It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Anthony Fauci says staying closed for too long could cause ‘irreparable damage’

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Grimpachi

NO. I didn't screw up at all. You are right the governors were listening to the President who had all the intel from around the world the CDC and direct contact with the WHO and the best experts at their disposal. If you are saying they srewed up by listening to the president then I will agree with you. It is unfortunate that states can not afford all the top resources and experts to make informed decisions. Our tax dollars are supposed to fund the groups that look out for those things, unfortunately, we had a weak link in getting that information. When the president decided to ignore the experts in their field and listen to those that didn't know what they were talking about the information that could have saved lives didn't get disseminated to the states. This was an absolute failure from the top.

So now the Governors are listening to the President so their failures were actually his...OK This was a Black Swan event, much of what you suggest the administration should have done before hand maybe should have started back in 2001 or under Obama since he dodged his own Black Swan by luck. "top resources and experts to make informed decisions" like WHO that we fund and the WA model that was totally wrong? lol come on stop being so damn partisan for once. It hasn't been any kind of failure much less an absolute one.

To be honest I don't even blame the Governors, outside it has always been their decision and the delay was mainly due very low death number even up to the closure of most states.

It has nothing to do with partisanship. I was even leaning towards voting for him before this. Just to be clear I didn't vote for either side last election and have voted for more Republicans in local elections than Democrats and more independents than either side throughout my life. I can look at either side and see faults as well as positives.

You bring up that past administrations should have prepared and unless you missed it the last one did. That had a team for just this sort of thing in place they had a playbook. The transition team even went through exercises with them t try to get them familiar with the framework if a pandemic occurred. Trump was left in a better position to deal with this sort of threat than any other president in history and he completely ignored everything that was handed to him. Was it ego or incompetence I can't say nor does it matter, but it is an absolute fact that he failed to respond in a way that could have mitigated the damage when he had ample warning and a path to do so.

The governors were using the information that came from his office to make their decisions and it is a documented fact that he downplayed and dismissed it while his own people futilely tried to get him to use his power to act to contain the virus before it became a problem. When he did act it was with half measures and useless ones like banning Chinese from entering the country while still allowing 50K people from china to enter the states almost like he thought only Chinese can carry and transmit the virus while at the same time Italy was being hammered by it. No ban on Italians no precautions or screening at airports. Even when he was giving his daily briefings on TV he was only showing up to the prior briefings with the experts once a week which showed when he was on live TV talking about possible disinfectant injections. I am still having a hard time believing he thought that was a good question and to ask it on national TV.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
People will kill themselfs.

The sooner the economy opens, the sooner stocks shoot up and I'm ready to press the button.

Let my people go!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Even when he was giving his daily briefings on TV he was only showing up to the prior briefings with the experts once a week which showed when he was on live TV talking about possible disinfectant injections. I am still having a hard time believing he thought that was a good question and to ask it on national TV.

You quote a lot of spin though, when you listen to what he actually said it is much different. You can blame Trump and you can blame the world in the same sentence, but once again this was a black swan that the "experts" in just about every way got it wrong, so I don't know why you think it was all bad at the top.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Common man. If anything I downplayed it. The experts gave a briefing on using UV and disinfectants to sterilize surfaces. Counters and such then he goes on to ask if disinfectants and light can be injected, to clean the lungs and put into the body. Even most high school dropouts would know that is an assinine question to ask and probably a lot of 10 year olds.

This goes back to what I said about him not showing up to meetings before the briefings the place where they would talk about what they would say in front of the nation. If anything that is something he should have waited to ask behind closed doors FFS.

I really can't call it a black swan the previous administration dealt with several potential pandemics. They created a response plan and set up a network of contacts in the eventuality that something like Covid19 would happen they even drilled the new admin so they would be prepared. This was a F'up of epic proportion on the Trump administration. It is documented that Trump was warned about the virus going back to January over a dozen times. He had people walking out of meetings fuming that he was ignoring it. People were selling stock and posting online how he wasn't taking it seriously.

