It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up to 60% of the population might have some immunity against COVID-19 .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That would be wonderful.

But I'm still going to wear my mask.

At least for a while

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The answer is, they don't know if it can carry effectively over to COVID-19,

If it could carryover effectively to Covid 19.

What would the two vehicles be for that transmission ? ( sounds like a building a car ) 🤔

BTW

Thank you for using the word “effectively” I always get it messed up . Lol
edit on 24-5-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

What would the two vehicles be for that transmission ?
Just one. T cells.

T cells that "recognize" other coronaviruses, would "recognize" the one that causes COVID-19 and destroy it. Even though it is not the same virus, just a member of the same family. That's the speculation.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
So how about the reason is due to "Protected Group Immunity" Protected Group Immunity, Not a Vaccine, is the Way to Stop the COVID-19 Pandemic

Due to the lengthy development of at least 2 years, vaccines are not effective for stopping or controlling new epidemics. Group immunity (as the term "herd" generally implies animals other than humans) may be the only way to stop an ongoing new epidemic. However, unprotected exposure of the public to new pathogens (viruses) may result in high morbidity, mortality and economic losses. It may also seem irresponsible or unethical for governments not to offer any protection to its citizens. Early and sufficient use of vitamin C (along with vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium and other nutrients) is able to offer a high level of protection. A strategy of combining supplements of vitamin C and other nutrients with traditional herd immunity to form the basis of the "Protected Group Immunity" is worth further study and may become a better preventive measure to stop Covid-19 and future epidemics.

If the bodies defense prevents us even catching the disease it doesn't trigger an antibody you want find it in a test.

Our natural defense mechanisms including nutrients like vitamin C are among the few options that meet the above characteristics. They can defend us from catching diseases, and can prevent the disease from progressing. Other such nutrients include vitamin D3, zinc, magnesium, selenium etc.

Therefore as mentioned above some people sharing in enclosed space for month only 1 catches it the other doesn't is it because of the health of the body?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

The Common Flu is a form of coronavirus

No it isn't.

Yes it IS .................NEXT .......

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:39 AM
link   

T cells are not antibodies.

We can thank a lot of what we know about this to the massive studies to combat HIV...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

You are not displaying your macho toughness and superior immunity by not wearing one. You are just being a jerk.

LOL! "Macho toughness"??? "Superior immunity"???

Nope. This might shock your senses, but while macho is obviously your thing, it sure ain't mine! And for those of us with existing conditions adversely affected by masks, it has nothing to do with any "superior" immunity. That doesn't even make any sense!

But I very much appreciate you making it crystal clear to me that mask-shamers like you really don't give a rat's patootie who is hurt, as long as you can sit on your high horse and talk trash. I can't trust you or anyone else that refuses to consider or respect the needs of others.

I won't be wearing any masks. And the more jerks make clear that they can and will hurt me for their own purposes, the more adamant I shall be about it. I'll wear that as a badge of honor and courage in the face of the bullies and mini-tyrants who think I give a rat's patootie what they think!

Don't like it, then maintain proper social distancing and stay the hell away from me.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
So how about the reason is due to "Protected Group Immunity" Protected Group Immunity, Not a Vaccine, is the Way to Stop the COVID-19 Pandemic

Thank you for posting -- this is fascinating!

This is much food for thought...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Common Flu is a form of coronavirus , Covid-19 is just a Bastardized Version of it and it stands to Reason Some Peoples Immune Systems can Overcome it if Need be ,,,,,,,,

No. Zero truth to that.

Flu is an Influenza virus. Example, Influenza A
Class‎: ‎Insthoviricetes Species‎: ‎Influenza A virus
Order‎: ‎Articulavirales Genus‎: ‎Alphainfluenzavirus

Covid-19 is a Coronavirus
Class‎: ‎Pisoniviricetes Species‎: ‎SARS-CoV-2
Order‎: ‎Nidovirales Genus‎: ‎Betacoronavirus

They are not even close to related, they are not even the same class of virus.
edit on 25-5-2020 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
That would be wonderful.

But I'm still going to wear my mask.

