It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan..... We are Mad as Hell... ...UPDATED Stay at Home Lifts June 8

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

The reply did seem a wee bit out of character for you.

I used to think women in power would be a good thing for society.
But after seeing the actions and reactions of the women governors and senators and congresspeople in this country....I submit I was very wrong.
They can be as bad or even WORSE than their male counterparts.
We don't have to name names here

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The real issue is what are you going to do about it? Is she up for re election this Fall? Will you vote her out of office? If you don't all this complaining on ATS isn't worth the electrons it took to put the posts up here. Let's just see how pissed off all of you are.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Perhaps she is fearful of the deaths that could be on her hands if she opens up fully. Maybe she feels backed into a corner of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I get the feeling that she can't handle the responsibility of making the decision to open up the state and having the covid infection rate and death toll go way up.

There is no reason that the good people who have genuine cause to be concerned for their health can't stay home and stay safe. The rest of us have a country to run.

They are going to make it difficult, they are talking about a restaurant being liable if someone gets covid what kind of new insurance will cover that? We have seen the old weight of heavy government hands in every crevice grow so large I am not sure any small or medium business will be able to bear the load.

Hell of a legal battle to prove where and how infection happened when they can't even properly test for it half the time. You can spend all day and all night making a list of reasons why it's a bad idea but fact is nothing worth doing ever happened without risk and you can't know unless you give it a shot, get bruised and get right back up again.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Michigan has 50k+ cases with 5k+ deaths
10% mortality rate

But make the governor the boogeyman

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MonkeyFishFrog

10% mortality rate

Lol the mortality rate is nowhere near 10pct.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder

10% mortality rate

Really? www.bing.com...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

10% mortality rate

Really? www.bing.com...

Yeah really. There are 50% or more cases that are asymptomatic and at least another 25% where people just deal with the symptoms until they go away. Most of the people that have been tested are the ones who had bad enough symptoms to go the doctor. Cases are those that were tested that were tested because they were symptomatic.
edit on 23-5-2020 by MRinder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:12 PM
link   

10% mortality rate

Really? www.bing.com...

Yeah really. There are 50% or more cases that are a symptomatic and at least another 25% where people just deal with the symptoms until they go away. Most of the people that have been tested are the ones who had bad enough symptoms to go the doctor. Cases are those that were tested that were tested because they were symptomatic.

Do you have a source for those claims or is it all anecdotal and opinion?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Do you REALLY think the only people who had the WuHuFlu are the ones the government has allowed to be tested?????

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

10% mortality rate

Really? www.bing.com...

Yeah really. There are 50% or more cases that are a symptomatic and at least another 25% where people just deal with the symptoms until they go away. Most of the people that have been tested are the ones who had bad enough symptoms to go the doctor. Cases are those that were tested that were tested because they were symptomatic.

As of April 23

More than 21 percent of around 1,300 people in New York City who were tested for coronavirus antibodies this week were found to have them, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said on Thursday.

The results were from a state program that tested 3,000 supermarket customers across New York State. Nearly 14 percent of the tests came back positive, Mr. Cuomo said

It's been a month since those tests. Is 2% of New York dead? I think not!

Common sense, brother!

www.google.com...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Alrighty, take two.

There's this... thing, which I can't mention on ATS without being censored. This thing would make my State citizens NOT have to wait two years for the progressive shltholes to again backstab the rest of the State.

So if you are a fellow Statesmen who doesn't want to sit around like a pissant and wait two years to have a real voice, there IS a path to legally exercise your civil rights on the matter. And if you search this out on your own, you will find that a LOT of Michiganites are already on it.

Flyingclaydisk, I will take your list of civil exercises under advisement. Though I fear most small businesses around are left-leaning and, more importantly, THOROUGHLY intimidated by State reprisal against them if they speak out.

They are barely hanging on as it is, any State government action against them will close most around here down for good. I think I may have to get back on Facebook and try to talk to some of my fellow Ypsilantians about pooling money and doing it ourselves.

We gotta protect the middle class that isn't corporate-owned, as I feel that is what this lockdown has targeted for annihilation. Any bailout of the State would involve corporatization of the State. That's pure Fascist doctrine in action. They don't want any free enterprise to compete with the corporate society they are attempting to create.

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 04:11 PM
link   

10% mortality rate

Really? www.bing.com...

Here is what the CDC says:

www.google.com...

It also notes that 0.4 percent of those who do show symptoms will die from the SARS-CoV-2 virus.

They also say 35% don't show symptoms. So the death rate is less than .4% according to the CDC.

Nowhere even close to 10%.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
In other words, you folks DO NOT HAVE any definitive statistics about C-19. You are extrapolating from old data, conflating data from one state to another, calling single "studies" of a few people definitive. And then coming to completely unsupported conclusions. You have NO IDEA whatsoever of what the death rate is, so yo are guessing and calling it "Common sense, brother."

"Common sense, n. The most richly endowed substance on Earth. Everyone thinks they have enough and they are always willing to give some of theirs to someone else."

Nor exactly good science, brother.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
To those going on about death %... where are the hot spots? How much of the State have COVID numbers that warrant the lockdown? I live in one of the hot spot areas. If I remember correctly Ypsilanti had one of the first cases in Michigan when a flight came back from China with students of EMU.

The way it is portrayed, you'd think we've been hit by the bubonic plague. There are no REAL mass die-offs happening here. No bodies in the street. Yet we'll be locked down for at LEAST 3 months.

Why hasn't our State legislature pushed legal action against her? Why are they allowing someone to entirely subvert their legislative authority?

I think we should figure out who these people are, and demand answers from them. They are the ones who should be kicking Whitmer's ass. Wouldn't be surprised to find out we have a legislature full of invertibrate cuckolds.

As always...

DENY IGNORANCE

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's OK.
We're not the ones in the hot seat of power.
And they don't know the real numbers either LOL

With substandard testing, and not enough testing, and not publishing data like some other states they still are managing to come up with info to fit their agenda to keep us locked down.

When the woman sitting on the throne won't even listen to the elected officials in the legislature and when there is protest and the state is then told the lockdown will last longer, most people might feel their individual efforts are not going to help.

But,trust me, there is protest.
I and others have been posting about it for weeks now.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:22 PM
link   

She isn't up for election until 2022. I knew she'd be a problem as soon as the progressive shltholes banded together and got her elected. Didn't think she'd go full-on Fascist, though. That's why I am suggesting people find the civil exercise being undertaken, online, to do something about her.

[snip]

As always...

DENY IGNORANCE
edit on 23-5-2020 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 06:27 PM
link   

In other words, you folks DO NOT HAVE any definitive statistics about C-19. You are extrapolating from old data, conflating data from one state to another, calling single "studies" of a few people definitive. And then coming to completely unsupported conclusions. You have NO IDEA whatsoever of what the death rate is, so yo are guessing and calling it "Common sense, brother."

"Common sense, n. The most richly endowed substance on Earth. Everyone thinks they have enough and they are always willing to give some of theirs to someone else."

Nor exactly good science, brother.

So you don't beleive the CDC?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Are the news stories about Biden tapping her for VP
A joke or do these goons really think they can impose this kind of tyranny upon the entire nation and have a snowballs chance in hell to win without cheating?

DTOM you have my sincerest condolences I’ve seen a lot of great members mention being from Michigan, yikes- I can’t see her recovering from this but then again it seems as if this kind of thing only intensifies their power sometimes. Good luck up

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Another town in Michigan opened up everything they had no choice if the town was going to survive and the scouts placed the flags in the cemeteries as they always do. Lots of businesses are in their do or die time and Whitless seems to want them dead. People are opening up and see ya in court.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join