It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorities slammed in Daytona Beach during Memorial Day weekend with shooting massive crowds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Massive chaos in Daytona Beach Florida !!!

Crowds going crazy !!!

Shootings !!!

Lifeguards busy rescuing people !!!

My God what's next?

Authorities ‘slammed’ in Daytona Beach during Memorial Day weekend with shooting, massive crowds

Six people were wounded Saturday in a Daytona Beach shooting as massive crowds gathered during Memorial Day weekend.

Daytona Police Chief Craig Capri said Sunday at a news conference that two people were shot around 7:30 p.m. on South Ocean Avenue near Breakers Oceanfront Park. Police later discovered four people were hit by shrapnel during the shooting. None of the injuries are life-threatening, he said.

Capri said the victims are not cooperating with the investigation and police have not arrested any suspects.

Multiple agencies, including the Volusia County Sheriff’s Office and Daytona Beach Police Department, said they prepared for an influx of people during the holiday weekend. The state began its phased reopening earlier this month from shutdowns meant to slow the spread of the coronavirus, and scores of Floridians headed oceanside.

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I guess that's the way you honor vets on Memorial Day in Daytona. Disgusting. Oh and the media will make it look like a peaceful gathering. Amazing this is what America has become. No respect. This is shameful.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I just spent the last week enjoying Florida beaches:

St. Augustine day 1
New Smyrna day 2
Looking boats day 3
Cocoa Beach day 4

Everyone was social distancing.

Lots of Sheriffs and Life guards.

Lots of happy people having fun!

We had a wonderful vacation.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   
That Dude in a white car is throwing money out to everybody .

It’s probably the quickest way in the world to start a riot . 🤑
edit on 24-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)[/

Edit;

Only action shot I could catch

edit on 25-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
That Dude in a white car is throwing money out to everybody .

It’s probably the quickest way in the world to start a riot . 🤑

Or a new political movement? But they’re pretty much the same thing anyway.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:57 PM
link   
They should ban Burger Kings.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I love Daytona.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

deleted,,,,not worth it
edit on V422020Mondayam31America/ChicagoMon, 25 May 2020 01:42:50 -05001 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
By the way you hear how the Chinese are cracking down on Hong Kong citizens again? Only true spirited brave Chinese citizens in Hong Kong are rising up and are protesting again. Long live freedom and pray that justice rend all contriving foxes to there knees.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:51 AM
link   
What are the typical Memorial Day Holiday weekend statistics for Daytona Beach?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Based on the demographics I'm surprised this is even news.

Victims/witnesses refusing to cooperate with police.

I guess nobody is going to march for justice this time.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
DISGUSTING.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The Daytona Beach Police Department and the Volusia County Sheriff's Office held a news conference about the crowds on Sunday afternoon.

Investigators said they received information that a party called "Orlando Invades Daytona" would happen on Memorial Day weekend.

They were able to speak to promoters and cancel the event, but crowds still showed up to the city from various parts of Florida, including Orlando, Seminole County and even Miami.

Despite the shooting at a 7-Eleven near the boardwalk and the massive crowds, Daytona Beach Police Chief Craig Capri said the day was peaceful. However, he said, "I'm not downplaying any of these events. The shooting was very serious. The crowds were very serious."

He went on to explain that police were able to de-escalate the crowds, especially as people surrounded a man throwing money from his vehicle on a crowded roadway.

www.fox13news.com...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
I guess nobody is going to march for justice this time.

Should have dispersed that crowd with a barrage of Willie Pete.

I like to see people get upset over justice.

Plus, the collateral issues would justify a nice makeover for a blighted city ... that used to be home to the world's most famous beach.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It sounds like "the community" and media allies got exactly what they asked for: kinder, gentler, law enforcement that just stands by while the mayhem unfolds. Heaven forbid anyone is detained, searched, stopped, frisked, tazed or arrested. We must avoid social injustice at all costs; property rights, public safety, ability to walk with your kids down the street without witnessing a degenerate circus, these are subordinate concerns now.

The "community" and their media allies whine and b!tch when the police do their job, and whine and b!tch when they don't do their job. We have seen the same thing in Connecticut in some of the larger cities. It got so bad a while back that city councilman Ernie Newton posed a question that maybe stop and frisk should be considered to stop the incessant violence. Mr. Newton, who is black, was absolutely shredded for even broaching the topic.

Why anyone would want to go into law enforcement amazes me, it's not even the risk and dealing with criminals you need to watch out for, your career is subject to cancellation at any time for any lapse in judgement, an instant of poor temperament, or bad decision making. A precisely edited video segment will air on every news outlet around, with context and entirety of the video cleanly spliced out, showing what an awful human being you are. The same media bufoons who in the Daytona Beach story are criticizing police for INaction, will be imploring the city for your firing. Can't win either way.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

THAT... was the world's "most famous" beach?

No wonder the crowd scene at the jetty was always so light. Better surf too.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Any defiance at this point is completely warranted.

Shootings however, are not.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
THAT... was the world's "most famous" beach?

Back when I was a kid. The Daytona 500 might have had something to do with its popularity too.

You used to be able to drive and park your car right on the beach. People did it for decades and decades, and then a few whiners ruined it for everyone.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I used enjoy gill netting when I was a kid.

Then more and more and more and more people started doing it. Fish got real scarce.

It's more people, not "a few whiners", which tends to ruin things. Secret spots are now all over Instagram.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

top topics

join