It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Are We Borrowing From? Who Is Going to Profit From the Pandemic for Decades?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
a reply to: puzzlesphere
As has been explained, the central bank creates the new money but they don't just give it to the government, it is traded for bonds which represent government debt.

Yes.

Google "Modern Money Mechanics", download and study the PDF. It was issued by The Federal Reserve Bank, and describes the entire process of monetary creation, including the fractional reserve aspect.

Here are just a few quotes (not from the booklet, just general quotes about money) that are very appropriate...

"The few who understand the system...will either be so interested in its profits or so dependent on its favors that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of people, mentally incapable of comprehending...will bear its burdens without complaint."
A communique sent from the Rothschild investment house in England to its associate in New York
Source: Roberts, Archibald E., Bulletin—Committee to Restore the Constitution, February 1989, p.5.

"It is a common practice of congressmen to make the title of acts promise aright, but in the body or text of the acts to rob the people of what is promised in the title."
Source: Charles A. Lindbergh Sr., Lindbergh on the Federal Reserve, Noontide Press, Costa Mesa CA, 1923, p.70.

Lindbergh was a United States Congressman from Minnesota's 6th congressional district from 1907 to 1917, and opposed American entry into World War I as well as the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. He had some very interesting to say about the Fed, and his comments in the federal record are well worth researching.

"Some of the biggest men in the United States in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so orga- nized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so perva- sive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it."
Source: Woodrow Wilson, The New Freedom (quoted in Roberts, p.176).

And the following, though unsourced and so possibly not legit, are still extremely on target...

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
Henry Ford, Sr.

"You are a den of vipers! I intend to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out. If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking system, there would be a revolution by morning."
President Andrew Jackson, 1834, killed The Bank
edit on 22-5-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo
The thing is virtually every nation has just created a bunch of new money so - I think it all kind of cancels out as long as it is somewhat relative to the countries GDP.

... and herein lies my entire point. It doesn't cancel out... there is a "gap", which effectively equates to "inflation" as a concept in context to the GDP, and is WHY governments are saying that we have to "pay it back".

Given that every country has just "created" money, why do we have to "pay it back" at all, and to who? Ourselves? The world bank? Who is that (not the entity, and it's public policies, but the financiers)? Who's pocket actually gets lined during the "maturation" process?

Do people not see that it is our collective effort that is the direct equation to GDP, so there is no reason to "pay back" towards maturing bonds, that have no inherent value, beyond the concept of inflation, which evaporates during a global financial crisis (maybe there's an argument for this model during nomral times, but absolutely not during a global crisis).

It's a subtle thing I am trying to convey here, and I think tanstaafl understands my point, as I do understand how bonds work, and that on the surface it seems like we are essentially paying ourselves back as an economy, through the "growth" of these bonds over time.

But the question is... who lines their pocket in the interim? Maybe tanstaafl is correct, and it's dangerous to ask, because it has been so effectively hidden from our view right in front of our face, to the point where we justify the erroneous concepts of GDP and inflation ourselves... yet those concepts are actually revenue generators for someone, at some point... an actual person/people.

Who?

posted on May, 23 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Who?

The silence is deafening...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join