It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan..... We are Mad as Hell... ...UPDATED Stay at Home Lifts June 8

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Speaking of critical thinking, why was drive through never shut down?

Less than 6 ft
Money and food swapping hands. I use the term food loosely.
Multiple people touching said food.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
a reply to: jtma508

Oh, please!!!!!
Me getting a hair cut does NOT threaten YOU!!!!!!

Stop drinking the kool-aid

HA!! That's rich! ME drink the koolaide... while your evil Governor has been able to drive your COVID rate steadily downward, other more 'liberty friendly' states surge. Look at the data koolaide-boy. This is why we'll be dealing with this come Christmas. Mark my words. So much for denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Less than 6 ft

Because the virus is most effectively spread through airborne droplets. Vastly lower spread through surface-to-surface contamination with even modest sanitary measures.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Oh, please!!!!!

HA!! That's rich! ME drink the koolaide... while your evil Governor has been able to drive your COVID rate steadily downward, other more 'liberty friendly' states surge. Look at the data koolaide-boy. This is why we'll be dealing with this come Christmas. Mark my words. So much for denying ignorance.

Actually by slowing the spread you are guaranteeing that we will be dealing with this come Christmas. So what is your point? The only known way to guaranteeing that we won't be dealing with this is to get to herd immunity. There is no vaccine.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Money is filthy.
Worst head cold [a coronavirus] I ever had was about 12 years ago when I worked as a cashier part time.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Less than 6 ft

Because the virus is most effectively spread through airborne droplets. Vastly lower spread through surface-to-surface contamination with even modest sanitary measures.

So why were small businesses and eateries closed but not big box stores?

I'm just going to cut to the chase here and spare you the indignation of being a hypocrite.

The plan enacted wasn't to slow the spread or flatten the curve. It was purely political and IMO make a name for herself for that VP spot.

This was reinforced when she opened up manufacturing long before businesses that would be less risky to that cause. Why you may ask? Because of the political implications and deals that have plagued this state for decades.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

And, how do you know that beyond the shadow of a doubt?

Nursing homes were the worst hit.
Followed by some urban areas.

Why is Michigan’s coronavirus death rate so high?

Multiple factors appear to be at work, said experts including Sims, who’s heading several studies on coronavirus. Those factors include the intensity of the pandemic here; the fact Michigan’s surge occurred as doctors were still struggling to develop treatment protocols, and the sociodemographics of Michigan’s hardest-hit communities. Yet another factor, experts say, is the way Michigan collects data on coronavirus deaths compared to some other states.

“It was like a tsunami of all of this coming together in a short period of time,” said Dr. Vikas Parekh, a University of Michigan internist who heads the Michigan Medicine team working on coronavirus forecasts.

Regardless, I guess you can just stay at home next week, and thereafter.....
Me, I'm going to dine out and have a wonderful steak dinner.
Whitmer ends Michigan's stay home order, allows bars and restaurants to reopen June 8
www.detroitnews.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Oh, please!!!!!

Shut off the god damn social media & mainstream media -- listen to us locals with feet on the ground here being honest.
Her claim is not, and I cannot emphasize this enough, NOT representative of what Michiganders actually did despite the whiny chickens#s turbo posting all over the place. They only made it seem like masking up was a unified widespread effort. The majority of people wore them long enough to suss out what others were going to do or not do before tossing 'em. My wear time lasted all of 10 minutes once when it went into effect for stores. Granted, the ear strap broke & I had no choice but to chuck it, but no one so much as scowled at me then, or since.

In short, her edicts didn't do anywhere close to what she claims because we dismissed it. Maybe a minor nod to the Detroit metro's numbers if they adhered more, but it doesn't appear to be the case overall. And we're fine for it.

She and the media are manipulating & taking credit for something that didn't actually pan out in her favor in practice.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Idk, DToM. If you put a gun to my head and said lick McDonald's food station or a dollar bill, I just might take the bullet.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

Idk, DToM. If you put a gun to my head and said lick McDonald's food station or a dollar bill, I just might take the bullet.

