It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan..... We are Mad as Hell... ...UPDATED Stay at Home Lifts June 8

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
But not totally surprised.
There's a thread in a non-muddy forum.
But, to tell the truth, I am a little more that pissed at the chutzpah of Ms Whitmer.
To extend the lockdown of part of the state while she vacations, while many hundreds of residents are homeless due to the flood her administration fiddled through.
To continue to cripple and destroy the economy of the State of Michigan.
To attempt to destroy the spirit of the good citizens of the State of Michigan.
She should be ashamed, continuing to treat us like three year olds.

Gov. Gretchen Whitmer extends Michigan stay-at-home order through June 12

“Not only is Gretchen Whitmer going around the state Legislature, but now she is sneaking around the people of Michigan by announcing an extension to her stay at home order after regular business hours on a holiday weekend,” Cox said.

“The only thing she is trying to keep safe is her political career.”

While on the legal front:
www.bridgemi.com...

But Leaf and a growing chorus of sheriffs – some linked to a controversial, right-wing national movement that asserts a sheriff’s unique authority ­— are testing the limits of Whitmer’s executive orders. The “constitutional sheriff” movement essentially holds that sheriffs — not the governor, nor the federal government — are the final word on interpreting the constitution within their county.

It remains an open question what Whitmer or Attorney General Dana Nessel can, or ever will, do about it.

Whitmer extends stay-home order, closures of gyms, salons and other businesses to June 12

“While the data shows that we are making progress, we are not out of the woods yet," the governor said in a news release. “If we’re going to lower the chance of a second wave and continue to protect our neighbors and loved ones from the spread of this virus, we must continue to do our part by staying safer at home. If we open too soon, thousands more could die and our hospitals will get overwhelmed. While we finally have more protective equipment like masks, we can’t run the risk of running low again.”

Does she even listen to the crap she spews?

More likely the real reason cases are dropping is people are going about their business as much as possible.
Traffic is getting back to normal.
People are getting fresh air and sunshine.
Gretch, this is going to backfire on you at some point.
I hope you know that.
Karma is a bitch.

UPDATE
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on Mon Jun 1 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

What kills me is Michigan was starting to rebound a little after decades of getting screwed.

I have family of there and consider it a second home. It's a damn shame the unfair shake that state gets after being such a thriving organ of this nation's economy.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
People should rightfully be pissed and use her as an example of overreach.

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Another small business owner is fed up....
Flint bar to open next week in defiance of governor’s order

Tim and Paula Stanek have owned Chilly’s Bar for nine years and they’re concerned holding off on opening back up their business could mean losing it.

They have decided to open despite the governor’s order to keep certain businesses, like bars, gyms and salon, closed until June 12.

The couple said “we may lose our license however we will (lose) our business anyway at this rate” in a public Facebook post Friday.

I feel for these people, I really do.
To have people get this desperate to earn a living, a living that is being denied to them by an inept faux leader.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Give yerself an applause!

I hope she is seen in public.

+28 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   

They do not care how many people they hurt, how many die, how many suffer...

As long as they can make political points with the suffering.

Please remember, remember, this November...

edit on 22-5-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes, Michigan was finally struggling back.
I can remember doing through northern Michigan and the UP about twenty years ago.....seeing liquor stores and bars our of business.
And, Ms Whitmer is bringing all that unemployment and despair back to the state.

To be this out of touch, she must have come from some wealth.
No one with a concern for working people, for the middle class, for small businesses would do what she is doing.

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:04 PM
link   

New South Wales, which had the lions share of the Covid cases thanks to a cruise ship, opens her pubs, gyms and cafes on June 1st.

Prior to this fiasco the US was usually ahead of the curve in such things, some states are, most citizens are BUT I'm sorry, some states in the US have gone full-retard in the absolute mind-blowing overt control-freak-ness displayed by elected officials in weaponizing this crisis for political purposes and using their states' citizens as the fodder.

Rogue government is a threat to the Constitution, you have tools at your disposal in dealing with this situation.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:06 PM
link   

You have my 100% sympathy.

Whitmer is starting to reek very much like tyranny.

Look at your name. Don't tread on me. She is trying to tread on you. Will you fight back?

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   

She came from worse than wealth.

Gretchen Whitmer was born in 1971 in Lansing, Michigan and is the eldest of three children of Sharon H. "Sherry" Reisig and Richard Whitmer, who were both attorneys. Her father served as head of the state department of commerce under Governor William Milliken and was the president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan between 1988 and 2006. Whitmer's mother worked as an assistant attorney general under Michigan Attorney General Frank Kelley.

She came from political corruption.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The U.S. Department of Justice is going to attempt to force Illinois's reopening.

Illinois Mobster-Governor May Be Forced to Reopen state: www.foxnews.com...

Seems the DOJ should go after nut-job Gretchen Whitmer too!

