It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today I went to a garage sale

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I dont recall Mr. Occams stance on the virus, but that appears to be sarcasm.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Michael Doubl-e
edit on 5/24/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This thread shows why the US has the world's highest number of Covid-19 deaths

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
This thread shows why the US has the world's highest number of Covid-19 deaths

Not true!

Try using a figure that uses per capita if you are looking for accuracy.

Also let's not forget the murder of the elderly by a few governors who put covid patients back into nursing homes, the already confirmed fraudulent reportings on death by covid numbers yada yada
edit on 24-5-2020 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It's almost as if some are enjoying that statistic a little too much..

That is what's disturbing to me.

it's sorta like when they feign disgust with what President Trump said to Billy Bush, then continue to type the profanity out over and over instead of just saying "by the P" nope got to add the ussy... but it's so offensive..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Or like the people in certain threads so upset by the idea that churches are allowed to open back up and how all the stupid people will congregate together there and die, but they've likely been gatherings just as tight on the subways or at their local grocery store or Walmart or Lowe's ...

But, hey, we should keep the churches locked or people will die because they're dumb and will go there.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have so much to say about that, and yet I think it's better I refrain.

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor.

It's a very nuanced subject, I agree with you, just not in a way that would be a productive addition to this discourse.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

I'll just say that my point in that isn't a faith based argument. It's just the idea that people don't seem to get that allowing a gathering here or there is allowing a gathering.

If gatherings are uniquely dangerous for being a gathering, then it hardly matters what type of gathering it is, who is engaging in it, or where it takes place. It's still a gathering and uniquely dangerous by definition.

We can argue all we want about the necessity of this or that gathering, but the bottom line is always going to be that any gathering is still uniquely dangerous.

Either we disallow all gatherings or we allow that gatherings are gatherings, necessary or not. If one will kill, so will any other, and if you aren't keeping yourself free of all gatherings, then it hardly matters at all what your feelings on this or that gathering are. It's like the old arguments about sex used to be. You could feel morally superior to everyone else about their sexual peccadilloes ... right up until you had one, and then you had as many as your partner had even if you only ever had sex with your partner - you then had sex with them and sex with all their partners, and their partner's partners, and so on and so forth.

And since there is no way any of us can get through without having gatherings, no one can keep a moral high ground on this one. We're opening up whether or not people like it. And it makes no sense to deny some kinds of gatherings when you're already pretty much gathering with everyone through the necessary gatherings already.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Agreed.

100%

No argument from me on any of that..

If I can go to home depot and get a lawn mower,
Why can't I go to the mom and pops 5 and dime for a mother's day card...

We are on the same page Ket.

Same paragraph..

I would have added extra unnecessary sentences though..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Truthfully, we've been taking my son back to tae kwon do practice for almost three weeks now, ever since the shutdown restrictions eased. They opened up and they have been taking precautions, but no one has died yet or even gotten sick.

They do have social distancing spots marked out, but since they always had spots marked out on the floor to make sure everyone had enough space to work without anyone kicking or punching anyone else, it's pretty easy to just space those out a bit more. The kids are all already disciplined to stay on their spots as it is.

Then it was just a matter of reducing class sized and opening more sessions. Everyone signs up for spots instead of being able to pick and choose their classes like before.

And kiddo has really responded to being back in-house after weeks of Zoom and practicing on his own and the smaller class sizes. He's really been thriving.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
We were looking very forward to the garage sales this year, there's always something at them that we're already looking for & don't mind used.

I guess I'll just have to hone my garage sale radar to the illicit ones this year. People will have them, lockdown or not, just not as many.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Pm..

Envelope is broken

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Don't worry about it, and reply sent.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Im honestly just preparing for the next lockdown, or attempted lockdown as the case may be..

Luckily, all of that involves stuff I can use regardless and technology I think is cool.. so.. meh

I am rather amused by the Karens & Kevins that constantly talk about how they cant wait for things to go back to normal, yet do literally everything that will prevent that.

Wonder whatll happen if folks ever figure out pathogens spread in the jetstream and not just local weather

edit on 24-5-2020 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Bought a weed whacker and the wife bought some corningware bowls.

Wtf? This is not normal. How are you married and do not already have a lifetimes worth of corningware?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Or like the people in certain threads so upset by the idea that churches are allowed to open back up and how all the stupid people will congregate together there and die, but they've likely been gatherings just as tight on the subways or at their local grocery store or Walmart or Lowe's ...

But, hey, we should keep the churches locked or people will die because they're dumb and will go there.

Right, and Churches for the most part have their big gatherings just a few time a week, some now will meeting just once a week, Where as Walmart is open 7 days a week. Churches have a whole week to handle proper sanitation requirements. Also they people sit in one location for the majority of the time while they are in the facility.
edit on 24-5-2020 by Observationalist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Observationalist

originally posted by: The2Billies

originally posted by: Observationalist
a reply to: DBCowboy

Edit Rant: It’s will be an absolute nightmare if they tell us we have to go back inside.

The skeptic in me says, don’t get comfortable, they can pull the rug right back out from underneath us at any moment.

I'm sure you know that in the past 4 weeks more people have committed suicide in California than died of COVID 19 - and I'm sorry to say your Governor doesn't care.

I'm sorry you live under Democratic Party rule, it's so harsh and unyielding, so sorry.

If you live under a Democratic Party Governor, get ready, they will happily lock you back in your house "for your own good". They've shown how very much the Democratic Party loves to force Chinese style population controlling measures on the people.

Will putting people back in lockdown after suicide rates are now starting to exceed COVID 19 deaths in places like California and exceeded COVID 19 rates during the worst of lockdown in TN - tell us what might happen if "they" do it to us again? How about a full scale "the people against the elite political class war"? I think it is really close to happening in Whitmer's, Wolf's, Beshear's, and Newsom's states. When it has become clear that people would rather die than be locked in, what do they have to lose?

The alarming record breaking suicide rate exceeding COVID 19 death rates around the nation should tell the elite political class that people are willing to die to be free.

What happens when suicide turns outward to "I don't care if I die, so I'll set people free on my way out".

This had better be a cautionary tale to the Democratic Party
whose Governors are happily keeping their people on house arrest,
keeping them unemployed, killing their businesses
and destroying their places of employment.

I am in California... so, sounds like we should be taking notes from the Hong King protest.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Im honestly just preparing for the next lockdown, or attempted lockdown as the case may be..

Luckily, all of that involves stuff I can use regardless and technology I think is cool.. so.. meh

I am rather amused by the Karens that constantly talk about how they cant wait for things to go back to normal, yet do literally everything that will prevent that.

Wonder whatll happen if folks ever figure out pathogens spread in the jetstream and not just local weather

"Karens"

a sexist term, very very sexist

also racist as almost all Karen's are of the same race

shame on you! a racist and sexist term!

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: The2Billies

Yup, thats me

Edited it just for you, since you are absolutely correct though.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

masks never made sense to me. the virus is smaller than any fabric mesh and can pass through easily.
only thing that would keep you safe is wearing a hazmat suit.

social distancing doesn't make sense either.
*social - come together
*distancing - staying apart

makes no damn sense to me. none of this quarantine makes sense.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join