Hmm, we've been throwing our disposable at the local indie pizza joint once a week the whole stretch. I'd lick a tenner for a Big Mac right about now...

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Tenner? Tenor?

Soda?

Wth Nyiah!

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Nyiah

Tenner? Tenor?

Soda?

Wth Nyiah!

XD
Give me a little credit here, it only took 5 and a half years to break the lifelong habit of saying soda, I say pop now & blend in better XD

Edit: I'm still working on saying pop and not Coke, though. That one's much harder to break for some reason.
edit on 6/1/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

There's no choice there.
But, I would not be at a McDonald's....or a Taco Bell.
Ever.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't get too excited yet. A friend of mine went to Edina MN which is a suberb of Minneapolis today as a driver for another friend having a medical procedure. Even though MN opened up recently and gradually, today was 'the' day when things should have started opening up.

here is an article about it and what the guidelines would be.

www.startribune.com...

Here's a snippet for your reading pleasure:

What businesses are going to reopen as a result of the new order?

Many small businesses and retailers that were shuttered under the stay-at-home order will be allowed to open but there will be restrictions on operations, such as 50 percent of store capacity, and they’ll need to have measures in place for social distancing for employees and customers. This includes shopping malls, with some restrictions on common spaces. Walz still wants anyone who can work from home to do so.

What about restrictions for bars and restaurants?

Under new guidance from the administration, bars and restaurants can start serving customers outdoors on June 1 with social distancing measures in place. State officials are encouraging local governments to get creative with zoning requirements to allow for more outdoor dining.

The new guidelines cap outdoor seating at a restaurant at 50 people and requires employees to wear masks. Patrons must make a reservation in advance and parties are limited to four people, or six people if everyone in the group is part of one family.

Bars and restaurants can still serve delivery and take out food orders, and the Legislature and governor have relaxed rules that allow them to serve some beer and wine with food orders.

Can I go to the hair salon or the movies yet?

Businesses such as hair salons and barber shops can also open to in-person services starting June 1, but they can only operate at 25% capacity, and employees must wear masks and other protective equipment when working with a customer.

Movie theaters, concert venues and similar locations are still closed to the public.

What about outdoor sports, recreation and summer camps?

The governor said the Department of Natural Resources is still working on guidance to see if summer camps and youth sports can resume in the summer, but those are still largely restricted under the order. The order does allow for “outdoor tournaments, competitions, practices, and sports that allow for social distance” and do not require groups of more than 10 people.

Any update on school closures?

Public K-12 schools across the state are closed under a separate executive order for the remainder of the academic year, and that hasn’t changed. He hasn’t made a decision yet on what will happen with fall classes.

Are churches and other houses of worship open to the public yet?

After extensive negotiations with faith leaders, Walz issued an executive order allowing funeral homes, wedding venues, churches and and other houses of worship to reopen starting May 27. Services are capped at 250 individuals and there must be 6 feet of physical distancing between households, under the new order.

But hey, here's my point: he said most everything was still mostly closed. He isn't anywhere near the riots so it's not that. A nearby Olive Garden still has only orders to go. The few bars that had outside seating were busy. Most restaurants though were still closed down and weren't doing any business. He said it was quiet and very little traffic. It was in the 90's today so I expect with more summer days, people will be getting out and about more. But the curse isn't lifted yet evidently. It will take a bit for all the sleeping beauties to wake up and realize that there is still life to live outside of their immediate environment.

I can't believe that in such a short time, everyone was brainwashed and turned into little scared chickens.

posted on Jun, 1 2020 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Not getting excited.
At least we get 50% capacity.
And, we eat our main meal during off peak hours.

I actually need a haircut more than a steak, and that is not in the cards yet.
And even then, imagine the backup to get an appointment.

She could have handled this so much better without treating us like 5 year olds.
Japan didn't mandatory lockdown......and those citizens live in far closer quarters than most of Michigan does.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join