It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Priest: Mr. President, we don't need to open churches to practice our faith

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

Exactly what this man said. STAY AT HOME... NO free ride though , suffer the consequences. Its sad what 30 % of american's will do to stay protected and safe. Give up all liberties and worse...take yours!! NO THANKS! i'm not living my life with anyone's else's permission and not in my house.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: elDooberino
a reply to: Gryphon66

So are you a butt hurt catholic (no pun intended) or do you just think that criticizing the catholic church is comparable to being a KKK member? Maybe a little bit of both?

I never said other religions haven't abused children. I said the Catholic Church is the largest global pedophile ring...because all the available evidence suggests they are.
We're not talking about isolated incidents or rogue church leaders. We're talking about global institutional protection and enabling of pedophiles.

I haven't seen this much pro-catholic rhetoric since that NAMBLA flier I may have seen 40 years ago...

Predictaable, you lost on facts so you move directly to ad hom and false dilemma.

I'm an atheist who believes in facts.

You've got a ... you're interested in damning the Catholics. You apparently think I'm trying to deflect from that. I'm not.

You don't want to try to address the point I did make, you want to blather nonsensically on your issue which seems to be Catholics.

Sorry, we're both off-topic.

The RC “one true church” highjacked Christianity long ago.

Gave it a bad name and continues to do so.

Here’s a fact. The teachings of the RCC is contradictory to the teachings of the Bible. Even their own versions.

The bible says that there shall be no mediator between God and man.
Call no man Father ( in a religious context) other than God.
Then there is the idol worship, the Mother of Heaven, indulgences, forbidding priests to marry, and much more.

This religion is not the religion of the bible. They do what they do but as a Christian it isn’t what I do.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The priest is probably Jesuit trained..a reply to: Boadicea

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
I am not anti Catholic and can appreciate our God given free will. I do hate lies, especially those that could damn a well intented person. www.cgi.org...

This is off topic but as you said i hate lies. What happened is how we change dates has changed. In the Hebrew calendar the new day starts at sunset not at midnight like now. So Saturday would have actually been sunset on Friday to sunset on saturday. However often mass would be held in the evening after work so it actually occurred on their sunday or our saturday night. This is also why sunday became the first day of the week but thats another story.
edit on 5/23/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Go to church or don't. That's outside my purview.

But, the ultimate authority as to what constitutes a church doesn't reside within any denomination of Christianity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ is the final arbiter on that particular nugget and unless I am completely misremembering the passages involved, "Church" is wherever two or more of us gather in his name.

The rest is chimp politics.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I hope Islamist's are being told to stay home by their leaders and that mosques should stay closed and aren't essential.

edit on 23-5-2020 by SKEPTEK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Priest: Mr. President, we don't need to open churches to practice our faith

I am a Roman Catholic priest in the Passionist Community serving, at the moment, in New York.

www.cnn.com...

How would they molest little boys if everyone did that?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Then he can keep his church closed. Does he decide for everyone in his and other faiths as well?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Gee... it is a shame, but I think some think this little priest shouldnt really have the same freedom of speech as those who would gleefully open their churches at trumps command??

But anywho... it seems like I was right... this serves to cause more division within the church...
The priest had an opinion, the priest expressed his opinion.. he is no more wrong to express his opinion as anyone else is to express theirs...
Dont let your political differences become a cancer in the body of christ!!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: elDooberino

But, but, but ... religious freedom!

What does that have to do with institutional protection of child molesters?
Oh, that's right; nothing.

Yeah, if you want to pretend that only Catholics molest children.

The fact is virtually EVERY religion protects child molesters. And yet, they are shielded by "freedom of religion."

You're pointing to a part of the problem; I'm pointing to all of it.

Pedophiles go where there are the most victims.

I believe they are well organized.

I often wondered how a priest could give a sermon and be evil, maybe because he never was a christian at all but infiltrated the church, I am willing to bet there are a lot of atheist priests.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Earlier this day I said elsewhere that you'll find what churches are fake - the closed ones.
Catholics are of devil. They always were.
Zero spiritual authority. Fanciest but empty buildings. They play politics.
Pope is a marxist head of Vatican City.
Globalist. Maybe a pedophile.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
lmfao.

look here is how it works.

