It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan..... We are Mad as Hell... ...UPDATED Stay at Home Lifts June 8

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Perhaps she is fearful of the deaths that could be on her hands if she opens up fully. Maybe she feels backed into a corner of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I get the feeling that she can't handle the responsibility of making the decision to open up the state and having the covid infection rate and death toll go way up.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
Perhaps she is fearful of the deaths that could be on her hands if she opens up fully. Maybe she feels backed into a corner of damned if you do and damned if you don't. I get the feeling that she can't handle the responsibility of making the decision to open up the state and having the covid infection rate and death toll go way up.

There is no reason that the good people who have genuine cause to be concerned for their health can't stay home and stay safe. The rest of us have a country to run.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage
oh please!!!!!!
You can get a poll saying anything you want.

Poll, schmoll!!!!
Ask the people who this truly affects, the people who this is hurting, people who don't want to see her totally kill the state.

She is behaving like Nero

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Then maybe she should abdicate.
If she can't take the heat, she needs to get out of the kitchen.

Michigan is notched science class experiment

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Well the real question is what are y'all gonna' do about it?

I sure hope some have a plan! Not talking about violence here, but hopefully something more effective.

I've got a couple ideas:

1. Somebody should form a group (if one doesn't already exist) and go around to all of the business owners who have been impacted by this and take up a collection to run some full-page advertisements in the Detroit Free Press with giant letters saying Whitmer has got to go! And not just one either, rather one per week, week after week for months. Lay it right on the line...she's not listening, she doesn't care, not about you or anyone else only herself and her political career. Just lay it all out there...in bold print. Same thing for local business journals and the like. Start nuking this crazy witch! And keep nuking her, not just once, but repeatedly. Op-ed's aren't going to cut it because the Freep won't print them, so it's going to have to be paid advertising.

2. The same group should print up huge posters to post in the windows and on the doors of all businesses closed down saying Whitmer did this! All in big bold letters. Every single business. Her name must appear everywhere there is pain. Everywhere there is pain, "This business is being crushed because of Gov. Whitmer and her draconian actions! Run her out of town at election time!" The important thing is name identity, and repetition, over and over...everywhere people look. And don't rely on business owners to make their own signs because they won't be big enough, and they won't be consistent enough; make the signs for them. Then, all they have to do is post them, and there should be no argument.

The key is repetition. I've had to do some things related to signage in my line of work (both electronic and static). One thing I've learned from the pro's is the average intelligence of the public en mass is on about a 4th-5th grade level, hence the big bold letter, simple and direct message...Whitmer is the cause of your and my pain! Over and over.

Take it from her! Take her dynasty away...crush her! Every single pain point should have Whitmer's name all over it. Get the message out...she needs to GO! Whitmer = pain. No Whitmer = no pain. GO! Over and over.

edit on 5/23/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 08:39 AM
link   

She has clearly demonstrated she is completely ill equipped to perform her duties as governor and should be removed.

The only thing she is confident of is instilling fear to insulate her own political ass from any risk. She cares nothing, ZERO, about the citizens of the state, or the state in general. She is weak...and she needs to go!

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

She has clearly demonstrated she is completely ill equipped to perform her duties as governor and should be removed.

The only thing she is confident of is instilling fear to insulate her own political ass from any risk. She cares nothing, ZERO, about the citizens of the state, or the state in general. She is weak...and she needs to go!

Her blanket policies and dictatorial authority need to be balanced out. She's in a difficult position but Michigan needs a business leader, not a mom.
edit on 23-5-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Is this right?

MIchigan AG was suing over the water level in Wixom Lake to protect mussels.

Basically, the dam that burst was 96 years old and needed upgrades badly, but the Michigan AG was taking them to court because the lowered the levels in the lake trying to preserve the dam.

Three weeks before the 96-year-old dam failed this week amid heavy rains and caused the worst flood in Midland history, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel sued its owner, alleging it illegally lowered Wixom Lake in 2018 and 2019, killing “thousands if not millions, of freshwater mussels.”

“Defendants wrongfully exerted dominion over the freshwater mussels and caused their death which denies and is inconsistent with the state’s right to them,” state lawyers wrote in an April lawsuit.

Wrongfully exerted dominion over the mussels? Guess what? Now the mussels who survived that action have no lake, zero because the dam failed because the state failed to fix it and refused to let it be managed properly, and that's quite aside from everyone who just had their homes destroyed. The state pressured the power company to raise levels back up in the lake even as they took steps to lower it to reduce risk to downstream communities.

So let's not forget that part of the dam failure crisis was precipitated by a fight over mussels.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Her blanket policies and dictatorial authority need to be balanced out. She's in a difficult position but Michigan needs a business leader, not a mom.

