It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

During This Memorial Day Weekend Please Don't Forget Our Vets And Our Fallen Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 07:03 AM
link   
ATS consists of a great bunch of people from all over the world.

This year, just about every one of us has been impacted by the Covid-19 crisis.

Some of us have been laid off, some have lost their jobs, and many are struggling to keep their small businesses afloat.

Then there are those who've gotten sick, or tragically lost a family member or friend to this virus.

As the Covid-19 crisis slowly improves throughout the US, many Americans have looked forward to this Memorial Day weekend.

It's a chance for many of them to be with family and friends, and to experience a sense of normalcy, after being forced to restrict their lifestyles, in order to combat this virus.

For those of us in the United States, celebrating this Memorial Day weekend, I ask you all to be grateful for what you have: the love of your partner, family and friends. I also ask you to be grateful for the men and women who serve our country.

Sadly, there seems to be a growing disconnect between the American people and our Military.

I get it...some Americans don't like that we get involved in too many conflicts around the world.

Well, IMO, you can thank our political leaders for that. They're elected to exercise good judgment on behalf of the American people, and have often failed to do just that.

So, what can be done to eliminate this overlooked civilian-military divide? Here's a great idea:

“Together, we need to discuss who we are and what our wars mean to us. Those of us in uniform have a responsibility to listen to our fellow citizens who may have different perspectives that we need to hear. For civilians, listen to the stories of our veterans. Instead of just saying ‘thank you for your service,’ try to understand what the experience of military service is like." -General Martin Dempsey

I hope that everyone enjoys this Memorial Day weekend with their loved ones. While you are preparing for your day, please take a moment to give thanks to our veterans and military families, as well as our nation’s fallen heroes. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
thanks for this thread....when I was 20...I saw two Dallas 28 year olds.....

go inverted into the Birds Of Prey.....desert cliff at night in a FB111-F

Always think of em, hit me hard....they were 28 never got over it....
edit on 24-5-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'm saddened that on the day that we remember and honor those who fell to defend our freedoms, we do it under a government mandated shut-down.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I was all ready for Carb Day weekend at the track, but a bunch of scared people ruined it for everyone.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Memorial day to me will always be about our fallen soldiers, if they want to have a holiday for fallen healthcare workers, then make a different holiday. We can always use another holiday to get together and socialize at, why not one that is about a disease that kept us antisocial for a long time.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I was all ready for Carb Day weekend at the track

Me also! My dad was a member of Speedway GC in the 60's-70's. I spent many a weekend there as a kid. I haven't missed a race in 30 years- skipped school for Carb day in thru the mid 70's

We know it's way more than just a race!

edit on 24-5-2020 by RTbigTOE because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2020 by RTbigTOE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Those who gave their lives willingly to save us all from tyranny are to be honoured and forever remembered for their sacrifice.

Let their memory guide us to defend the things they died to protect.

new topics

top topics

join