I personally think Trump knew about it all the way back in November. The 8th he was in China on the 16th he made an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed for tests. The second week in November US intelligence briefed NATO and Israel about the outbreak. If there was a way to prove it one way or another I would put a sizable bet on him knowing.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

There was a thread posted a couple months back about a memo from a governor or some kind of notice that was circulating in November about infectious disease threatening to break out. Obviously no one read it.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It was my guilty conscience speaking because I threw some stimulus money into the market and with everything opening up soon, there's going to be big gains. I've seen how just a positive news article about a company in the past 12hrs makes it return a profit that day if you buy shares in it.

If it's free money that you're starting with..

Nevermind second waves, sickness, anxiety and death. Are we not Capitalists?!

My true colors revealed.
edit on 24-5-2020 by FlyingSquirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:20 AM
link   
This Dr Fauci reminds me of Dr Klopek from the burbs. There is an evil demeanor behind this clown.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Common man. If anything I downplayed it. The experts gave a briefing on using UV and disinfectants to sterilize surfaces. Counters and such then he goes on to ask if disinfectants and light can be injected, to clean the lungs and put into the body. Even most high school dropouts would know that is an assinine question to ask and probably a lot of 10 year olds.

Well UV is actually being tested, and there has been a number of posts about it. He was at worst speculating on what ifs... The whole thing with the disinfectant is he said "there is disinfectants that kill it on contact wouldn't it be great if we could do that within our bodies"... something along that lines, but he didn't say "lets inject disinfectants"...lol

This goes back to what I said about him not showing up to meetings before the briefings the place where they would talk about what they would say in front of the nation. If anything that is something he should have waited to ask behind closed doors FFS.

Are we going to debate that Trump has no filter, he says a good deal what pops into his head..

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Are we going to debate that Trump has no filter, he says a good deal what pops into his head..

Which is why anyone with at least 2 brain cells to rub together thinks he's an idiot. What's that saying again..oh yeah.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

edit on 24-5-2020 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Which is why anyone with at least 2 brain cells to rub together thinks he's an idiot. What's that saying again..oh yeah.

So what is Biden who can't string 10 words together...lol

I have said about 100 times that I agree Trump vomits out what comes into his head, he has almost no filter and a big part of that is he isn't really a politician who are going to be very controlled in what they say all the time, and still can be an idiot, as it doesn't take much brains to read off a paper. You all are so use to the three decade professional politician, who hasn't done much BUT politics, who is practiced and smooth, and is more worried about keeping their position another decade or two than actually being good at their job. Why does a radio announcer sound so good? They are experts and have talent in that area. Now the fact they speak so well doesn't make them a big brain too.

I look at substance in actual actions and not what he says every minute of the day. Obama couldn't even say a sentence off the teleprompter for his first four years, there is a ton of bloopers where he couldn't say anything that wasn't written down, so what does that say to his IQ. Biden right now is gaffing everyday...lol I'm not saying jumbling thoughts into a confusion, I'm saying he is gaffing like crazy, so both of these guys have done pretty much nothing but politics their whole lives being true professionals.

So the left listens to his every words hoping to get a RREEEee out of it, and ignore everyone else. At some point maybe you all will understand that Obama did a good deal opposite of what he said he would do, did a lot of shady things that have been listed over and over, Biden lies and flip flops weekly, but at a later date claims something totally different. His whole "I'm best for the blacks" is such a joke as I have posted before that he did three decades of anti-black agendas led and wrote them, as example.

Look at the actions and go from there...

edit on 24-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The election comes down to a choice between bad and worse, again. Is Biden capable of governing when he can't seem to string together his sentences? We already know Trump can't make it through a single interview or speech without feeding us a line of BS and bald-faced lies usually accompanied with patting himself on the back. He never owns up to his mistakes mister I don't take responsibility at all, but he will take credit for anything and everything even when he had nothing to do with it.

I fear Biden would be incompetent in the position and I know Trump is incompetent in the position. The Coronavirus has been the first real threat to the US that Trump didn't have a hand in creating and he completely failed to live up to the job of protecting the nation. Can Biden do better? That is a question many people will be asking themselves. If he tried to do so in the same manner as Trump I think the answer would be a resounding no. If he has people that know what they are doing around him and he takes their advice he can probably do so.

