It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question on Black holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I Have a question that many people have awnsered for me but i dont beleive them. My question: Where does the matter that gets sucked into a black hole go? their awnser: riped appart and gets destroyed. But they really dont anwser my question I dont beleive that they go nowere I beleive black holes have to send the matter they rippup sum were but most people dont beleive me any anwseres

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The actually answer, no one knows.

The best supported theory, the matter gets converted to energy and is redistributes into our universe via gamma rays ejections at the poles and Hawking radiation at the event horizon.

There is direct evidence for the gamma ray ejections at the poles but hawking radiation is purely based on theory.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quest
The actually answer, no one knows.

i agree with quest no one knows what happens when something goes into a black hole and matter can neither be created nor destroyed but it can be converted.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Whatever penetrates the black hole,enters the nuclear named as "point".Cause in black hole,dimensions are changing.You may measure time with a ruler,but you may measure your height with a watch (whatever it means).So entering in a point is not nonsence,cause the "matter" is no more in a form you know,you are full of radiation.

Another theory is,however at science there is a symetry,white holes are thought to be existing(even if there is not a proof like black holes).They are thought to "spread" whatever is passing nearby.If a black hole and a white hole is in a unique form,but without center crossing,whatever enters the black hole can escape from the white hole but how?burned/radioactivated and in which time?

[edit on 14-3-2005 by pazzo]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by pazzo]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well, considering that a "black hole" isn't a hole, I always assumed that any matter crossing the event horizon was added to the mass of the black hole, barring, of course, the energy stripped and emitted as Hawking radiation and/or polar gamma ejections.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Squincha
I Have a question that many people have awnsered for me but i dont beleive them. My question: Where does the matter that gets sucked into a black hole go? their awnser: riped appart and gets destroyed. But they really dont anwser my question I dont beleive that they go nowere I beleive black holes have to send the matter they rippup sum were but most people dont beleive me any anwseres

The matter that goes into a black hole passeds thought it, This is what happens when any matter passes the entrance of a hole. Where does It go??? Interesting question. I would imagine that it feels un pleasantly like being drunk. What, being drunk unpleasant. Well ask a glass of water.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   
"No one knows" blackholes are a theory, formulated most popularly by Hawking. The fact is that even if we knew what blackholes meant, it wouldn't do anything for us. We dont even know a fraction of what we could about our own surroundings, and even if we could, it would only help a small percentage. If we did know all there was and is to know about blackholes, how would that help our situation in our everyday lives?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The theory in the last documentary i saw was;
Black holes are entry doors of universe tunnels and the way out would be the white holes.....of course this is just another theory.
If would be possible to prove this....we could be able to travel to anywhere in the universe (to where the specific tunnel lead), even be able to travel in time.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krpano
The theory in the last documentary i saw was;
Black holes are entry doors of universe tunnels and the way out would be the white holes.....of course this is just another theory.
If would be possible to prove this....we could be able to travel to anywhere in the universe (to where the specific tunnel lead), even be able to travel in time.

This is more the theory about "wormholes". Actually, data seems to indicate with a strong degree of confidence that a black hole is not a hole as such, but rather a mass of matter concentrated to densities far beyond comprehension.

[Edit]
I think this page explains it well.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Once matter gets into the accresion disk ,and passes the event horizen we really do no know what happens. What we do know is that matter probly is ripped to sub-atomic levels, and it is possible those particles end up on the sigulatiry itself increasing its mass. If there was a loss of mass there wouldn't be the number and sizes of black holse at the center of our galaxy.

No one knows what the singularity is like. Some believe it looks like "quantum foam." Others disagree and think it is more solid. Whatever it is, it is governed by physical laws that are not yet understood. No one knows if an object drawn into the hole would smash into it, becoming part of it, or if it would somehow travel through it (as occurs in popular science fiction).

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Black holes are believed to be masses so great that their effect on space time is so extreme that it creates a "pocket" more or less in space. some even say that it is a sub universe. I would say the most likely explanation, since we know matter can be converted into energy,E=MC^2, that the matter is transformed into radiation. next to that, the white hole theory as a black hole being a bridge through space-time is likely as well. Remember in relativity Gravity is an effect caused by the curvature in space-time.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by CGBSpender]

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
While we may not have a definate answer yet, from what we know, this is how objects would travel through a black hole

nasa pics from howstuffworks.com

from the pics, im still skeptical. Either the objects that enter the hole are crushed to the atomic level and then collide so fast that they repel in two separate directions at collision or all matter simply condenses to nothingness and the jets going in opposite directions are just residue that slipped away. And if nothingness cannot exist, then the matter will eventually expand but it ay be hundreds of billions of years or just a few hundred, huh knows before it goes into a reverse cycle of some sort. I've always thought that coming full circle, this would be the start of a nebula.

We would never live long enough to witness the cycle though. I figured if a black hole pulled everything in with so much energy, that nothing would escape it. Then when the energy of the black hole finally begins to wear down, the matter within would begin to escape. Over time, all the matter would've been released and the source of the black hole, the singularity would be weak enough that it could no longer pull matter into it but instead around it eventually forming a sun. Who knows though, just remember that we havn't really gotten that long of a look at the skies with the tech we have now adays. We're still expanding the borders of the universe everytime we upgrade tech and before they we're saying the universe was shrinking.

top topics

join