It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the FN Five seveN be legal for civilian ownership?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Just exactly right. ANY round including a .22 can be made to penetrate CIII armor. You would use depleated uranium. Its the round NOT the firearm that determines the lethality. The properties of the projectile determine its ballistic coefficient.You can take a bar of teflon and make projectiles that work differantly than lead or steel or solid copper or what ever you use.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin
reply to post by PaddyInf

I've seen these things at the gun shop and they are PRICEY. I just can't see a criminal buying one to go kill cops.

There is the price you and I pay then there's the price criminals pay. Another reason why regulations and restrictions on the law-abiding are pointless.

You cant dump laws on people and expect to effect the black market.
It wont stop government from trying though.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by PaddyInf

Wrong. I'm from N. Ireland where the ban on handguns didn't take place. We have our own firearms legislation that still allows for the legal ownership of handgunsI own a Walther P5C at the moment that I bought from the army when they were downsizing the R. Irish. A small number of pistols were offered to serving members for purchase. I got a P5C and a 9mm Browning which I customised and sold to a mate.

That didnt last long, did it?

Or does this not apply to you?

IRELAND is to ban handguns, Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said, after the number of licences issued for the weapons in society mushroomed in recent years. Source

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by this guy right here

There is the price you and I pay then there's the price criminals pay. Another reason why regulations and restrictions on the law-abiding are pointless.

After my granddaughter was born I needed to make a few extra bucks so I did a temp gig as security at the local truck stop.... forget criminals you would be stunned to hear about the kinds of things those truck drivers sell to each other... the old: opps that machine gun must have fallen out the back of the truck

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

That didnt last long, did it?

Or does this not apply to you?

IRELAND is to ban handguns, Justice Minister Dermot Ahern said, after the number of licences issued for the weapons in society mushroomed in recent years. Source

As a matter of fact it DOESN'T apply to me. The ban cited in the above article only covers Eire, also known as Southern Ireland. This is a completely independent country from the UK, with its own government, legal system, currency etc.

I'm from Northern Ireland, which is a part of the UK. To compare the two would be like comparing Canada to the US. they're completely different countries.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PaddyInf

Okay, thanks for the info. I didnt realize Ireland was split. Like Korea I guess?

A word of warning, not to be taken as offensive or anything, when one country/state that bans guns borders another country/state that does not it usually isnt long before the state that has the ban starts to blame the sustained criminal activity (because nowhere on Earth do bans work) on the state that doesnt have a ban.

Just keep your eye out and be sure to immediately squash any and all notions of bans, extending bans etc... They wont stop until all gun owners are criminals. It's an endless battle in the U.S. Slave states (states with bans) are constantly blaming free states (states without bans) for their crime problems and consequently laws and regulations and ban attempts are always moving around in legislatures. It's scary and by no means enjoyable to experience.

I'm not you but if I were surrounded by slave states I'd be packing it up and getting ready to bail. Bans are rarely lifted. I'd expect your country to fall in line with a ban before those other countries took a look at their stupidity and lifted theirs.

posted on Dec, 22 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join