It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 100,000 narrative started to be pushed today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

You are welcome to your opinion. Though your distortion of the CDC guidelines would have me question your impartiality.
And good luck to you.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You are welcome to your opinion. Though your distortion of the CDC guidelines would have me question your impartiality.
And good luck to you.

No need to question it. My impartiality against the CDC, USDA and FDA is well-documented. It helps that I have sat in meetings with both their inspectors and leaderships.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: chr0naut

the numbers are messed up, idiot from Florida was saying if I get tested as a positive and needed 2 consecutive negatives to be released from quarantine each positive is reported as a positive test.

Colorado changed their way of reporting and cut 300-400 off their numbers, other coroners have said they were told to put every death as covid related if the body tested positive.

Spain shaved something like 3k off their death count as well after some issues arose with the way they kept the books also.

cdc statistics only shows 70 odd thousand death certificates, yet everyone reports we are pushing 100k.

CDC

I honestly have no earthly idea what the heck the real numbers are, someone is lying and that has to be pushed down from somewhere up the totem pole, and no I have no clue who.

Only 70 thousand dead. That's nothing!

70,000 / 3,500,000 = 0.02%

It's not nothing, but statistically it's pretty darn close. That doesn't take away from the lives lost, but one can argue that most of those people were already close to their time from other ailments which likely were the primary drivers of their deaths.

Where is the 3.5 mill number coming from and are you aware that it would be 2% not 0.02% ?

edit on 25/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Is that why you distorted what the guidelines actually say?
Do you think that disinformation is helpful?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

the numbers are messed up, idiot from Florida was saying if I get tested as a positive and needed 2 consecutive negatives to be released from quarantine each positive is reported as a positive test.

Colorado changed their way of reporting and cut 300-400 off their numbers, other coroners have said they were told to put every death as covid related if the body tested positive.

Spain shaved something like 3k off their death count as well after some issues arose with the way they kept the books also.

cdc statistics only shows 70 odd thousand death certificates, yet everyone reports we are pushing 100k.

CDC

I honestly have no earthly idea what the heck the real numbers are, someone is lying and that has to be pushed down from somewhere up the totem pole, and no I have no clue who.

Like Teikiatsu pointed out, not nothing, but damn close. That ranks it right around flu season numbers, which is continuously brushed off as not enough to worry about or even compare with because Covid's overly plumped up numbers are bigger. Well, not so much anymore, people, time to swallow that one. Like it or not.

Yes but Teikiatsu divided it by 3.5 million. I'm wondering where that number came from. According to the latest figures, 1,662,250 are currently infected with the virus in the US. Which is a mortality rate of 0.04211 or 4.2%.

Teikiatsu also said it was 0.02% but 70,000/3500000 = 0.02 which is equivalent to 2%

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:11 PM
link   

It does not take a rocket scientist to see he intended to type 350,000,000 (US population) and messed up & lacked a zero. Big whoop, his percentage is sound with the (extremely simple) correction.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

CDC

Like Teikiatsu pointed out, not nothing, but damn close. That ranks it right around flu season numbers, which is continuously brushed off as not enough to worry about or even compare with because Covid's overly plumped up numbers are bigger. Well, not so much anymore, people, time to swallow that one. Like it or not.

Yes but Teikiatsu divided it by 3.5 million. I'm wondering where that number came from. According to the latest figures, 1,662,250 are currently infected with the virus in the US. Which is a mortality rate of 0.04211 or 4.2%.

Teikiatsu also said it was 0.02% but 70,000/3500000 = 0.02 which is equivalent to 2%

70,000 / 350,000,000

70 / 350,000

10 / 50,000

1 / 5000

0.02%

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Is that why you distorted what the guidelines actually say?
Do you think that disinformation is helpful?

What, I'm distorting data that's already massaged and distorted? Do you honestly think those numbers are 100% iron-clad valid?

This entire fiasco is a carnival of disinformation.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:34 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!

Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   

What, I'm distorting data that's already massaged and distorted?

It is this to which I was referring. The guidelines on reporting, not the statistics on deaths, not the statistics on cases. We know the CDC statistics are not reliable, primarily because there is a lag of weeks involved.

