It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alyssa Milano Is A Dumbass

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So does a person who had the virus and is now cured for many weeks need to wear a mask?

After all can't reach catch and spread it again.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I guess it will come down to the point to where people who don't want to wear them will refuse to wear them and the stores they shop at will either let them in without one or they'll tell them to go someplace else. At the end of the day, they don't have to let you in if (in their opinion) you are putting yourself and others at risk. And I suppose those who want to let people in without a mask can do that too. I doubt the government can stop them all if many businesses choose to operate that way.

Time will tell. My money says that wearing a mask in public slows down the transmission of infectious respiratory diseases. Ironically, at some future date when evidence proves that masks saves lives, those establishments who did not enforce a mask policy may be open to liability action. If you're reasonably healthy, you will never get sued for wearing a mask for an hour in the grocery store. And you'll never have to live with the guilt of coughing on someone and giving them a fatal lung infection.
edit on 25-5-2020 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Epirus
Why are you people so against masks? It lowers transmission for sure...look at the countries that use them. Why do you think hospital workers used them before this? I had a bad illness years ago and both me and the doctor wore masks. Why do you think governments are ordering so much PPE if it doesn't work? Straight delusional. It doesn't hurt you to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop in a store. Why do you think you're so special?

Why are you so offended by people wearing masks during a pandemic? All my life and I never thought “wearing a mask in the middle of a pandemic” would be considered a political statement, but here we are.

Its because, for many of them, NOT wearing a mask is virtue signaling.

Many people are attacking Alyssa Milano because they don't agree with her politically.

I hate to even get into the mask discussion, as it is pointless, but the "no mask" crowd seems to think the "pro mask" crowd believes any covering provides 100% protection from all viruses. Surely there are some individuals who believe that, though I have not personally run into one yet.

You bave to struggle with basic physics and common sense to believe they don't help at all.

In the early days of this (before any talk of shut-down, but while travelers from Wuhan were showing up at US hospitals with #CCPVirus / the TedrosTroubles / 'Rona, I had to visit an Urgent Care for an injury. In the waiting room was a Chinese man, probably in his 50's, coughing up and out into the room, like a small child who never learned how to cough properly.

Saw it on my way thru the vestibule, walked back out, grabbed an N95 from my car and called, asking them if they could ask the guy in the waiting room to wear a mask (like the "if you are sick" sign said to do. )

Since people have a hard time understanding how masks work, sometimes an analogy, or physical demonstration will help:

Put a spray bottle up to the inside of a mask and spray dyed water into/through the mask, toward a paper towel inside another mask that's a few feet away. Note how much of the colored water gets on the paper towel.

Now, do the same without masks. Spray the colored water toward a paper towel directly and measure how much colored water got on the mask. Compare the two - did the two paper towels take on the same amount of droplets?

Those who believe masks won't help will have to explain how, when someone sneezes, none of the virus is contained within droplets, and that ALL of the droplets are of the smaller size, which permeates the mask. They will also have to explain how, of those droplets which are small enough to get through, none of them manage to be caught by the fibers, and instead, 100% of the virus manages to make it through the fibers.

Finally, you can try explaining viral load - the number of virus particles one is exposed to, and how a higher "dose" of the virus is likely to cause greater illness than a lower viral load.

All of this will be fruitless though. No-mask has become a virtue signaling political statement - no amount of logic is going to help with these people - they're the opposite side of the coin which has"shut down everything for 2 years" people on its other side.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   

1. Enough with the Mask-Nazi nonsense.
Those of us who refuse to live our lives in fear, or to bow to those who do, have a message for the rest of you — the time has come and gone for us to continue with this idiotic charade of wearing masks in public.

The mask is not an adequate defense against the COVID-19 virus, gang. The virus checks in at somewhere between 0.06 and 0.14 microns, meaning it’s too small for any commercially available mask to effectively filter it out. The pores on an N95 mask, which are the best masks you’re reasonably going to find, and the vast, vast majority of you are not going to have N95 masks but rather cloth masks which perform far less well, are 0.3 microns.

spectator.org...

Looks like the bunnycowboy wuz right.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Epirus
a reply to: DBCowboy

Ugh? what hallmark moment? Maybe just open up your brain and stop crying...it's not hard to wear a mask for 30 minutes while you shop. You have bigger things to worry about.

Yeah, I do have bigger things to worry about than virtue signalling to the Karens who piss their Dockers when they see someone without a mask.

This is so funny to read when also reading comments and tweets from virtue-signaling Karens who are against wearing masks.

Some of them even believe that because there are certainpeoplefor whom wearing a mask is a healthbirden (asthma, etc.) that means it isn't safe for anyone to wear a mask.

Heck, look at this thread - 3 pages in, and because Karens are so bothered by Alyssa Milano's politics, none of them can acknowledge that the crochet mask is a fashion piece containing actual filtration.

Is it ridiculous? Of course it is! She's a Hollywood weirdo! Does it hurt anything? Only the feelings of those who are super bothered by anything political lefties do.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

True, but also partially true.

Viral shed is what we are talking about here. The dried out virus flake that contains the nasty bits of genetic code to infect you is that small. But that little bit is encapsulated within a liquidity fatty tissue that keeps it alive and viable for a period of time (lipid). Lipids tend to be larger than .3 microns. So there is some protection, but the bad stuff can be pushed through rather easily, especially as a mask is loaded and becomes wet from condensation of your breath from wearing it all day long.

