It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan..... We are Mad as Hell... ...UPDATED Stay at Home Lifts June 8

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Your daughter was robbed of a memorable experience

She's a smart girl with a father who is of a certain age. She understands mitigation measures and why they are there. She knows that "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans." She is not selfish, is a critical thinker, and I am very proud of her.

Nice to hear so many people in your state have drunk the koolaid.
Don't pull that crap on me. You don't know what you are talking about.
edit on 5/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don't let them get under your skin my friend.

As far as memorable goes, I'd say the year of the virus won't be soon forgotten.

Personally, I don't care all that much, I've been expecting something like this since I was in middle school in the late 70s. I think I would have actually been more than OK with no graduation ceremony due to something like this back in my day.

I think your perspective is as good a baseline as any, in fact I like hearing your personal input from the Pacific paradise state.

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:55 PM
link   

With your ATS moniker, I thought you would have been in Texas long ago. But it seem Michigan needs you and more like you.

Think many states are learning what Dem goals are so hang on to that and maybe next election??

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Went to southwest Michigan today. Beaches, stores, roads, full of people. Very few masks. Social distancing non-existent. Very refreshing!

posted on May, 24 2020 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: billxam

When Granholm raised the income tax in Michigan "for the children" it caused the one state depression. Then we had some tax cuts, some good economic policies and we were bouncing back. 2009 thru 2011 were horrible. One year I made $7,000 less from a total lack of work. There was nothing.

And now this in less than two months destroyed all of the work we've done to bring ourselves back. What a travesty but I will also say that this will change NOTHING. People will vote for her again. Trust me, I've lived here 50 years.

And Phage, that data is a closely held secret by Whitmer. But she tells us every time that she's watching the math and talking to the "experts." Which includes......Zeke Emanuel, Rahm's brother and Vice Provost for Global Initiatives at the University of Pennsylvania who is her goto expert and is an architect of the ACA. We're in "good" hands.

God, that paints a pretty grim picture for us in MI. I am in Bay City, which is chock full of GM libs.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:01 AM
link   

FYI -not all Hawaii is koolaid effected -- there have been protests against the virus and a Re Open Hawaii Enough is Enough rally

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Folks, STOP PUTTING DEMOCRATS IN OFFICE. ANY OFFICE. You aren't "balancing" things out. You're pointing a loaded gun at the rest of the country & your fellow Americans be installing anyone with a (D) anywhere near their name or history.

If you can't stand Republicans as many can't, vote (I) or third party

A vote for a democrat is an act of violence
edit on 5/25/2020 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 04:44 AM
link   
OK.I read the last couple pages.But did Whimer just extend"Emergency ".Again?

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61
Yes!!!!!
Until June 12th!!!!!!!!

But you can buy a car in person, meet in small groups, and get your teeth cleaned.

And Gretch is on vacation, supposedly having a graduation party for her daughter.

And, you have a PM

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: puzzled2

FYI -not all Hawaii is koolaid effected -- there have been protests against the virus and a Re Open Hawaii Enough is Enough rally
Thank You!!!
That is what I wanted to hear!

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
There is a CDC report embedded here....Gretch and her health minions need to read it and free us!!!!
Latest death estimate is UNDER 1%.

www.theblaze.com...

www.cdc.gov...

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
There is a CDC report embedded here....Gretch and her health minions need to read it and free us!!!!

www.theblaze.com...

www.cdc.gov...

It's been that low for a while now, great time to start taking a few risks and seeing what works. Let the public volunteer themselves to be guinea pigs just by living their normal lives. That's how we honor those who protected our virtues by showing the same courage. The lockdown is not courage.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Folks, STOP PUTTING DEMOCRATS IN OFFICE. ANY OFFICE.

A vote for a democrat is an act of violence

They are imploding...and about to be exposed.

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

www.theblaze.com...

www.cdc.gov...

It's been that low for a while now, great time to start taking a few risks and seeing what works. Let the public volunteer themselves to be guinea pigs just by living their normal lives. That's how we honor those who protected our virtues by showing the same courage. The lockdown is not courage.

Great post. The American spirit and willingness to take risk for the potential reward, is how we became #1.

"Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead!"

posted on May, 25 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TzarChasm

www.theblaze.com...

www.cdc.gov...

Great post. The American spirit and willingness to take risk for the potential reward, is how we became #1.

"Damn the torpedoes. Full speed ahead!"

You aren't wrong. Too bad the brave pioneers who invented flight and vaccines didn't exercise greater caution, imagine if they had played it safe.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy

Our fighting back takes the form of supporting as many local businesses as we can.
Small groceries. Small bakeries. Mom and pop places.
Getting take-out from only local restaurants.

Avoiding large chains as much as possible.

Supporting a local soup kitchen.

In other words stop feeding the system that is trying to destroy you. The best way to fight back is to hit them in their pockets. No bullets or resistance is needed. All one has to do is turn your back on what no longer serves you, that also includes the media and hellywood's propaganda. Stop paying for their movies, stop giving them your money because they will use that money against you.

Those big chains basically took many of the money small businesses would have earned. Funny how many of those big chains belong to the left hand.

But you wanna know what I see though? The Democrats are attacking those in the right through economic sanctions by using the excuse of " protecting people from viruses". And they are getting away with it because people are too blind to see what is really being done to them.

Words and ideas are more powerful than a gun or a bullet.

But who will travel down this untraveled road?

S&F and very well said.

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Perhaps she is fearful of the deaths that could be on her hands if she opens up fully.

Perhaps she should be fearful of the deaths that could be on her hands if she doesn't fully open up.

Seriously, this whole idea of someone or some business being 'liable' for someone getting sick needs to end, like, now. Shot in the head until dead.

I've asked many times and never gotten a response.

Has anyone ever heard of a legal case of someone suing - either a person, or a business - claiming they got the flu, or something else? I'm not talking about someone suing a restaurant for getting seriously sick from bad sushi or something, I'm talking about something like the flu - or the CV.

The entire concept is just ludicrous.

##YourNewNormal

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

That's a post that knows what liberty really is.

Well, until you fall into the Democrat/Republican crap.

Starred.

edit on 26-5-2020 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I believe that the people of the State of Michigan should do everything they can to rid themselves of an individual that is not serving their general welfare.

Everything they can short of illegal means, of course.

Stop listening to her. Stop complying. If you all do it, that will solve the problem.

PS: She's not the problem, neither is her political agenda. The problem is that we allow these people to rule us.

IMO

posted on May, 26 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Outside of social media in the really real world, I see that happening.

Went on a long cruise over the weekend, every hotspot was packed as were all the amenities.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join