It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump I have a chance to break the deep state”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I do think there is a deep state, but it has nothing to do with some giant evil cabal secretly running things.

I think its the Bureaucrats that permeate every level of our government, people that feel they are powerful and untouchable, once upon a time it wasn't a big deal unless you worked for them as they primarily were focused on looking good to get promoted.
Now though with todays non-stop virtue signaling and rabid attacks on anyone that doesn't think the way they do you end up with data being leaked that shouldn't, or lies being told to the press and the press running it front page.

Think Mr. Incredibles boss in the first movie, I have run into people like that routinely over my time in civil service, and visits to the VA.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Hmm. Well, if that's your definition of Deep State it is exactly equal to what we've known for years as "the Bureaucracy."

It has been called (long before Trump) the Fourth Branch of Government.

All one has to say (at least in the US) is "DMV" and everyone knows that represents governmental horror.

I do believe in a "shadowy cabal that controls the world" but it does so thorugh banking, resource scarcity, and I promise you none of us has any idea who they are.

What Trump and his cronies cry about isn't even as real as the old card game "Illuminati the New World Order."

(If you want to see some spooky stuff, look up some of those cards printed in the early 1990s.)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Ardent Trump Supporters have to literally make ridiculous nonense like this up ... let's look at reality. The economy is in the tank, tens of thousands have died in this pandemic, the deficit has skyrocketed, unemployment is at Great Depression levels, American foreign policy is an abject failure, we have alienated our allies and coddled our enemies ... but Trump is somehow a brilliant President and this is all someone elses fault? The "Deep State"?

Nice to see you have absolutely no issue politicizing the damage caused by a global pandemic to blame it on Trump. And I don't recall Trump ever coddling China, unlike most politicians who bend over and take it from China, Trump fought relentlessly to get fair trade deals. I also don't see anywhere in this thread where those issues were blamed on the deep state rather than a pandemic.

Trump makes Hoover and Carter look like Washington and Lincoln. This Adminsitration will go down in history as the most corrupt, the most incompetent, the most damaging to this country we have ever seen.

Anyone who thinks Biden would be better than Trump at leading an economic recovery is simply out of their mind. Trump wont even break a sweat defeating Biden, I recommend you come to terms with that.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

LOL ... so now the pandemic is serious? Not a Democratic hoax? Some folks need to make up their minds.

Trust me, neither Trump nor Biden is going to lead us out of anything, but they are both doddering, incompetent, lecherous nutjobs.

Well, the next time I need my tealeaves read I'll consult you. Until that time, I'll put about as much confidence in your predictions as in flipping a coin.

Actually, the coin has better odds of being right.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i've also said that each and every one of those heads should have their job performance evaluated every year by a non government controlled committee. picked by the voters of the state from registered voters.

Piss-poor job? ... job is eliminated from the rolls ... permanently!!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 727Sky

The Deep State is a bogyman , every Superhero needs a bogyman to fight against and Trump being "the chosen one" is no different.
As for the Swamp , well that's been maintained and added to by the current incumbent.

Some of his supporters still believe that he is draining the swamp, but they cannot point to any significant reform he has signed into law. They cannot point to a reform agenda he has sought to enact, only to be thwarted by Congress. They certainly cannot point to any investigative effort on a par with the Church Committee, the Pike Committee, or the Rockefeller Commission.

Trump’s interest in possible misdeeds extends no further than the specific Democrats he considers his most direct political adversaries, such as Hillary Clinton. For all his theatrics, he is not actually fighting corruption any more than a WWE wrestler is actually fighting his opponent. Put simply, there is no prospect that he will, in fact, drain the swamp.

So pity the Trump supporters who want to drain the swamp. There is no prospect of their civic happiness. Insofar as their champion thrives politically, Washington, D.C., will grow only more corrupt. But if Trump is proved to have abused his power, the backlash may inspire reforms, as it did after Watergate. You can fight to drain the swamp or to defend Trump, but not both.
www.theatlantic.com...

I'd much rather his bogeyman be a secret cabal rather than a Middle Eastern or North African country.

Wouldn't you?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

job is eliminated from the rolls ... permanently!!

maybe just a to a role of making sure that the lackeys are working and not diddling one another in the work place.

certainly not being the ones reading, interpreting , setting policy and rules and regulations.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I'd much rather his bogeyman be a secret cabal rather than a Middle Eastern or North African country.

Wouldn't you?

It's so much better to have your own countryman to have their foot on your throat.

Middle Eastern and North African Cabals get your foot of my throat, I want an American foot on my throat.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

It's so much better to have your own countryman to have their foot on your throat. Middle Eastern and North African Cabals get your foot of my throat, I want an American foot on my throat.

at least the U.S. foot won't cut your head off for marrying a non Muslim or saying ol mo was a pervert.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

LOL ... so now the pandemic is serious? Not a Democratic hoax?

I never said the economic consequences wouldn't be serious, and I never said it was a hoax just to prevent Trump being re-elected. I don't really think they would go that far because it would be absolutely psychotic. I think the reaction to Covid-19 all around the world has been overblown, and I don't think the entire world is conspiring in some grand conspiracy to make Trump look bad. I just think it's very easy to put people into a state of fear because we prefer emotions over logic. However it's clear some people such as you are trying to politicize it because a disaster should never be wasted.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie2018

It doesn't matter if it's a left boot or a right boot when it's on your throat.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: gortex

The Deep State is a bogyman , every Superhero needs a bogyman to fight against and Trump being "the chosen one" is no different.