I don't trust Joe to make it through a speech without F'ing it up and I don't trust Don to make a speech that isn't full of lies. It is a tough choice.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I know Trump is incompetent in the position.

Has he really? If we look at what he has done in the last 3+ years was it really bad? Was it as bad as the "sky is falling" liberal mindset from day one of him in office? What exactly has he made that "bad" move in? Name like 3 and we can talk about them while not saying up front you are incorrect, but I bet I can name 2x what he has done well, I mean real substance things, not the BS crap.

The Coronavirus has been the first real threat to the US that Trump didn't have a hand in creating and he completely failed to live up to the job of protecting the nation.

What did he do that was a failure, what should he have done? I seems you are Monday morning quarterbacking here in his actions of a black swan event.

I don't trust Joe to make it through a speech without F'ing it up and I don't trust Don to make a speech that isn't full of lies. It is a tough choice.

I think the big difference is Trump actually works towards his campaign promises, and that is a weird concept with the professional politician. Biden's brain aside my biggest issue with him is he does one thing and then remakes his actions to match up with what society sees as the right things.

As example, he was for every war, not only voted for them but was a leader in getting votes with hours of of him telling his peers this is what we need to do. Come forward 2012 and he was against all wars fought to not to go into them and people don't even remember or have an ounce of effort to YouTube what he actually did. Same thing with this whole I'm best for the blacks concept of his, and I say really? It was Trump that turned over his failed harsh criminal act that he authored, and has been in place since the 90s being horrendous to minorities. It was Trump that established a never ending 250 million grant to black colleges that basically pulled them from failing. Why didn't Obama/Biden do that during their 8 years? For about a decade Biden fought to prevent funds from being used for busing to end segregation, this was a BIG deal to him. He also told the Democratic party to NOT allow the "Rainbow Coalition, blacks, Hispanics, poor whites, gays" to over take the party...his words....But today he is a leader of civil rights, his words too.

If Trump did something like weaponizing the IRS, FBI, FISA etc, did something like kill Americans with drones and also from "Fast and Furious" event, shut down FOIA and just about everything else, so on and so forth... I would agree with you, but he really hasn't done anything even remotely as bad as Obama/Bush/Clinton had done so why the hate?

edit on 24-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is what Trump did.

He said Corona will not be a pandemic.
He said we should keep our borders open.
He said in mid-March we should keep everything open, keep going to parks, bars, clubs, restaurants without social distancing.

Oh wait ... that was Democrats.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

This is what Trump did.

He said Corona will not be a pandemic.
He said we should keep our borders open.
He said in mid-March we should keep everything open, keep going to parks, bars, clubs, restaurants without social distancing.

Oh wait ... that was Democrats.

Did he also say it didn't come from China, so we can not relate it to China too? LOL

Actually I was asking about what he has done so wrong in the last 3 years comeparded to our last three Presidents to create this on going animosity and narrative that he has been a huge failure to where brain dead Biden is the better choice.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have a neurological problem effecting my vision. I haven't been able to see my neuro optamologist i was referred to in February yet. I've been slowly losing my vision. My Grandma can't go to physical therapy and walk anymore. I don't know why the # non-essential health care closed down in the first place when they already have strict hygiene guidelines.

Can't go to the neurologist or dentist because they aren't emergencies, even though they will develop into emergencies if i don't get treatment, but Dairy Queen, the gay bar/gay cupcake shop, and the adult novelty stores are essential businesses.
edit on 24-5-2020 by Michigan72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 04:12 PM
link   

So what is Biden who can't string 10 words together...lol 

An even worse choice, must be awesome having such a wonderfully diverse pool of potential leaders to draw from.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
that fauci bloke is all over the shop.
I'm not American but I see he is dangerous and honestly he doesn't have your best interest on his agenda and unfortunately we over here Australia always follow suit as to what you mob do.
basically my spidey senses are going of the chart
please be safe you lot.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: imdfreek

that fauci bloke is all over the shop.

Fauci has actually been quite consistent in what he has been saying over the past 3 months.

Or is not what that expression means?

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Member must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Please read:.
No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.
Is There Civilization Without Civility

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join