Because doctors and coroners have been directed to link 'COVID-related' to any deaths where the post-mortem shows a positive test result. It's why the say the numbers will probably be rolled back later, once more elaborate investigations can be done. But for now, fear sells.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This statement is false. It is disinformation. As I pointed out and you acceded to.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

CDC

70,000 / 350,000,000

70 / 350,000

10 / 50,000

1 / 5000

0.02%

OK. But why are you counting the uninfected in the mortality figures of a disease?

Surely those who don't have the disease, cannot die from it.

The mortality rate of a disease refers to the numbers who have the disease and die from it, not from total population pool.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Once again head meet wall .

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It does not take a rocket scientist to see he intended to type 350,000,000 (US population) and messed up & lacked a zero. Big whoop, his percentage is sound with the (extremely simple) correction.

OK, I just didn't expect someone to use the total population in a mortality figure.

If, for example, 10% of car accidents are fatal, you wouldn't divide the number of deaths by the whole population of the country. You would divide it only by those who were in car accidents. That would give you a car accident mortality figure.

The same for a disease, you wouldn't divide by the entire population, only by those who had the disease.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   

What, I'm distorting data that's already massaged and distorted?

It is this to which I was referring. The guidelines on reporting, not the statistics on deaths, not the statistics on cases. We know the CDC statistics are not reliable, primarily because there is a lag of weeks involved.

Because doctors and coroners have been directed to link 'COVID-related' to any deaths where the post-mortem shows a positive test result. It's why the say the numbers will probably be rolled back later, once more elaborate investigations can be done. But for now, fear sells.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This statement is false. It is disinformation. As I pointed out and you acceded to.

Yes, and after some discussion I revised to a statement that excluded car wrecks, etc. Omission of that revision is disinformation.

And there is a grey area with government guidelines and you know it. New York and Colorado took it to the extreme, as I pointed out. Would you feel better if I said 'doctors and coroners have been guided to link...' ?

edit on 25-5-2020 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

And there is a grey area with government guidelines and you know it.
You clearly stated that there was a "directive." There was no such directive.

New York and Colorado took it to the extreme, as I pointed out.

No. Neither one had anything to do with CDC guidelines.

In New York death certificates were completed at the discretion of the coroner or medical examiner, as has always been the case. The examiner, based on other evidence, named the cause of death as COVID even though there had been no test. The examiner's discretion. Always. You can assume it was not COVID, if you wish but you were not there. Were you?

In Colorado, the Health Department did not use the death certificates findings.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Out of those who have been tested and reported there is an almost 6% mortality rate. 1.7 million tested and 100k dead. The reason so many are confused is simply the media. It was done on purpose.

I do not believe any state has a correct number of deaths.
I do not believe any agency has a correct number of deaths.
I do not believe we will ever know how many died from it.

However.

I do believe it kills and at a high rate among infected.
I do believe there are a lot more carriers than we know.
I do believe there are a lot more recovered than we know.

COVID is deadly. Do not worry. Wait till the number start to drop on the 25 states that are now hot spots. Wave 2 of a pandemic is always worse and will be here. So stock back up on TP and Ramen this ride is not over.

edit on Maypm31pmf0000002020-05-26T12:32:46-05:001246 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If you live in the USA you have a .02% chance to die from COVID-19.

We'll never know the true % chance to catch it since we don't have 100% testing, and figures already show a % of those being tested had it previously with no symptoms nor awareness.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

If you live in the USA you have a .02% chance to die from COVID-19.

We'll never know the true % chance to catch it since we don't have 100% testing, and figures already show a % of those being tested had it previously with no symptoms nor awareness.

But surely that changes with a number of factors, the main one being the number of points of infection, which relates to the number of people who are getting infected and are infectious themselves.

Think of it this way, if you never come across anyone infected with the virus, your chances of getting it are zero (not 0.02%). But if someone that you come into frequent contact with has the virus, then your chance of getting the virus is high (50%-80% or something, not 0.02%).

It has nothing to do with the total population (whether they are infected or not), the majority of which you will not come into contact with and so you can never catch the virus from them.

So, calculating the likelihood that someone will die from COVID-19 complications, relates them actually having COVID-19. They can't die of it if they don't have it.

That is why the 0.02% figure is not valid as a 'chance of someone dying from COVID-19', it doesn't relate to anything practical.

The current 'official' mortality in the US from COVID-19, as a percentage of those infected, is 6%.

edit on 26/5/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join