It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Video I Cant Explain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tayton

My question is, if this was a space faring craft, from another world.... Why would it need to bank a turn?

Would it not simply change direction from one angle to another instantly?

I have no way of proving this is a fake, but it feels fake... The drone just happens to be in that space at that exact moment ?

Fake for me!
edit on Sun, 24 May 2020 18:12:43 -0500126America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I am a firm believer in UFOs, but while this could be something and you can never rule it out, there is nothing compelling that indicates it is anything but a bug or bird -- which is also a much more common phenomenon.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

My question is, if this was a space faring craft, from another world.... Why would it need to bank a turn?

Would it not simply change direction from one angle to another instantly?

I have no way of proving this is a fake, but it feels fake... The drone just happens to be in that space at that exact moment ?

Fake for me!

The drone didn't just switch it's camera on at the right moment, although every moment of fortuity should not imply deceit. This was an instance captured in a longer surveillance period. To call fake, the process, motive, reasoning and gain needs to be argued and proven. As I intimated previously, I don't think this is in any way a "space faring craft, from another world", possibly not a bird but could be a bug...I don't think alien spacecraft should even come into the discussion. The fact that it appears to bank a turn does probably imply either an animal, insect or extremely capable earth-bound technology.

***EDIT***
Posted this before I saw the post from Arbitrageur and the link to video analysis. I now do not believe this is a bug or a bird. [see my post below].
edit on 25-5-2020 by fromtheskydown because: More info.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I think you are wrong because in the first instance of the objects capture, it can be seen emerging from the distant ridgeline and then instances of it actually being blocked by the distant trees which I cannot envisage a small white bug doing, if so close to the camera.

The video linked by Arbitrageur is carried out with what appears to be good level of expertise and equipment, with knowledge of parallax and imaging etc. To me, at least, its examination, especially the blocking by the distant tree line, puts me in no doubt that this is not a bug or a bird.

I still have no idea what it is or could be. One thing I will stick with is that it is not alien technology.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fromtheskydown

I think you are wrong because in the first instance of the objects capture, it can be seen emerging from the distant ridgeline and then instances of it actually being blocked by the distant trees which I cannot envisage a small white bug doing, if so close to the camera.

The video linked by Arbitrageur is carried out with what appears to be good level of expertise and equipment, with knowledge of parallax and imaging etc. To me, at least, its examination, especially the blocking by the distant tree line, puts me in no doubt that this is not a bug or a bird.

I still have no idea what it is or could be. One thing I will stick with is that it is not alien technology.

I'm saying that when (as some people say) it disappears behind distant trees or distant hills/ridges, I think it might actually be closer to that camera than any tree or hill.

I'm speculating that maybe when it briefly disappears from view, it is actually not that far from the camera, and it is disappearing because the video camera cannot pick it up properly to resolve it.

The trees and hills might have nothing to do with the reason it disappears and reappears; the reason it disappears and reappears might have to do with the capability of the camera to "see" it properly as it is just on the edge of the range at which it could be seen by the camera, given the size and motion of the object.

edit on 5/25/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Most drones shoot at 60fps at an aperture of f2.8, something moving 7000mph wouldn't likely even show up. But at f2.8 there is an incredibly short focal range which would produce video exactly like that if a bug was to fly at the drone. I'm a professional photographer, drone cameraman, video producer and 3d content designer. 10 years in the business.

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
Most drones shoot at 60fps at an aperture of f2.8, something moving 7000mph wouldn't likely even show up. But at f2.8 there is an incredibly short focal range which would produce video exactly like that if a bug was to fly at the drone. I'm a professional photographer, drone cameraman, video producer and 3d content designer. 10 years in the business.

So based on your experience (and as I speculated in my post above) is it possible that a bug could be a certain distance from the camera (let's say 50 feet, for example) that it would not show up at all...and then possibly blink in and out of visibility as it gets just in the range of visibility of the camera (let's say, for example, 20 to 30 feet).

