It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alyssa Milano Is A Dumbass

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Why are you people so against masks? It lowers transmission for sure...look at the countries that use them. Why do you think hospital workers used them before this? I had a bad illness years ago and both me and the doctor wore masks. Why do you think governments are ordering so much PPE if it doesn't work? Straight delusional. It doesn't hurt you to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop in a store. Why do you think you're so special?

Why are you so offended by people wearing masks during a pandemic? All my life and I never thought “wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic” would be considered a political statement, but here we are.
edit on 24-5-2020 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Carbon filters have a varying degree of protection and only for a limited time.

The only actual protection from a virus would be a PAPR or a P100 mask.

You don't have that?

Then it might as well be a screen door.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It seems like to me that some people are resisting just for the sake of resisting. Why are you fighting a recommendation that won't hurt you to follow it? Is this the most useless piece of territory ever to fight over?

Maybe you should do your own due diligence about the safety of face masks -- especially for those with lung issues -- before presuming to know their motives. I can't even wear a face mask to clean my bathroom, which I'd very much like to do which is why I've tried.

Don’t wear face masks if you have lung conditions like asthma, say experts

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Her behavior and comments over the years presents an excellent argument for the existence of mind controlled/programmed celebrity entertainer/influencers to lead the way in social engineering of the younger populace.

But this photo right here proves it.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yeah except wearing a mask protects others from the disease if you're an asymptomatic carrier...we're dealing with a pandemic...take your head out of your a** and just wear it to prevent the spread...we need every % of coverage we can get. Wearing a mask prevents spread.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Epirus

Yeah except wearing a mask protects others from the disease if you're an asymptomatic carrier...we're dealing with a pandemic...take your head out of your a** and just wear it to prevent the spread...we need every % of coverage we can get. Wearing a mask prevents spread.

No, we don't. If someone is without infection but they have a breathing problem and pass out wearing a mask (it has happened) are you going to take care of their head injuries or pay for their funeral if they die from CO2 poisoning?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

No.

Wearing a mask has not proven that it prevents the spread.

And what ####ing good is the mask if I'm picking my nose on the way to Walmart, then put on my mask, then touch everything YOU'RE going to buy 5 minutes after I'm gone?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

That's 100% bull#...that is extremely rare like 1 in 100 million. Do your research...I worked in a field that requires masks being worn for 8 hours a day for asbestos removal...not one person had that problem. Quit the BS please. We are rational humans here...dealing with a pandemic throughout the entire world.

Side note: I do like your tattoo though.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Well the idea is to wash your hands often and especially after going to a store like that...it wouldn't matter if you did that if the person that touched it washed their hands after shopping like they're supposed to...stop reaching. Please just open up your brain and let's fight this together.

link   

Why are you people so against masks? It lowers transmission for sure...look at the countries that use them. Why do you think hospital workers used them before this? I had a bad illness years ago and both me and the doctor wore masks. Why do you think governments are ordering so much PPE if it doesn't work? Straight delusional. It doesn't hurt you to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop in a store. Why do you think you're so special?

Why are you so offended by people wearing masks during a pandemic? All my life and I never thought “wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic” would be considered a political statement, but here we are.

You're making sense. Stop doing that.

link   
a reply to: Epirus

I have to wear one up to six hours a day I tell you exactly why I dislike them:

Some masks give me a bad rash, on top of the head crunching headache that I have to endure everyday from rebreathing what my body naturally wants to expell.

If I am lucky, I get one without the stuff that gives me problems. So it is almost daily like throwing a coin if I get a bad rash on top of the headache or not.

link   

Well the idea is to wash your hands often and especially after going to a store like that...it wouldn't matter if you did that if the person that touched it washed their hands after shopping like they're supposed to...stop reaching. Please just open up your brain and let's fight this together.

*rolls eyes*

I'm in a hospital every damned day, so spare me the Hallmark moment.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

Thanks for the reply. That's true, I've encountered it(just the rash from wearing one for 10 hours...no headaches)...it's a small price to pay and most of the population would only have to wear one for less than an hour(nowhere near that time) at a time to shop and do what they need to.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Ugh? what hallmark moment? Maybe just open up your brain and stop crying...it's not hard to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop. You have bigger things to worry about.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

AGREED. The hypocrate left are constantly stepping on rakes 😂

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Epirus

Look at you, telling me how I have to martyr through.

You want me to bend over too? Sorry I'm not that kind.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think we are all hoping for a vaccine soon against DEM germs.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shibari

Not sure what that even means...? LOL

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It seems like to me that some people are resisting just for the sake of resisting. Why are you fighting a recommendation that won't hurt you to follow it? Is this the most useless piece of territory ever to fight over?

Maybe you should do your own due diligence about the safety of face masks -- especially for those with lung issues -- before presuming to know their motives. I can't even wear a face mask to clean my bathroom, which I'd very much like to do which is why I've tried.

Don’t wear face masks if you have lung conditions like asthma, say experts

Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

First of all, the Dr who wrote the stuff in the first link is one guy and has a lot of views that are not consistent with consensus. Second, the experts are not saying that not wearing a mask if you physically can't is good for you and that you won't catch the virus if you don't wear one. They're saying some people can't wear them. Which is not the same thing as if they were to say "Wearing a mask in a global pandemic that consists of a respiratory virus is a universally bad idea". For most people, wearing a mask is going to cut down on the transmission rate. Probably drastically. And is not going to hurt anything but the pride of some people who are resisting just because they want to.

Which, fine. You want to be stubborn? Fine. But in high enough numbers, this stubbornness will probably just extend the crisis and hurt everyone in the form of utterly wrecking whatever is left of the economy.

Want this to be over ASAP? It would seem to me that following recommendations for cutting down the transmission of a deadly virus would be a wise thing to do. Unless you want this to go on forever.
edit on 24-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Ugh? what hallmark moment? Maybe just open up your brain and stop crying...it's not hard to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop. You have bigger things to worry about.

Yeah, I do have bigger things to worry about than virtue signalling to the Karens who piss their Dockers when they see someone without a mask.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join