At least for a while

It very likely could help if you get infected from infecting others. Your mask won't do anything to protect you though.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: xuenchen
Exposed is exposed so mask should have a little if no affect .

The only potential benefit for masks is to protect others from yourself if you are spewing the virus in your spittle.

If you aren't coughing/hacking or a spit talker, they do little to nothing.

##TheNewNormal

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Not much to hang one's hat on. But it's good that a lot of research is being done.

Whether this immunity is relevant in influencing clinical outcomes is unknown—and cannot be known without T cell measurements before and after SARS-CoV-2 infection of individuals—but it is tempting to speculate that the crossreactive CD4+ T cells may be of value in protective immunity, based on SARS mouse models (Zhao et al., 2016). Clear identification of the crossreactive peptides, and their sequence homology relation to other coronaviruses, requires deconvolution of the positive peptide pools, which is not feasible with the cell numbers presently available, and time frame of the present study.

www.cell.com...

We do know that it is highly infectious. And we know that mice are not men.

Highly infectious is how herd immunity happens. And if men are not mice, then why do we act like mice?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: xuenchen
Exposed is exposed so mask should have a little if no affect .

The only potential benefit for masks is to protect others from yourself if you are spewing the virus in your spittle.

If you aren't coughing/hacking or a spit talker, they do little to nothing.

##TheNewNormal

Which is why the WHO, UK, Sweden, etc tell people not to wear masks unless they are sick, but the mind control is strong in the US, where mask wearers are convinced there is some sort of consensus that masks are good for everyone because you might be asymptomatic. Seems to me if you're asymptomatic, you're not coughing, sneezing, runny nosed, etc which is what the mask could actually help mitigate to some small degree.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Seems to me if you're asymptomatic, you're not coughing, sneezing, runny nosed, etc which is what the mask could actually help mitigate to some small degree.

Talking and breathing expel aerosols from your mouth and nose.
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.medicalnewstoday.com...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Vitamin D is the key. But naturally, e.g. sunlight. Supplements help, but not optimal. The Catch-22 is getting outside when being told to avoid going outside (leaving the house). Those with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to experience Covid complications.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Seems to me if you're asymptomatic, you're not coughing, sneezing, runny nosed, etc which is what the mask could actually help mitigate to some small degree.

Talking and breathing expel aerosols from your mouth and nose.

In tiny aerosols unlikely to be filtered by surgical- or cloth masks. As opposed to people with sputum which tends toward larger droplets...

I'd bet dollars to donuts that asymptomatic people are less contagious for a variety of reasons, starting with viral load, the nature of coughing/sneezing, mucus, how those symptoms transfer contagion to the infected person's hands/clothes, et al

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Tiny aerosols which surgical and cloth masks do nothing to protect against.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
"We do know that it is highly infectious. And we know that mice are not men."

Highly infectious is how herd immunity happens. And if men are not mice, then why do we act like mice?

The degree of 'infectiousness' is irrelevant. The degree of virulence is what is most important.

Regardless, someone with a truly strong immune system can be exposed to all kinds of highly infectious and virulent things - including all of the influenza's, and yes, SARS-Cov/Cov-2 - and not have any reaction at all.

So... get healthy, don't worry, be happy...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   

In tiny aerosols unlikely to be filtered by surgical- or cloth masks. As opposed to people with sputum which tends toward larger droplets...

My favorite mask (of three) consists of three layers of tightly woven cotton with a removable insert (I use a triple folded paper towel). I don't think it stops everything, but something is better than nothing. It does "puff out" when I breathe, that indicates that air molecules do not flow through it unimpeded and how small are they? And, I do occasionally cough and clear my throat normally.

No skin off my nose to use it, so to speak.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:24 PM
link   

My favorite mask (of three) consists of three layers of tightly woven cotton with a removable insert (I use a triple folded paper towel). I don't think it stops everything, but something is better than nothing. It does "puff out" when I breathe, that indicates that air molecules do not flow through it unimpeded and how small are they? And, I do occasionally cough and clear my throat normally.

No skin off my nose to use it, so to speak.

I take it you aren't forced to wear ppe at work? Or do you enjoy employed at home?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join