It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists believe cannabis could help prevent and treat coronavirus

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: solve
What are your thoughts on CBD?

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

C`mon man of course i know hooch is bad,

And meds you get from the doctor, have many friends who died because of those things.

Was weird that the dude on the video talked about lots of things i pointed out here.
Well not weird cause they are true.

-Edit have seen many lives destroyed because of weed too, also have this one friend, hard worker, but it has broke my heart many times when i have seen his kids wanting to spend time with him, or have needed him, while he was being "clever like a fox" for a little toke time. one will never be the best parent they can be if they are potheads at the same time.
edit on 27-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

When this hard working smart father puts his kids away so he can smoke up, i have observed the change that happens in the kids, they know there is something more important going on, they get this uncertain, sad/angry face, and when no one is looking, they lash out at things.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Honestly i have not done my research on CBD alone, but my gut feeling and from what i have heard, it is a good tool for many things and have very little negative side effects compared to using or being addicted to that bitch Mary.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It breaks my heart that mothers/fathers fail to see their kids cause they are lost in a phone.

'I only took my eyes off of him for a second'....my arse!!

edit on 27-5-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

I like the dude. He's honest and experienced poly-addict.

Very informative on meth and other stuff too. He talks both about the positives and negatives and we should too.
I could say similar but different stuff about CBD believe it or not. It's not super important to appear in each Cannabis thread and under each Cannabis video but most people are still in a complete denial in order to make it legal. Not that it shouldnt be.
It boosts your own anandamide as a re-uptake inhibitor. It's similar to antidepressants serotonine re-uptake inhibitors. A pill or two wont give you a strong high yet they are indeed psycho-active.
I like to talk about CBD. Talking about CBD and Cannabis is addictive.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
a reply to: Wafflecoptor
So, is there anything that cannabis doesn't make better? I've been partaking daily for 45 years now and I'm strong, healthy and active. And I take absolutely no medications... other than the occasional ibuprofen for my back. I consider it a gift from God to mankind. Thank you, God.

i agree , why do humans have an endo cannabinoid system ,because our species has used it for millenia for health reasons for over 10,000 years we have been eating and smoking this plant
it is a super plant and is a direct opponent to pharma and food monopolies

All animals have endocannabinoid system. Most of them never smoked, ate or saw a Cannabis plant.

edit on 27/5/2020 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: PapagiorgioCZ

I like the dude. He's honest and experienced poly-addict.

Very informative on meth and other stuff too. He talks both about the positives and negatives and we should too.
I could say similar but different stuff about CBD believe it or not. It's not super important to appear in each Cannabis thread and under each Cannabis video but most people are still in a complete denial in order to make it legal. Not that it shouldnt be.
It boosts your own anandamide as a re-uptake inhibitor. It's similar to antidepressants serotonine re-uptake inhibitors. A pill or two wont give you a strong high yet they are indeed psycho-active.
I like to talk about CBD. Talking about CBD and Cannabis is addictive.

Interesting.. And if we all get our heads out of our asses we can acknowledge that any chemical, natural or synthetic can become addictive if it creates pleasure, and its really no use to say stuff like, well its not like opiates where you have physical withdrawal symptoms,
yeah you get pyschological symptoms that can be ten times worse, or if you have messed up your reward system imagine how fun it will be when you realize its going to take years before you are going to feel good again.

We need education not pro or against propaganda, its not cool when an young person goes to a dispensary and and only is force fed some total BS by some dreadlock jesus wearing a shark tooth necklace.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Have you ever seen the film 'Requiem for a Dream'?
It's about drug dependence (not mj though) ...and is an absolutely brilliant film..... but so tragic.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

really how did they develop a system for processing cannabinoids if they have never consumed cannabinoids?

is it from a previous ancestor who did eat cannabis ?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Wow thats is interesting , they think that the Endocannabinoid system in animals first came into being around 600 million years ago in sea creatures.
They dont fully know how it occured in animals and believe it could be horizontal gene trasnfer

So does this mean that cannabis is over 600 million years old ?

Searching for the evolutionary origins of cannabinioid receptors

The discovery of CB receptors led to an enigmatic question: why do animals have receptors for a cannabis compound? Pirozynski (1988)suggested that these kinds of “puzzling phenomena” could be caused byhorizontal gene transfer (HGT). HGT is the nonsexual transmission ofDNA between genomes of unrelated, reproductively isolated organ-isms (Rosewich and Kistler 2000). Scientists steeped in Darwinian the-ory tend to dismiss the significance of HGT

this article states the first fossilised pollen was about 19.6 million years ago
we may finally know the origin of cannabis

So how can animals have a receptor for a plant that doesnt exist yet according to science ?

maybe the plant is a lot older than we think

weird , unless ive got my wires crossed.

anyway interesting system , shame I never learned about it during physiotoxicology at universrity
guess they arent interested in one of the most important systems in the human body

The Endo cannabinoid system in animals

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Mabey God banned the rest of the animals from getting their smoke on?

Hence our opposable appendages.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

well mate im puzzled, god obviously put the receptors in early and then decided not to release the cannabis patch until 420 million years ago or something like that hahahah

But then god apparently has a penchant for beetles "not THE Beetles" but beetles over 6000 species of beetle more than any other animal on earth.

Now they dont have ECS , insects are one of the groups that dont have the ECS

god loves beetles but doesnt like to get them stoned
edit on 28-5-2020 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Its so awesome weed causes zero problems and his just like eating cereals, no bad thing can happen to an individual or society because of this medicine.

So your perfect example is a video of a Soy Boy?

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

And now you reverted back to just being confrontational, like a basic stoner?

..that is another thing i wanted to address,, also the narcissistic tendencies it encourages..
But have to save that for another day when i have to interrupt a green circlejerk.

..Weed is an interesting subject also because its one of those things that seeps in the identity of the user, and when they feel someone is attacking the plant, they experience being attacked themselves..
edit on 28-5-2020 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: solve that's because you are personally attacking us and labeling us as useless stoners when you know nothing about any of us other than we partake in weed. what you're not understanding is that it's not the weed that can destroy someone's life, it's their own self destructive personalities and what they chose to do.

The truth is, whoever you know that was harmed while smoking weed probably would have gone the same route even if it wasn't weed that they chose

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
Have you ever seen the film 'Requiem for a Dream'?
It's about drug dependence (not mj though) ...and is an absolutely brilliant film..... but so tragic.

Hilariously melodramatic.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I believe the people who say that CBD by itself is not all that effective without the the complex THC and the rest of the more subtle cannabinoids working with it. It's like processing high fructose corn syrup out of corn. Not all that good for you.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:24 PM
link   

or if you have messed up your reward system imagine how fun it will be when you realize its going to take years before you are going to feel good again.

I have to tell you, that message is not helping any addicts out. From personal experience, having that said to me(20yrs ago), was very deflating, took away the one thing I needed at the time..hope! I'll never forget hearing it, It's not true either..at least in my case.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

And now you reverted back to just being confrontational, like a basic stoner?

Annnnnnd, your argument just fell flat

posted on May, 29 2020 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Imagine being that passionate about carrots..

They are life savers you know, and nobody rushes in like a knight in shining armor if i say something anti-carrots.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join