You deny the existence of the deep state and suggested Trump is a superhero.

Seems to me his supporters see him as a superhero battling the forces of evil , he sees himself as sent by God to battle the forces of evil so either way in the mythos of Trump and his followers he is a superhero.

The deep state seems to be made up of those who oppose him , in the old days they were simply the opposition.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

The amazing thing about this is that it will win Trump the exact people who already believe it.

That's all. The rest of America knows that when used by Trump and his cronies, "Deep State" is nothing more than a fake menance designed to explain Trump's massive failures in office.

It also provides cover for the actual TPTB by making the existence of a hidden power structure in contol of the media, government, banking and corporations seem ridiculous to most Americans who aren't Trump zealots.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the elite in a long time.

While everything you say could be true, the way the media treated Trump during the pandemic won him this election. The silent majority does excist and they were watching very closely. I watched my town turn republican in real time.

And I'm sorry, but if you're in on the crime as a president, you don't typically find yourself on the other end of ridiculous outrage every month. It doesn't make sense.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago0508699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

The amazing thing about this is that it will win Trump the exact people who already believe it.

That's all. The rest of America knows that when used by Trump and his cronies, "Deep State" is nothing more than a fake menance designed to explain Trump's massive failures in office.

It also provides cover for the actual TPTB by making the existence of a hidden power structure in contol of the media, government, banking and corporations seem ridiculous to most Americans who aren't Trump zealots.

Trump is the best thing to happen to the elite in a long time.

While everything you say could be true, the way the media treated Trump during the pandemic won him this election. And I'm sorry, but if you're in on the crime as a president, you don't typically find yourself on the other end of ridiculous outrage every month. It doesn't make sense.

Did the election happen? No? Trump has not won anything yet.

I understand your passionate support for your candidate. I don't see it that way. I do agree that the media, both the Trump media and the controlled opposition media are a joke.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

The deep state seems to be made up of those who oppose him , in the old days they were simply the opposition.

In the old days Trump would have been opposition. Instead we got pee dossier, fake FISA, Russian collusion hoax, doctored whistleblower reports, and impeachment just because.

You reap what you sow. Every failed manufactured ploy just makes him seem more legitimate. Without the machine trying to take him down we could have had the old days. That's gone.
edit on 5/25/20 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Most Americans are not Democrats or Republicans.

Most Americans do not support Trump.

Most Americans are very carefully chained by regulation, bureaucracy, and media.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Naw most dont see him as a superhero I would say most see him for what he is and that's a bull in a china shop meant to upset things and disturb things.

Because we have been electing people that look good, sound good, and say the right things for decades and our economic fortunes have shrunk steadily over that time no matter which party had control.

So he is a desperate attempt to change things before all hope has been snuffed out with the long slow decline.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: blueman12

Seriously. ZERO SUCCESS. Most Americans are not Republicans and they sure aren't Trump zealots. Attempting to connect Trump's blunders to the actual hidden power structures just isn't working.

Ardent Trump Supporters have to literally make ridiculous nonense like this up ... let's look at reality. The economy is in the tank, tens of thousands have died in this pandemic, the deficit has skyrocketed, unemployment is at Great Depression levels, American foreign policy is an abject failure, we have alienated our allies and coddled our enemies ... but Trump is somehow a brilliant President and this is all someone elses fault? The "Deep State"?

GMAFB. Trump makes Hoover and Carter look like Washington and Lincoln. This Adminsitration will go down in history as the most corrupt, the most incompetent, the most damaging to this country we have ever seen. IMO.

There's the old Grpyhon66. You are saying things that simply weren't true until the virus took off. We had the best economy, lowest unemployment, most jobs, millions fewer people on welfare, in fifty years, then shtf - worldwide. Our foreign policy was and still is strong since Trump put his foot down. Obama was weak and not respected by anyone. Being liked is not a measure of good foreign policy, knowing we're not going to stand for places like Iran, Russia or China to dictate how we and our allies function is.

Sorry dude, you're 180 degrees out of sync on this issue. The deep state goes back a long way, we've seen it time and time again that the controlling families (ever look at the incestuous web of family members in politics? It's stunning!) are and have been running the show financially and militarily for several decades. Fact. Look at history, it's there in black and white.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Seems to me his supporters see him as a superhero battling the forces of evil , he sees himself as sent by God to battle the forces of evil so either way in the mythos of Trump and his followers he is a superhero.

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but he's not a superhero and I do not believe he thinks of himself as a god. He is, however, someone that does care very much about our country and he has shown that throughout this term. He has better negotiating skills than anyone we've had as president since Reagan. He knows how business works, locally and internationally. He often plays people to see what their true motives are. Is that morally right? Yes and no. In some cases he takes it too far for my liking but it does end up exposing the true character of many who have been hiding it well. Sometimes you have to get dirty to find the truth. Lots of people end up dead by uncovering the truth, I think the fact that Trump is showing everyone the true colors of many in politics is the best thing that's happened to our country in a very long time. It's just painful watching others impede this process every step of the way. They are the true enemies of our nation and God willing, will pay the price someday.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Nope, you didn't notice the deep state before because Obama was the president and he is part of it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join