It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's World Turtle Day! Hooray!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
If someone covered this already apologies, but it seems It's World Turtle Day and here is a video to play from youtube!

And a little story about my boyhood turtle friends, long before those ninja guys showed up, I had 2 turtles, Batman and Robin.

They were my best friends in the world when I was 5. I never wanted to leave them behind when I had to go to school and I couldn't wait to get back when I had to, they were the first thing I saw when I woke up and the last thing I saw before I went to dreamland.

One day, I came home to find them belly up, both had expired on the very same day, sad to say, but I found a cigar box from my dad and dug a hole in the back yard, we had a nice ceremony and said goodbye.

I still remember exactly where I buried them and I hope they have been resting in peace, I know turtle heaven was a better place with them in it.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: spiritofsoul
One day, I came home to find them belly up, both had expired on the very same day ...

Today is Memorial Day.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
There's always a turtle day in China.
Let's join it with Chinese boycott day
Yeah, it's nice. Dodo is ok. Nice to watch and lose a tear. I boycott them too since I found that they neuter every animal they "help out of the street" Let's call it mixed feelings. A love/hate relationship
edit on 25/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Soooo...turtle soup ?

and if you've never had it....it's delicious

Maybe fried turtle with gator tail and a crawfish boil !

mmmmmmmmmmmmm

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In honor of your turtle buddies, I will name one of young Galapagos Tortoises spiritofsoul. I have a clutch being born in one of my two zoos (Planet Zoo), and they live for over 100 game years. I'll likely end up trading it away, but it will persist in the game a long, long time.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
What's with all these self proclaimed mediocre holidays??

Is it really all about "turtle awareness"??

Gimme a break already..smh..

How comical our society has become.🙄

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

I've seen that in The Simpsons. Corporation make up new holidays to sell stuff. It was funny AF.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
In honor of your turtle buddies, I will name one of young Galapagos Tortoises spiritofsoul. I have a clutch being born in one of my two zoos (Planet Zoo), and they live for over 100 game years. I'll likely end up trading it away, but it will persist in the game a long, long time.

Very sweet. thank you!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Do you celebrate any of these holidays? Easter, Christmas or Valentines? All commercialized and all with silly symbolism and made up stories we tell each other...SMH...Turtles are real at least.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Disgusting.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

In fairness you are correct, World Turtle Day was actually Sunday, but I shared this before I realized that. Ooops.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritofsoul

False equivalency.

Those holidays you mentioned are the ones that have well established intrinsic value as they are traditional and meaningful.

Celebrating a freaking turtle doesn't even equate.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Intrinsic value for who? You find value in bs holidays? Hmmm.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Yeah I do, so do millions of others.

top topics

join