It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 60% of the population might have some immunity against COVID-19 .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I go into the office once or twice a week. Since we don't interact with the general public there is no mandate to wear masks. There is one employee who does so, when I interact closely with him I do so, out of courtesy.
edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Fallingdown

Even without the masks ? 😷

STUDY: 455 people were exposed to a Covid-19 infected person who did not exhibit symptoms. (Asymptomatic)

None of the 455 contracted Covid-19. But the way the study's "conclusion" is written, it seems the result wasn't what they had hoped for.

Conclusion: In summary, all the 455 contacts were excluded from SARS-CoV-2 infection, and we conclude that the infectivity of some asymptomatic SARS-CoV-2 carriers might be weak.
Source for Study: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Bottom Line: GOOD NEWS.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

None of the 455 contracted Covid-19.

224 of them were in full PPE.

It is noteworthy that all personnel working in ED must take medical protection – namely, using N95 mask, putting on isolation gown and wearing goggle.

The statistics of 35 patients are displayed in Table 2. All patients also wore masks except for eating or drinking and were admitted to infectious department for medical isolation.

In total, 196 family members were enrolled. The situation on wearing masks was the same as that in patients.

224+35+196 = 445 Did I do the math right?
All of them were in full PPE or masked? For the entire time the patient was in the hospital?

The study is from a single patient in January.

The limitation of our study is that there is only one case and lack of detailed information on family members quarantined locally.

www.sciencedirect.com...
edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Weak point then, immunity may stoll occur if you had a different coronavirus strain infection before, however said immunity may last only a couple of weeks if theres one at all, may last a year or two too.. no one seems to know, this is all speculation so far.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: RadioRobert

In tiny aerosols unlikely to be filtered by surgical- or cloth masks. As opposed to people with sputum which tends toward larger droplets...

My favorite mask (of three) consists of three layers of tightly woven cotton with a removable insert (I use a triple folded paper towel). I don't think it stops everything, but something is better than nothing. It does "puff out" when I breathe, that indicates that air molecules do not flow through it unimpeded and how small are they? And, I do occasionally cough and clear my throat normally.

No skin off my nose to use it, so to speak.

That is the only real benefit. It does limit the spread of droplets you produce. So it offers no benefit to those uninfected wearing it, it only benefits the uninfected if someone infected is wearing it.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Some evidence to support the speculation.

The study, published Aug. 4 in the journal Science, found that immune cells known as T cells that recognize common cold coronaviruses also recognize specific sites on SARS-CoV-2 — including parts of the infamous "spike" protein it uses to bind to and invade human cells.

www.msn.com...

But the infection numbers seem to indicate that it may not be as effective as hoped, if at all.

edit on 8/6/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So we're all doomed doomed says Phage

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Where did I say that, exactly?
Ever. About anything?

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   

But the infection numbers seem to indicate that it may not be as effective as hoped, if at all.

So little hope - if at all of T-cells being able to defeat the Covid-19. reads like a extremely happy and positive bit of news not....

it is very gloomy outlook to portray based on tiny numbers of the world population that are being hospitalized with this virus.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

You're right.
Much better to just hope it will go away.

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
Good study. Natural Immunity is likely one reason why fewer Americans contracted Covid-19 than the H1N1 virus.

H1N1 ballooned to 60 million cases in the US from 2009 thru 2010. Sadly, it focused on children.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Aug, 6 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Natural Immunity is likely one reason why fewer Americans contracted Covid-19 than the H1N1 virus.
You're looking at 12 months. It's been six months of COVID so far.

From April 12, 2009 to April 10, 2010, CDC estimated there were 60.8 million cases

Maybe the infection rate will slow down all by itself. Maybe it will go away entirely.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well, better than hoping it doesn't and you getting to gloat over being right about all the dead and sick people.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm not gloating.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   
... might explain the 'no symptoms' folks.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So why not find a way to infect people with the every day Caronavirus common cold? If it doesn't help than all people lost was a few days of being sick.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Just about every human has been infected by a coronavirus at some point of their lives. That's sort of the whole point of this discussion.

edit on 8/7/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TzarChasm

I go into the office once or twice a week. Since we don't interact with the general public there is no mandate to wear masks. There is one employee who does so, when I interact closely with him I do so, out of courtesy.

Well aren't you privileged.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
... might explain the 'no symptoms' folks.

Dang hi FF long time no see.

posted on Aug, 7 2020 @ 09:37 PM
link   

who say you are?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join