Rogan away is a huge win. A big part of his decision apparently was Youtube's censoring. The free market usually prevails.

The problem is that BigTech is so ubiquitous. It is very difficult to just find an alternative. Also, given how much penetration big tech has in society, they can exert undue influence over people's opinions and this is extremely dangerous; particularly when alternative viewpoints are intentionally being drowned out.

They can sway elections. Direct public policy.

Given this power, transparency is a must.

Facebook recently put together a board to develop policy in regards to fact checking / censorship. The members read like a conclave of social justice misfits. Doesn't give me hope they will be unbias....

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So what? Trump promised it (and that a certain country would pay for it).

He did promise it. The failure wasn't for a lack of trying. Yes, we have a system of checks and balances. However, that system is not perfect and often times can prevent necessary things from being done. That system can also be manipulated.

It is what it is... but it is disingenuous to act like Trump promised it and then just didn't make an attempt to try to deliver on that promise.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I only looked up one of those videos for a time stamp and that one had Sean Spicer in 17 as well. So it does sound as if she has changed her tune. And yes, it might be as simple as she is only selling herself and her books. But might it also be that she has had it up to here with what she sees as a blithering idiot and is now greatly concerned over the future of the conservative values?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

I didn't say he didn't try.

Here's one; "Everyone who needs a test can have one."

As with the wall, he often does not seem to know much about what he is talking about. But he does know what his base wants to hear.

But this is about Coulter, not Trump. She has not been a fan for a few years now. The Trump sheen faded pretty fast for her, once he took office.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You know,,, ''whozit''

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

She is allowed to change her mind.
But if she feels he's an idiot, then that just says she was following an idiot then making her books and opinions from that time pretty much wrong.

So why would anyone listen to her now?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That is exactly how I used to see her. And even though since that Roast I have been willing to give her at least a little more credit, I still hold that as the most likely true assessment of her;

Yet, for decades she was a prolific and visible mouthpiece for arch conservationism. Neo conservatism at least. And indeed she has had a faily large effect on the conservative community over the years.

So those that believed her then, will they continue to believe her now? Apparently you never did but the question to me is not for those who never believe her truthfulness, but rather what will become of those who did.

I still have not heard mention of these tweets on the MSM but maybe wait for another day for them to catch up.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I didn't say he didn't try.

Here's one; "Everyone who needs a test can have one."

As with the wall, he often does not seem to know much about what he is talking about. But he does know what his base wants to hear.

But this is about Coulter, not Trump. She has not been a fan for a few years now. The Trump sheen faded pretty fast for her, once he took office.

Trump isn't a politician. He doesn't filter himself, nor does he understand all the Game of Thrones shenanigans going on behind the scenes.

Yes, he says what the base wants to hear because the base (the everyday guy) just wants sh*t fixed. They don't care about the process / procedures, etc. They just know we have a straight forward problem with a porous southern border. It ain't rocket science.

However, politically, there are people, businesses, politicians, countries, etc that all need their graft and bribes to to make it work. Many of those people have very different motivations than the man on the street so even if the solution makes sense, they are not going to play ball.

Our system is set up this way to stop tyranny. The weakness though is that it also prevents quick and decisive action on real problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join