It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Such a rare occurrence...rain.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Around here, it rains for 15 minutes and then stops. Oh sure, it might bluster, and thunder, and scare the dogs, and lightning (and start some fires)...and sometimes there's even tornadoes, but rarely does it ever rain for very long.

Well, tonight it rains, finally. Just rains and rains. For those who live in rainy areas, you will never know how nice this truly is...just to have it rain.

I love the rain. It's like Christmas to me. Precious rain.

We have no shortage of snow in the winter, but rain is rare on the plains, any quantity of it anyway. Sometimes months go by with no rain. When I was growing up in Wyoming, years would seemingly go by with no rain. It just never rained. Never. When it did, it would rain so hard everything just ran off.

I love the rain. Just love it.

People used to freak out at me when we were stationed in Michigan. I'd take the boat out in the rain. Caught more fish than anyone else...in the rain. I just love the rain.

Rain is life.

This Memorial Day I sit here in the rain, and I couldn't be happier. Finally...rain! I'm sorry about all the campers who got rained out, but, we got...RAIN!

And, it rains...sweet rain.

Tonight I am happy...it rains.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I'm told that rain is supposed to be coming our way for the next few days.

We do actually need it this year.

I would add that people in rainy areas rarely experience the canyon sized cracks that can develop in your lawn from lack of rain in the plains. Now the desert folks get it.

But few people also understand the changeable nature of weather in the plains. All here and gone, but steady rain for hours at a time is rare.
edit on 24-5-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I like rain. I like the smell from the rain in the air and on the ground. When it’s raining, I think to myself at least it’s not snowing, haha! We get a lot of snow, and winter seems to last forever here. So rain makes me happy and makes me feel grateful. It cleans the air and everything looks so pretty after the rain is done.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
I love the sound of rain. Really. It is in true 3D, it surrounds and has texture.

There is no peace like sitting on a verandah and just listening to it.

It is always a reminder of how inadequate our technology (which renders glorious rain down to a flat and formless hiss) is.

... and it fills the tanks up, too.

... and after a good rain, it is like the world is reborn. The air is clearer. The grass greener.

Love it.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Rain is one of my daughters middle names 🤙

I named her that

edit on 24-5-2020 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

the area that i live in is officially in drought mode today it rained a light rain my wife thinks i'm nuts for standing with my ear to my water tank listing to the water running into it a great sound not even botherd about getting wet oh the joy

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I feel for you; I like you, Love the rain!

I grew up in New England, where it rains a good amount. Growing up, the neighborhood kids and I would clog the street drains with leaves when it was downpouring and wave the passing cars to hit the puddles so we could get drenched by the wave, most people obliged 😊

Nothing is more relaxing than falling asleep during a rainstorm that lulls you to sleep.

When I moved to AZ, I missed the rain so badly. The rhythm of it, the smell as it hits the pavement.

I’m glad you got some rain finally!

join