1. you want to stay home, STAY HOME.
2. you want to live life, LIVE LIFE.

the politicianns, media, internatiionalists, etc do not need to tell us how to live or worse yet, make laws doing so.

i do not need the newz to 'verify' my course of actions.
i do not need a priest to 'verify' my choices either.

it seems you want to stay home, good for you, stay home.

I can't decide what is best for me! I need the government to put in rules and laws to stop me from doing stupid crap! If they lift the ban on places of worship I would not be able to control myself and I would feel the need to go to them and hug and kiss everyone... Oh Goverment PLEASE help me!

BTW my private company has been on lock down since 17 March...Doesn't take the Goverment to do that...

When did we ever get to the point that people feel it is up to the Goverment to tell people was is a common sense things to do?

edit on 23-5-2020 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Ummm...to all that loudly proclaim their ignorance and understanding of rights...and the responsibility ingrained in those rights...to not cause harm or injury to any other individual or group...merely because you wish to loudly proclaim your ignorance...

This is really not a hard lesson to comprehend...or...at least...one wouldn’t think so...however...it seems that a rather vocal majority on this site...have absolutely no understanding of what rights entail...

No sir...they’d rather play reach around...and attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility to ensure their own actions do not adversely affect anyone else...

So the circle continues to be jerked...hourly...

In case you didn’t get the memo...

“Anywhere...two or more are gathered together in my name...there I am also”...

Also...deep spiritual prayer is a personal thing...no need for throngs or company...

And he didn’t say...some building set up by men...in order to collect tithes for the enrichment of priest or pastor...

Soooo...could be your lawn...basement...bathroom...or just any old where...

End of conversation...

Next...

YouSir

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I ... I ... I think I agree with you.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
Gee... it is a shame, but I think some think this little priest shouldnt really have the same freedom of speech as those who would gleefully open their churches at trumps command??

But anywho... it seems like I was right... this serves to cause more division within the church...
The priest had an opinion, the priest expressed his opinion.. he is no more wrong to express his opinion as anyone else is to express theirs...
Dont let your political differences become a cancer in the body of christ!!

Maybe I simply missed the posts. I don't see anyone saying he should not have freedom of speech. I saw people say this one person should not decide for everyone else.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Pedophiles are predators. Predators hunt where there's prey.

Anywhere, anytime people (usually children people) are put in situations where someone is in authority and for whatever reason enjoys some kind of immunity from suspicion ... there the pedos will congregate.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

... and he didn't claim he should speak for everyone, did he?

He does have a simliar opinion to much of the clergy who are more concerned about their flock than their stable.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

... and he didn't claim he should speak for everyone, did he?

He does have a simliar opinion to much of the clergy who are more concerned about their flock than their stable.

I never claimed he did and never had a problem with him saying what he said. Dawnstar appears to think this one priest should speak for everyone. I don't agree. I fully support him in keeping his church closed.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: YouSir

I ... I ... I think I agree with you.

Ummm...I know...strange...isn’t it...I find myself in agreement with a lot of your positions...

I may play the part of ass hat...frequently...but that doesn’t mean it has anything necessarily to do with the for reals...

Remember...these are all persona’s and avatars we’ve affected...and quite frankly are at best a self fulfilling meme...and a means to vent from the spleen...(whatever the hell that really means)...

No I’ll will was ever directed at you...in any lively conversations we were ever part of...

ATS...is merely a tool to relieve boredom...besides...it’s the laughter this site generates for me...that keeps me returning...

YouSir

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
a reply to: Boadicea

Go to church or don't. That's outside my purview.

But, the ultimate authority as to what constitutes a church doesn't reside within any denomination of Christianity. In fact, I'm pretty sure Jesus Christ is the final arbiter on that particular nugget and unless I am completely misremembering the passages involved, "Church" is wherever two or more of us gather in his name.

The rest is chimp politics.

Agreed. Jesus spoke to the church as being among the people, and the Kingdom of God being within us. So the "church" accompanies us wherever we are and wherever we go. And we all get to decide for ourselves how and where and when we practice our faith.

I'm no more interested in a priest telling me, than the government telling me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join