It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Reserve & U.S. Currency

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I think we got bigger problems than currency, backed by nothing----- [ sounds like a scam , eh ? ]

what we're kicking around here, is just evidence of something else going on

sorry I can't be more specific...

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Quote: "so what eventually happens then, if the currency is backed by virtually nothing? When does it reach the point that people wont use Dollars anymore."

You are missing the Point of what I am saying! First of all CASH or Federal Reserve Notes ARE backed up - by the Markets - by things like the GDP & Corporate/Government Stocks & Bonds.

Secondly CASH is not the only Form of "Dollars" - did you forget about Checks? Its all a matter of "Ownership" & "Commerce" - Dollars will not just simply go out of Existence - although the use of CASH in general might decrease with the use of Newer Technologies like "Debit Cards"! "Dollars" is a method of Valuation - "Dollars" is Consensus Reality!

posted on Jul, 1 2005 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "so what eventually happens then, if the currency is backed by virtually nothing? When does it reach the point that people wont use Dollars anymore."

You are missing the Point of what I am saying! First of all CASH or Federal Reserve Notes ARE backed up - by the Markets - by things like the GDP & Corporate/Government Stocks & Bonds.

Secondly CASH is not the only Form of "Dollars" - did you forget about Checks? Its all a matter of "Ownership" & "Commerce" - Dollars will not just simply go out of Existence - although the use of CASH in general might decrease with the use of Newer Technologies like "Debit Cards"! "Dollars" is a method of Valuation - "Dollars" is Consensus Reality!

ah, so the dollar is backed by the stock market.
so what happens if/when the stock market collapses?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Quote: "when the Stock Market collapses?"

Oh for God's Sake! Not just Stocks - Bonds, Gold, Diamonds, Food, Soap, Cotton, MicroChips, Gasoline & everything else on the Market! Those who wish to Buy Securities are Responsible for those Securities - that is how the Game works!

Do you have any idea how much Corporations like CitiGroup (Rothschild) & Chase Manhattan\J.P. Morgan (Rockefeller) are worth? They are not going to Collapse like a "pets.com" anytime soon Brainiac!

[edit on 2-7-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
so is there a way to see what assets they hold then?

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Quote: "so is there a way to see what Assets they hold then?"

Yes, OK - I guess that is what it comes down to: Accountability. With Public Governmental Institutions there is Accountability - with Public Corporations there is Accountability (they are required to Publicly Declare their Financial Data/Information).

Here is the Catch - like I said before the Federal Reserve is a *Private Corporation*.

Listen I am not a "FED" Apologist - I also am rather Disgusted by their Conduct - I doubt that their Raising of Short Term Interest Rates has anything to do with "Inflation" & personally I don't use Cash if I don't have too. All I am trying to say is that the Existence of the "FED" does not signal the end of the World - they are a Corporation that has a Monopoly on a certain Product. There are ways around it - I like to use Debit Cards & Checks!

Remember it is a "Free Market" & that this is a Capitalist Country - Cash or Paper Currency is still needed.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seraphim_Serpente
Quote: "so is there a way to see what Assets they hold then?"

Yes, OK - I guess that is what it comes down to: Accountability. With Public Governmental Institutions there is Accountability - with Public Corporations there is Accountability (they are required to Publicly Declare their Financial Data/Information).

Here is the Catch - like I said before the Federal Reserve is a *Private Corporation*.

Listen I am not a "FED" Apologist - I also am rather Disgusted by their Conduct - I doubt that their Raising of Short Term Interest Rates has anything to do with "Inflation" & personally I don't use Cash if I don't have too. All I am trying to say is that the Existence of the "FED" does not signal the end of the World - they are a Corporation that has a Monopoly on a certain Product. There are ways around it - I like to use Debit Cards & Checks!

Remember it is a "Free Market" & that this is a Capitalist Country - Cash or Paper Currency is still needed.

wow, hold on there is no way around it. Debit, credit, thats not the way around.
The way around is to get congress to dissolve the Federal Reserve.
Section 34, always been there, Congress reserves the power to alter or repeal the act (1913) at any time.

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 12:09 AM
link   
well I hate to break it to you , but according to fitts ,

the transparency is gone in gov't ! [ I dunno, I'm not the accounting type ]

and manipulating monkey shines have taken over....read this ;

www.scoop.co.nz...

she is suing the gov't , they screwed her over, like they screwed over INSLAW

eh ?

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

www.scoop.co.nz...

she is suing the gov't , they screwed her over, like they screwed over INSLAW

Seraphim_Serpente, you have been very informative about economics. Im interested to hear your take on this. Its a long one, but well worth the read. Check it out and get back to us.

posted on Jul, 10 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, if this isn't a little different; a thread that has been placed in PTS that should be in ATS!

Lord-A, here is another bit of info you might want to read:

www.healthfreedom.info...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join