But don’t worry, the compound effects of rebreathing your carbon dioxide will probably hurt you faster and more seriously than you will if you happen to catch the Covid anyway.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2
So does a person who had the virus and is now cured for many weeks need to wear a mask?

After all can't reach catch and spread it again.

Do we know that? I have a young co-worker who returned after being down with the Rona, spent 3 days back, and is back out again, with similar symptoms (though hasn't yet been re-tested, opting to wait it out at home alone and see how it goes.)

I haven't seen anything yet which has said definitively that illness recovery grants immunity and inability to transmit.

Personally, I believe I'm immune as I've had plenty of contact with folks who ended up with the disease, as well as dozens of doctors, nurses and other healthcare workers over the past few months. Until masks were a requirement to enter our business (began May 1st, if I recall correctly), very few people wore masks.

That said, I don't want anyone who was very ill with the TedrosTroubles around me without both that person and myself having both some sort of mask and some distance between us.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

I think you may agree that Alyssa Milano signals many things, but virtue is pretty low on the list...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Who cares what some rich hollywood moron says. You can try to turn this around all you want but I havent seen anyone walk up to someone WEARING a mask and engage them with name calling and snitching. I have seen folks do it to non mask wearing people minding their own business on multiple occasions. It is elected leaders encouraging that and its happening. Stores can require masks but wii quickly back off it when business suffers...and it will. I know I wont walk into a business that requires them. I have choices. Your choice is to be scared and wear a mask and follow the loud virtue signaling mob? You go right for it. I'll be over here quietly going about my business, minding my own business. Not wearing a mask.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I feel the same way about idiots who won't coverup and social distance. I want to throat punch you morons and then sanitize.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How are they going to catch the Covid in their car?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

I feel the same way about idiots who won't coverup and social distance. I want to throat punch you morons and then sanitize.

So because you feel masks are so important you want to get super close to people not wearing one? Makes sense. Do you wear your mask in the car too?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: IAMTAT
I will only accept this "new normal" if I'm allowed to throat-punch people that irritate me.

I like you...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Wow, 11 pages over wearing a mask! So much anger, and for what? Because someone posted a picture of themselves wearing a mask? Who cares, the world is full of individuals with different opinions. I read several post about throat punching someone for their beliefs. I can only picture random people in crowds inflicting extreme violence to each other for something as stupid as to or not to wear a mask. It is very very sad.

Stores are private property, if they require you wear a tie to enter, then you need a tie to enter. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't shop there. Nothing to be upset about. Absolutely nothing.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: VekTorVik
Wow, 11 pages over wearing a mask! So much anger, and for what? Because someone posted a picture of themselves wearing a mask? Who cares, the world is full of individuals with different opinions. I read several post about throat punching someone for their beliefs. I can only picture random people in crowds inflicting extreme violence to each other for something as stupid as to or not to wear a mask. It is very very sad.

Stores are private property, if they require you wear a tie to enter, then you need a tie to enter. If you don't want to wear a mask, then don't shop there. Nothing to be upset about. Absolutely nothing.

The only one who posted about throat punching for differing beliefs was the liberal saying he wanted to throat punch people who didn't wear a mask because they believed different than him.

The rest said they wanted to throat punch people that irritate them, which I read as those who go crazy and get aggressive towards people who choose not to wear one.

As far as stores being private property, absolutely 100% agree, if they say wear a mask then wear one, or don't shop there.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Most masks you see people wearing provide zero protection from the evil Chi-com Virus.
They are no different than wearing a magic or religious talisman to ward off evil spirits.
A virus, however, is not a demon or a vampire.

If a mask becomes your personal magical amulet...and it makes you 'feel' protected and a 'good' person...go ahead and wear one.

Just don't try to force everyone else to be part of your religion.

edit on 25-5-2020 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Pretty much any mask offers zero protection to the wearer. Unless it's a fitted N-95 or better respirator, it's not doing the wearer much good. Surgical type masks almost certainly offer protection to others if the wearer is contagious though.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:08 AM
link   
She is annoying but you have to give her a break for being a childhood actor.
Hollyweird chews up and spits these kids out.

The things she must have seen and physically endured will damage the brain for life

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Milano posting her photo along with her caption:
“Show me your masks! Masks keep people safe and healthy. Show me yours! Ready? Go! #WearAMask”

...is saying to everyone that we're 'good' people, because we wear these useless masks...and if you don't wear useless masks like us, you're a bad and selfish person that wants to harm and kill other people.

It's no different than:

...a Christian saying:
“Show me your crucifix! Crucifixes keep people "Godly" and free from burning in hell. Show me yours! Ready? Go! #WearACross”

...a Muslim saying:
“Show me your Hijab! Hijabs keep women from being temptresses and whores. Show me yours! Ready? Go! #WearAHijab”

Alyssa Milano has every right to adopt her new religion...if it makes her feel like a 'good' person, or that it makes her better than everyone else.
More power to her.

Just don't say I'm a bad and selfish person that wants to hurt people, if I don't ALSO believe in wearing her magical amulet.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Bingo!!

I wear one at work, because I become unemployed if I don't...

Otherwise? If the stores I frequent require them, OK...don't like it, but causing waves is generally counter productive to being able to shop. But generally, I don't wear 'em.

Being mildly claustrophobic about things on my face, I'm exceedingly uncomfortable after a very short time, so it can make for interesting times at work, trying to find a spot out of the way to take the bloody thing off and breathe.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join