She's in a difficult position alright! Stuck somewhere in the Bermuda Triangle of complete cluelessness, idiocy and tyranny!

Michigan doesn't need her, at all, ever! Period!
edit on 5/23/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I believe a lot of it is intentional.

Under the auspices of "environmentalism," a lot of these folks are doing everything from controlling large areas of land to doing outright damage.

We see it nation wide too. The tactic enables control over land use under the pretext of "sustainability" and "saving the environment."

Naturally.. If one is against their duplicitousness, ya hate the environment, want people to die, and are probably a bigot.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Just curious, but I wonder what percentage of people in the 1700's wanted a revolutionary war against the crown. Did they determine it by popular opinion?

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Sorry to hear this. I hope the protests continue.

That is actually and interesting question. I was think about how it came about that the People of France took out the government when they had been clearly cowed for many years. Suddenly they are chopping heads and they get past all resistance. Strange really.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

There is no reason that the good people who have genuine cause to be concerned for their health can't stay home and stay safe. The rest of us have a country to run.

They are going to make it difficult, they are talking about a restaurant being liable if someone gets covid what kind of new insurance will cover that? We have seen the old weight of heavy government hands in every crevice grow so large I am not sure any small or medium business will be able to bear the load.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
According to the Michigan news the shutdown polls well

63.7% approve of Gov. Whitmer’s handling of the pandemic

www.google.com... -19-pandemic/%3foutputType=amp

Looks like she is real popular.

Looks to me like they discovered that was a fraudulent poll, it's gone now.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Is this right?

MIchigan AG was suing over the water level in Wixom Lake to protect mussels.

Basically, the dam that burst was 96 years old and needed upgrades badly, but the Michigan AG was taking them to court because the lowered the levels in the lake trying to preserve the dam.

Three weeks before the 96-year-old dam failed this week amid heavy rains and caused the worst flood in Midland history, Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel sued its owner, alleging it illegally lowered Wixom Lake in 2018 and 2019, killing “thousands if not millions, of freshwater mussels.”

“Defendants wrongfully exerted dominion over the freshwater mussels and caused their death which denies and is inconsistent with the state’s right to them,” state lawyers wrote in an April lawsuit.

Wrongfully exerted dominion over the mussels? Guess what? Now the mussels who survived that action have no lake, zero because the dam failed because the state failed to fix it and refused to let it be managed properly, and that's quite aside from everyone who just had their homes destroyed. The state pressured the power company to raise levels back up in the lake even as they took steps to lower it to reduce risk to downstream communities.

So let's not forget that part of the dam failure crisis was precipitated by a fight over mussels.

Yep. The AG that's trying hard to make a name for herself. Their concern of mussels over people's safety helped cause this catastrophe.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

I don't believe that for a second, neither do medical people I know. If what you say is true, why would she sign an EO that forced Covid-positive patients into elder care homes where the most endangered people are?

I want her charged with 2nd degree murder for each one of the people that died because of that. Gross negligence causing death.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
oh please!!!!!!
You can get a poll saying anything you want.

I think Mr Lithgow is winding you up, albeit possibly unconsciously. Can't tell for sure; he's a shifty bugger.

Poll, schmoll!!!!

Time to break Godwin's Law with good reason...

A referendum on merging the posts of Chancellor and President was held in Germany on 19 August 1934,[1] seventeen days after the death of President Paul von Hindenburg. The German leadership sought to gain approval for Adolf Hitler's assumption of supreme power.

Yes: 38,394,848 (89.93%)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HalWesten

Im genuinely curious how many areas put that sort of thing into practice. Im pretty sure it happened in NY too.

I do understand that nursing homes are a vulnerable population, but I still believe the numbers are completely disproportionate. If we remove nursing home deaths from the total numbers.. The situation looks quite different.

The worst part is that so many have been convinced that all these measures are to protect these folks when its blatantly obvious we have failed to do so. Quite the opposite in fact.

Yet, if you bring up the notion that we have serious questions here, many will demonize you for not wanting to "protect the vulnerable."

Its the largest scale mindeff Ive seen, albeit based in the same tactics weve seen for years.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I wake every morning hoping to see that Michiganders had removed Governor Karen Whilter by any means necessary.

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Don't know about you but I'm ready for a fricken "Pig Roast!"

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wasn't trying to make excuses for Whitmore, just offering another possibility to explain her actions. After some of the replies to that post, I wouldn't believe that comment I made either. It was just something that came to mind, to find something human in her I can relate to I guess.

Considering how she is extending the stay at home order another two weeks while throwing a graduation party up north, I can't believe she is fearful of lifting the ban due to an increase in cases and deaths. This is something political, some kind of game it seems, I don't know what is going on and can't figure her out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join