It could be blinking in and out of visibility because of its motion and being on the edge of the camera's ability to see it, not because it went behind a distant tree or ridgeline hundreds of meters away.

edit on 5/27/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   
That's exactly the point I was trying to make

posted on May, 27 2020 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
I'm speculating that maybe when it briefly disappears from view, it is actually not that far from the camera, and it is disappearing because the video camera cannot pick it up properly to resolve it.
Again I'd love to say it could be a bug if it could be a bug, but even if your speculation that the image disappearing isn't caused by the ridgeline might be true, I've never seen any bug do anything like this before, it's very un-bug-like:

It's seen "vertical" then does what appears to be an aerodynamic banking maneuver and ends up horizontal, and this flight pattern looks unlike the flight pattern of any bug I've ever seen.

However there is a bug in the video, that flies exactly like a bug and looks exactly like a bug, it's pointed out in the analysis video I posted. That one is definitely a bug.

originally posted by: PhoenixOD
But how much do you know about bugs? There is a bug in the video that looks like a bug and flies like a bug, but the "UFO" doesn't fly like any bug I've ever seen.

edit on 2020527 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

It's seen "vertical" then does what appears to be an aerodynamic banking maneuver and ends up horizontal, and this flight pattern looks unlike the flight pattern of any bug I've ever seen.

I think the elongated look of the object is the blurred trail that results from the speed of (potentially) a bug and the way it is captured on video. The actual object (bug?) itself isn't elongated, and the acrobatic maneuver you mentioned is just its blurred trail as it turns -- i.e., as it turns like bugs can.

Motion blur can and does happen in video frames, similar to the video effects in those "flying rod" videos (which are bugs). I'm saying that elongated object looking like it's doing acrobatics is just due to the motion blur of a quick-moving bug.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I think the elongated look of the object is the blurred trail that results from the speed of (potentially) a bug and the way it is captured on video. The actual object (bug?) itself isn't elongated, and the acrobatic maneuver you mentioned is just its blurred trail as it turns -- i.e., as it turns like bugs can.

Motion blur can and does happen in video frames, similar to the video effects in those "flying rod" videos (which are bugs). I'm saying that elongated object looking like it's doing acrobatics is just due to the motion blur of a quick-moving bug.

Yes motion blur happens in this subject video in later frames than those I displayed above, but it's in the direction of motion.

That elongation above when it's at a 45 degree angle to the ground is not in the direction of motion so it's definitely not motion blur at that point. We can see motion blur in later frames in the direction of motion, but watch carefully in the frames I captured above to see the elongation is not in the direction of motion when it's at a 45 degree angle.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

...but watch carefully in the frames I captured above to see the elongation is not in the direction of motion when it's at a 45 degree angle

I think that 45 degree angle (and the entire sequence you showed) could possibly be the motion blur of a bug first heading generally downward (but still generally toward the camera), and then shifting to fly generally level and toward (and little to the left of) the camera. The 45 degree part could be when the bug made the shift to level flight.

edit on 5/28/2020 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Look a little before that when the elongation is vertical, it's moving to the right, horizontally.

If that was motion blur, it would be horizontal, in the direction of motion, but it's not, it's elongated vertically.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Look a little before that when the elongation is vertical, it's moving to the right, horizontally.

If that was motion blur, it would be horizontal, in the direction of motion, but it's not, it's elongated vertically.

I'm sayingthe bug might have been zig-zagging up and down as well as left and right (i.e., not one smooth direction of motion). A bug zig-zagging on 3 axis planes could potentially create motion blur in any direction -- up-down, left-right, forward-back, or diagonally.

posted on May, 28 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I'm sayingthe bug might have been zig-zagging up and down as well as left and right (i.e., not one smooth direction of motion). A bug zig-zagging on 3 axis planes could potentially create motion blur in any direction -- up-down, left-right, forward-back, or diagonally.

The actual bug in the video is likely moving in 3 dimensions, but the frame rate is 60 fps which is pretty good and even zig-zagging in 3D doesn't create vertical line that moves to the right from a typical bug. Really, compare the actual bug just after 6 minutes, to the UFO. You can see the bug zig-zagging, with a totally different appearance to the UFO. Because of the decent frame rate you can see the zig-zags pretty well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join