It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want This Too? / Putin signs bill on remote voting experiment in Moscow in 2020-2021

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hay isn't this what the Democrats want for 2020 election and the USA MSM keeps slamming Trump over this and much much more. Well sure seems to me they want to follow Russia. Right?

Can you imagine how the international hackers could corrupt the USA vote by use of malware and other stuff.

Putin

MOSCOW, May 23. /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a bill regarding an experiment on remote online vote in elections of all levels in Moscow. The law, published at the official legal information website Saturday, extends the experiment, initiated in September 2019 and makes it possible to vote remotely in elections of all levels that will take place in the capital in 2020 and 2021.

edit on 23-5-2020 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
We already have vote-by-mail.

Trump voted by mail.

The various States run their own elections under the auspices of the Tenth Amendment.

If a State decides to expand that, it's up to them.

If I were a guessing man, I'd say that those who were planning to be able to manipulate voting precincts and disinfranchise Americans voting (as was done in Georgia in 2016) are the one's crying the loudest.

Oh, and those who don't ever leave the right-wing echo chamber.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Do you consider it extremely strange that NO Independent is running for President or is the MSM keeping the lid on that too?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Do you consider it extremely strange that NO Independent is running for President or is the MSM keeping the lid on that too?

LOL ... how is the MSM "keeping a lid on it."

I don't find it at all strange that no Independent candidates are running, because it's virtually impossible as long as the two-party system has a stranglehold on our electoral system.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Wouldn't it be more of an advantage to the incumbent than the opposition to have an electronic voting system ?

I can see why Putin would want it but not why Trump wouldn't , after all Russia didn't interfere last time so why should they this time.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Republicans and Democrats have done a bang up job of making it nearly impossible for a third party to run for president, if they aren't on the ballot there is no federal money if they do well for the next 4 years which lesssens the chance of a third party becoming a threat.

State elections are every bit as important as federal.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes, they sure have. Both sides. I would have thought that one of the Billionaires under the DNC would jump to an Independent buy no. They run to the sidelines.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
We already have vote-by-mail.

Trump voted by mail.

The various States run their own elections under the auspices of the Tenth Amendment.

If a State decides to expand that, it's up to them.

If I were a guessing man, I'd say that those who were planning to be able to manipulate voting precincts and disinfranchise Americans voting (as was done in Georgia in 2016) are the one's crying the loudest.

Oh, and those who don't ever leave the right-wing echo chamber.

So you're just going to ignore the instances where mail-in votes, that end up being almost exclusively for democrat candidates, seem to materialize in the trunks of cars, or being found in random warehouses, at the tail end of the ballot counting, in the midst of tight races?
edit on 23-5-2020 by timequake because: typos

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Neither side wants to hear from the American people.

The Democrats are pushing vote-by-mail, to give the Republicans space to rail against it.

Then it will be dropped, or only the Blue states will enact it which will provide a basis for the Red States to claim their elections were unfair.

The only thing going on here is divide-and-conquer. The Democrats are once again playing the Good Cop.

Or the Bad Cop, depending on one's choice of echo-chamber.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Actually I feel that its all about China based on how our MSM pushes the junk on us. Oh I am not saying that Russia didn't or whatever but I have noticed some weird stories gently slapping Russia in the Chinese News lately.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: timequake

Nope.

You're ignoring the instances where there's been just as much Republican Election fraud as Democrat.

You're ignoring the fact that none of it makes a difference on the national level.

It's up to the States. It's not up to Trump.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Not sure how secure the machines are but I think last time this fear was raised it was said the only way to tamper with the machines was directly , Russia will no doubt play their games again through fake news and social media trolls pushing disinfo but agree China are the biggest hacking threat this coming Election.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I don't know if it really matters, the Left will not accept the outcome when Trump wins no matter how the vote is taken.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Nope.

You're ignoring the instances where there's been just as much Republican Election fraud as Democrat.

You're ignoring the fact that none of it makes a difference on the national level.

It's up to the States. It's not up to Trump.

A simple google search will cure your ignorance. That and pretty much every ATS post on the issue, which I know you've read, as well as the national media for months...

I haven't heard of any specific instance of voter fraud by the Repubs due to mail-in ballots, nor is that relevant. My point is that is was clear that mail-in ballots are ripe for large scale attempts at voting fraud. Doesn't matter which party. The instances (see Florida, Arizona gubernatorial races in 2018 for examples ) just seem to be in heavy favor of democratic candidates under very suspicious circumstances.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Sadly, no facts would cure your beliefs, so I won't waste my time.

ATS threads are, in general, no longer of the same evidential quality as in the past.

Mail-in ballots have been used in every State for years. You have zero evidence to support your claims.

You want to talk about shady Gubernatorial Elections? Check out Georgia 2016. The guy running the elections was also running for Governor. And shocker, he won. And then the server containing all the details of the voting was mysteriously erased.

Don't even start with election fraud as only a Democratic phenomenon ... you'll lose.

edit on 23-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I don't know if it really matters, the Left will not accept the outcome when Trump wins no matter how the vote is taken.

Yeah, neither will the Republicans.

WItness the cries of "Trump won the popular vote" after three plus years.

GIve us a break.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You're completely dodging my point. The OP and myself are talking about mail-in voting issue, and you point to non sequitur issues. Please stay on topic.

Also you just admitted to being aware of the issue being on past ATS posts, right after claiming not to have heard anything on the matter. you contradict yourself. You should stop putting your food in your mouth.

For the above reasons, one cannot take you seriously...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   

At least 3 states I am aware of changed the rules for a third party in 2016 with a week remaining making it impossible for the VPOA to get their candidate on the ballot.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: timequake

You're completely dodging my point. The OP and myself are talking about mail-in voting issue, and you point to non sequitur issues. Please stay on topic.

Also you just admitted to being aware of the issue being on past ATS posts, right after claiming not to have heard anything on the matter. you contradict yourself. You should stop putting your food in your mouth.

For the above reasons, one cannot take you seriously...

I'm dodging the point? You're losing your stuffing over a comment about mail-in votes. The OP is about electronic voting! Jesus.

I have stated an opinion on the validity of mail in voting and you disagreed. SInce that, you have brought in non-factual information, made fallacious appeals to authority, and now you want to cry about your opinion of me..

You're desperately trying to strawman my arguments now. That and a really pathietic attempt at ad-hom. Quote me if you want to discuss my words. Neither I nor anyone else is interested in silly paraphrases that are basically deceit.

Why don't you show us actual massive Democratic mail in voter fraud on the national level? You know, don't tell us that you're right, or vaguely gesture to authority: give us facts that back your position up.

I certainly can for mine.

edit on 23-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: Format

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

Yeah, neither will the Republicans.

WItness the cries of "Trump won the popular vote" after three plus years.

GIve us a break.

Why should the Republicans accept it "if" Trump loses the next election? I mean the left has already set the Precident that using known false information is allowed when pursuing a coup.

And no you will not be given a break. The left doesn't get a free ride any longer. They have proven to me they cannot be trusted with even a minut amount of power over another individual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join