It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$600 a week not to work ! Grrrr

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
the proletariat? or in other words, the working class?

Yeah, thats how the fascists define it...

I meant it in the derogatory sense of the downtrodden masses that the fascists use as their tools for tyranny.

and your scoffing about people not wanting to pull themselves up only illustrates that you have no idea

No, it simply illustrates that I'm not brain dead.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

What defines a reasonable wage is 'whatever the free market will bear.

Meaning, as little as possible, but enough that people are willing to accept it willingly.

Show me a free market.

Your point is based in fallacy. There is no "free market" to bear anything. That is a fairy tail, that doesn't exist, anywhere. Certain business and org's are propped up by Govt', and in turn the tax payers, so your point is moot, dude.
edit on 26-5-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP
Show me a free market.

Get a job.

Your point is based in fallacy.

Reality.

There is no "free market" to bear anything. That is a fairy tail, that doesn't exist, anywhere. Certain business and org's are propped up by Govt', and in turn the tax payers, so your point is moot, dude.

Dude... there may not be anything resembling a 100% pure/perfect free market - and I'll concede that large multi-national corporations are anti-thetical to a truly free market - but the reality is, with smaller businesses, it is still a relatively free market.

Of course, if we could eliminate 95% of the ridiculous, radical-left-wing-nut-bag regulations imposed on us by the demwits and the fascists supporting the multinationals, we'd get a lot closer to one. You know, things antithetical to a truly free market, like minimum wage laws, and any/all laws aimed at 'inclusivity' or any other BS trying to micro manage businesses and force them to hire people they don't want to hire or prevent them from firing people they want to fire.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl
Yeah, thats how the fascists define it...

oh man, are you....is that a 1984 thing? is that where you're coming from with that? because i'm having real trouble thinking where else you could have joined the two except in dimly remembered school reading.

in reality, the term proletariat is talking about people's relation to capital - the proletariat is, quite simply, the class of people who have no significant material possession besides their labour power.
Marx went on to talk about how the proletariat is oppressed by capitalism - they are not paid the full value of their labour (profit going to bosses, shareholders, etc instead of back into the workplace or the pockets of workers), instead they're paid as little as possible, which keeps them needing to work constantly, which keeps them in a static state in terms of having no agency and security.
which, i dunno about you, but i see in action every day of my life, all around me.
that's just the facts, mack! nothing fascist at all!

and i know people around here love to get their hackles up about our boy Marx but i'll be real with you; if you can't tell the difference between marxism and fascism - not saying you have to like either of them but if you can't even distinguish - you are unequipped for this conversation and you should probably do a little reading before attempting to engage.
reading is good!

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Actually as someone whos been unemployed and is currently employed,
max is 430 a week,

So 170 bucks more, than the normal max, isn't that much more.
and the program originally lasts 6 months, of which we're on month 3 or 4 for most.

The ridiculous part is, that isn't going to do a damn thing, when half the country isn't working, and able to spend any money to do anything helpful. The trickle down effect is really whats going to hurt, and its not now, but after the 2nd wave hits.

We're looking at the end of the dollar and the move to cryptocurrency, Watch... May 26 2020, End of USD within 5 years from this.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
but i'll be real with you;

Please do... it would be a refreshing change from the tired regurgitated nonsense...

if you can't tell the difference between marxism and fascism - not saying you have to like either of them but if you can't even distinguish - you are unequipped for this conversation and you should probably do a little reading before attempting to engage.
reading is good!

Reading is fine, and sure, there is a difference in the dictionary definitions.

But I'm talking about the real world.

In the real world, there is not any meaningful difference in their implementations - in their end result.

In the end, they all result in one thing - a slave class (whether the boot-on-neck kind, or the kinder/gentler velvet covered chains around the neck kind), and a ruling class, where the ruling class is 100% ruthless and will murder as many people as necessary to implement and maintain their power structure.

PERIOD.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Its all gravy! I was furloughed, then let go. Companies aren't hiring .. unemployment is snared and several weeks behind. Ive already had to spend my savings, refund and stimulus. I got nothing now. yay

I have a buddy who's has a landscaping business who's collecting unemployment. We now live in a time where good is bad, and bad is good.

Thanks democrats for the manufactured 'never let a good crisis go to waste' pandemic, to let china further deepen is grasp, and eliminate American culture (cancelling holidays, sports, any social event) and Even doing the same as China with Masks.

What fresh hell is this....

edit - Lets not forget the 'must-have' mail in voting so the craps can steal the election. God help us.
edit on 27-5-2020 by LeoStarchild because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join