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Our fighting back takes the form of supporting as many local businesses as we can.
Small groceries. Small bakeries. Mom and pop places.
Getting take-out from only local restaurants.

Avoiding large chains as much as possible.

Supporting a local soup kitchen.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Indeed!

These pitiful baby step, the constant threats to backspace those baby steps...we need to DOJ to see here for what she is.

If the DOJ is after Illinois, can Michigan be far behind?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Our fighting back takes the form of supporting as many local businesses as we can.
Small groceries. Small bakeries. Mom and pop places.
Getting take-out from only local restaurants.

Avoiding large chains as much as possible.

Supporting a local soup kitchen.

I see...

Sounds great. Peaceful resistance. I am not that fascinated about mob rule anyway...

I am not aware how your system works but next time there is an election, for governor, remember her deeds. Get someone to call the shots who actually cares. About humans. Americans. Michigan people.

Sending positive vibes from the north to support you fine folks. Together you are stronger than this authority junkie Whitmer. I promise.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Indeed!

These pitiful baby step, the constant threats to backspace those baby steps...we need to DOJ to see here for what she is.

If the DOJ is after Illinois, can Michigan be far behind?

I hope not. But this just kills me...

But Leaf and a growing chorus of sheriffs – some linked to a controversial, right-wing national movement that asserts a sheriff’s unique authority

What? Really? Controversial??? Constitutional definitely, not controversial unless you're a Democrat.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Builders group sues Whitmer over new workplace safety orders

“Gov. Whitmer’s approach threatens the safe jobs of Michigan workers who from the start have led the way, creating the gold standard of safe worksites during the COVID-19 public health crisis,” said Jeff Wiggins, state director for ABC Michigan in a press release. “Michigan’s more than 100,000 craft trades professionals deserve safety and certainty from state government as they return to their jobsites. They also deserve to have a voice in the rules process. Instead, they are threatened by the arbitrary, unclear and unconstitutional enforcement methods set to be dispatched throughout the state to intimidate good, honest workers.”

The also state that ms whitmer is overstepping her authority, and illegally issuing laws with the consent of the legislature.

Backlogged surgeries from coronavirus shutdown could take months to reschedule

Henry Ford Health System has a backlog of about 8,000 surgical procedures that were postponed when COVID-19 began to surge in metro Detroit.

The University of Michigan Health System estimates it has 12,000 such surgeries waiting to be scheduled.

At Beaumont Health, about 8,500 surgical procedures were delayed, along with 300-400 cardiac catheterizations and roughly 9,500 imaging procedures, such as CT scans MRIs and X-rays.

All these procedures are for people who had to wait, suffer, stress all these many weeks because of state government overreach.
These hospitals should have been back in business some weeks ago.
How many will die---run out of time die to this shutdowns?

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I didn't vote for her.
Geographically, most of the state did not vote for her.
She won due to democratic urban areas.

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well, Whitmer opened up the UP somewhat while leaving most of the lower peninsula locked down....so now the people from downstate are coming up here because they have more freedom. They have more of a problem down there, so Whitmer wants them to come infect us. If she would have relaxed it somewhat down there, the trolls would not be coming up here to spread it. We only had sixteen deaths here, most from nursing homes, but now....I think she is sabotaging us.

Everytime someone challenges her she strikes back and by doing so targets us citizens in Michigan to try to train our people to say no to the Republicans. I have known people like her over the years, most were guys. They are spoiled rotten jerks that will do anything to crush everyone if they are challenged.

I wish there was something we could do, I would sign a recall petition, but I doubt if even now anyone could come to your house to get your signature. And the court houses are also closed pretty much because of her actions. She has made it hard for us to take legal action to recall her.

I see her smirk on TV when she wins or even think she is winning, the fake smile she has is not the same as her smirk.

I have this feeling someone is going to come unglued and take her out with a long range rifle or something , she thinks she is getting away with things, but most people who have that attitude usually wind up paying for their actions. Some loose cannon might do something, she is putting a target on her own back. Probably some retired military person or old cop or something, because they will believe they are doing something good for our country...which could lead to the government trying to take away our guns more diligently. Not good, I hope nobody uses a gun. The Liberals will use her death as a way to take away our deer rifles.

She is acting like a spoiled kid, she is way worse than Trump ever was.

link   
I’m beginning to think she’s actually a Trump supporter. She’s certainly helping turn her state red.

link   

More likely the real reason cases are dropping is people are going about their business as much as possible.
Traffic is getting back to normal.
People are getting fresh air and sunshine.
Gretch, this is going to backfire on you at some point.
I hope you know that.
Karma is a bitch.

You been very bad kiddies and so you will have a timeout until like Oct, maybe longer, if you do not blindly follow her ORDERS! As a state if you keep voting in an all controlling Goverment then there really isn't reason to complain when they do exactly what the voters voted for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join